Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  2:52:56 PM  Show Profile
Do you gals usually ship thru the Post Office or use UPS? I used UPS to send a package Friday, and 'twasn't a pleasant experience, when the dust settled, lol. They called me after I dropped off the package and said they didn't think the box would make it thru the equiptment without falling apart (turns out there was water damage on the bottom of the box that I hadn't seen), and so they offered to "put it in another box". I told them that would be great, and they could charge it to my work account...asked for a total, and he got snippy and said he'd just have to get to it when he could...

So I called today to find out what the charge was.... $30...

For a box, tape, and five minutes? I guess I ordered the cardboard box deluxe...

No wonder he wouldn't quote me a price!

This is the second time I've left with a bad taste in my mouth....is the service just a "UPS" thing, or have I just had bad luck?

Any other "holiday shipping horror stories"? :)

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com
www.patternprincess.blogspot.com
www.jodieliza.etsy.com

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  3:36:04 PM  Show Profile
I never use the UPS STORE but I LOVE my UPS guy! He's great!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

rhondacate
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Rhonda
Janesville CA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  10:54:06 PM  Show Profile
I've often heard that if you are shipping UPS, DO NOT use UPS Stores, rather just use UPS offices. Their prices are cheaper and don't add all of the fees that "The UPS Store" adds.

~Rhonda

http://rmfo-blogs.com/rhonda
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2009 :  03:26:32 AM  Show Profile
And, just so all you girls know, the UPS guys are working overtime right now to get all your packages to you in time for Christmas, and some to you even earlier than expected!!!
My hubby is going in to work between 12 am and 2 am all this week, and has even been getting some overtime since Thanksgiving, so they are definitely working hard!! :)
PS- Definitely don't use ups stores, they charge you way more than if you brought it in to a center.

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

If you rest, you rust. Helen Hayes

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2009 :  07:15:11 AM  Show Profile
I don't need to UPS for shipping, but I receive a lot of on-line purchases shipped through them. My UPS delivery man for our neighborhood is wonderful and very considerate. He seems to know the best place to leave packages if know one is home. He always has a smile & waves when he drives by. I hope all the drivers have a super safe holiday season. I see their trucks everywhere out here!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2009 :  2:55:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I have no problem with the UPS guys :) They ARE all very hardworking and kind, and there was one who had apprx the same route as I drove for work last year, so we'd always smile and wave at each other. But it sounds like it's just the "UPS store" thing with the outrageous prices, then. I think I'll stick with the USPS next year, lol. :)

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com
www.patternprincess.blogspot.com
www.jodieliza.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic UPS Store Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page