1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  5:30:24 PM  Show Profile
If you all read my earlier post about the pie eating dog, well I got those all re-made and wrapped and froze. I started on others , traditial pumpkin, and my absoulot favorite, deep dish apple with craisins and walnuts with a strudal topping, SO...I go to take it out of the oven, and dropped it, it is now all over the oven door, and everything is too hot to wipe up, so that oven is out of comishion till I have time to get out the chisel and hammer. This is not my day for baking, wish me luck tomorrow girls, I really think I'm gonna need it, lol.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  6:07:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh Teresa---Good vibes going your way. tomorrow will be better. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  6:30:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mary Beth

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  6:41:00 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I am so sorry Teresa!!! I would just cry after that and start again tomorrow!!!
Praying that tomorrow will be better!!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  6:55:37 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Channah

Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  6:58:23 PM  Show Profile
...sendin' BIG ((((HUGS)))) your way.

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  7:18:18 PM  Show Profile
Teresa:
Let's see, a plane ride to CA would take about 3 hours, I have no idea, but... it tomorrow is like today... well.... call me. Maybe Kris and I can go to CA and help you. LOL. Just think of the memories you'll have for next year as you are baking all the pies again. A guaranteed laugh for next year. Take care my friend.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  04:36:54 AM  Show Profile
Marly, I'd love to go. But I'd have to drive and then it would be too late for Christmas. Maybe next week?

Teresa, I'm so sorry you had such bad luck. Too bad it didn't fall pan up. Or if it was still in one piece, I'd have just scooped it up and stuck it all back in the pan and be done with it! A little dirt don't hurt. And who would've seen it? The dogs? ANd they wouldn't tell anyone. But did you let the dog help clean up?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  05:57:34 AM  Show Profile
Teresa???? Are you baking in the Paradise Plantation kitchen?????? It sure seems like it! My tea cakes turned out undercooked and flat, but really way too browned for a tea cake! My fudge gave a good fight before it finally firmed up, and I"m not even gonna talk about those grilled pork chops! I am wishing you better baking in the kitchen on your next attempt!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  07:56:01 AM  Show Profile
I'm sending out every scrap of virtual kitchen mojo to you that I have. Can you smell the cinnamon scented vibes? Hopefully, I didn't send the barley flavored vibes to you, because those aren't really working out so great. :-)

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Crochet Geek, Newbie Fiddler, Would-be Farmer, Backyard Chicken Rancher, Soon to Be Podcaster
http://beesinourbonnetsintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Podcasts at http://thefannyfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  08:58:51 AM  Show Profile
Well...all the pies and candy is done, I crawled into bed about 3:45 am this morn, and then that damn alarm clock went off at 4:30 am, I now need to go get a new alarm clock,lol. My so sweet D-in -law went out this morn and chiseled on the apple coated oven door for me, so I think it will be usable without to much smoke, don't want anyone calling the fire dept,lol. I am doing "NO" baking today, cause as tired as I am, I would put me in the oven, and the pie would watch me cook. I have never had such a screwed up baking day, it stinks getting older.

Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  10:23:36 AM  Show Profile
Dont you just hate that!!!

Farmgirl Sister #368
~~~**Terri**~~~
My blog is up again, please go and read....
http//thecontentedwoman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  10:41:18 AM  Show Profile
Well we can certainly say it was not your day. Ah got to love those moments that are really not funny till a LONG time later. Where's the calgone when ya need it
Have a good nap you SOOOO deserve it.
{{squeeze}}

Learning to appreciate having a glass..not half full or empty..just thankful for a glass :)
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  4:28:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh no! I think you need some green tea and some zen music...My grandma always said nothing ever turned out when company came over. (we never noticed that to be true)

I once made a pie in a pyrex glass pie dish and set it on the top of the stove ready to go in the oven. I didnt realize that the burner was on, the pie dish exploded literally and glass and pie chunks were everywhere, meanwhile my dogs came thundering into the room trying to eat the pie on the floor which was mixed with broken glass!

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  8:15:26 PM  Show Profile
Tomrrow is another day, and it's gonna be lots better!! Christmas cheer to you and a nice nap too!! Oh, hugs too!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2009 :  02:55:03 AM  Show Profile
Hoping it is going better for you today!!!!!

http://www.tribalhorse.blogspot.com ..... http://www.tribalbarter.blogspot.com ( items for sale here )
Go to Top of Page

happydaze
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

lorraine
atlanta ni
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2009 :  4:38:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh dear, my oven wouldnt work at all yesterday...dinner was raw. seems like it is important to actually turn the oven on when trying to make a roast for dinner! after I turned that little knob, it worked just fine...I'm such a ditz!!
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2009 :  5:57:40 PM  Show Profile
LOL, Lorraine, been there , done that. Thats what happens when we are in full swing during our busy season. I try to only do crockpot then, turn it on the night before, or first thing in the morn.

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ok, now I'm gonna cry... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page