Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Really bad sinus infection
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Really bad sinus infection Next Topic  

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2009 :  2:41:07 PM  Show Profile
What can I do besides take rounds, and rounds of antibiotics? Looking for more humane and natural help. Both nostrils are bleeding, I can't breath and I'm exhausted....looking for help...I really need to work on my herbalism...but I need to get well first.

HELP!!!!!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2009 :  3:34:39 PM  Show Profile
Neti pot every day twice a day when you start to feel bad. I use to have 1 or 2 infections a year I have not had one since using the neti pot. You might have to get it all in shape with the drugs but after that Neti pot.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2009 :  8:45:10 PM  Show Profile
I do hope your medications work fast for you. We all got sinus infections in our house and wound up with pneumonia from it. There is a bug going around that starts out with the sinuses & then goes into the chest, the sore throat & awful cough last for up to 3 months afterwords. After dealing with it since October, we are finally getting back to normal.

Green tea, Vick's vapor rub, warm mist humidifier, Riccola cough drops, and Sudafed helped on top of our prescriptions.

I hope you are feeling better again soon!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2009 :  8:51:03 PM  Show Profile
This sounds like what I had a few months ago. I ended up taking tha pack. It knocked it out. But I wish I had known about the Elderberry syrup before I got so sick. If I even start to feel sick I will take more of it as soon as possible. I really don't know much about it but it's supposed to stop it from getting worse.

i hope you get better soon.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  09:11:07 AM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear you are down with this, Annika. I had a really nasty one last month, and had to get antibiotics for it, but the doctor recommended getting a neti pot. Please get yourself one, it is wonderful!! I was a bit skeptical at first, but it really helped. Mine came with pre-measured packets of powder to mix with water.

Also, oil of oregano is good for fighting infections. There are drops or capsules you can take. I also take a product called Cold-FX (not sure if it's sold in the USA), and it usually keeps most colds at bay.

Hope you feel better soon.

Lori

Farmgirl Sister #183
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  10:02:48 AM  Show Profile
I do a sinus rinse thats like a neti pot, but I use an ear syringe and lean over the sink. Its easier for me. I also add grapefruit seed extract to the mixture.

This is a webpage that shows how I do it. It has a recipe also.It may sting a bit the first time you do it, but I promise it will get better.

http://www.aaaai.org/patients/publicedmat/sinusitis/rinse.stm
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  10:32:41 AM  Show Profile
I'd use a neti pot. You also might want to steam yourself with a couple of drops of tea tree oil as well (fill a mid sized bowl with boiling water and put your face over it at a safe distance and put a towel over your head). If you're asthmatic I'd try this without the tea tree.

Have you upped your vitamin C intake? maybe also take an extra vitamin D.

If you're on antibiotics don't forget to take your good bacteria (i.e. yogurt) a couple of hours after you've had the meds.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  7:35:08 PM  Show Profile
I spray a silver sol liquid in my nose when getting sinus problems. And you can use it in the netti pot.

I have been taking the elderberry all fall and I have not been sick at all or missed any work. The flu has been all around me. I have not had any sinus problems either. But in times past I have used the silver product. Actually, I will list my program- a combination with elderberry as a main ingredient and Silver Sheild gel swabbed in each nostril in the morning. In the evening I take a probiotic formula and Vitamin D-3. That is my winter immune busting program.

Farmgirl Sister #758
www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com
http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
http://healthtalkcafe.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Really bad sinus infection Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page