Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Hey Moodene (Nadine) about knitting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Hey Moodene (Nadine) about knitting Next Topic  

dellsworth
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Deanna
Blue Ash Ohio
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  07:39:47 AM  Show Profile
I read a post from earlier in Dec in the marketplace forum with the picture of the festive cute llama (remember?)that you would like to learn to knit but have nobody nearby to teach you one-on-one and have hearing issues that prevent you from attending classes. Well, I have a suggestion. I am in the process of teaching myself to knit. I found a book at my local library called "Teach Yourself Visually - Knitting" by Sharon Turner. It is part of a series of teach yourself how to craft books. I would never be able to learn from a book by myself except that this has such great stitch by stitch and step by step photo illustrations. And another thing I found was a video website for beginning knitters at www.ehow.com/videos-on_5274_knit-beginners.html where a young lady also demonstrates all sorts of knitting skills (very basic) pretty clearly on video. And hopefully on the video you could turn the volume up as loud as you need to. Also, I am fairly certain MaryJanesFarm must have learning resources for knitting somewhere but I haven't bought Mary Jane's books yet (tight on cash just now) and I am so new to MJF that I dont' know where to look. Maybe the other ladies would chime in here and educate us????

Deanna
Farmgirl Sister #909

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  5:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
Oh thank you!! I will look into this..Our library is currently going under a huge remodeling job so it is closed until next year. But I can ask the ladies who worked( working at our school library right now) there to check out if they have anything like that..My problem is I have to lip read. I have closed captioned on my TV and that does help alot! Thank you so much for the suggestion. Yes please chime in if anyone else have any ideas to help us out..lol.

Love me like I am. farmgirl #801
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Hey Moodene (Nadine) about knitting Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page