Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Anyone reading "hit by a farm" by Catherine Friend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Anyone reading "hit by a farm" by Catherine Friend Next Topic  

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  08:21:12 AM  Show Profile
I just picked this up at the library and I'm already loving it! It reminds me of an updated "Egg and I" - two would-be farmers starting out. The blurb on the back of the book reads "Hit by a Farm is a coming of (middle) age story of a woman trying to close the divide between who she wants to be and who she really is." Boy, that sounds like me!

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Crochet Geek, Newbie Fiddler, Would-be Farmer, Backyard Chicken Rancher, Soon to Be Podcaster
http://beesinourbonnetsintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Podcasts at http://thefannyfarm.blogspot.com/

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  10:49:50 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like my kinda book. I'll have to check it out at my library soon. Thanks.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  2:58:39 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to check it out too! It sounds like a great book. I hope my Windy Pines cousins, Michele, sees this and orders it up by her farm.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

sanderfam
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Renae
MN
14 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  3:31:04 PM  Show Profile
I've read Hit by a Farm and nearly wet my pants at some parts...too funny. I've also read The Compassionate Carnivore by her too...very interesting. Catherine also has a blog--Farm Tales--at www.catherinefriend.com
I've met both her and Melissa...great ladies. I think I need to go back a re-read that book...I could use a good laugh.
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  7:22:39 PM  Show Profile
Love both Hit by a Farm and the Compassionate Carnivore! What a talented writing Catherine is!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2009 :  5:46:46 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly:
I absolutely loved "The Egg and I". I have read that book four times. It just makes me smile, laugh, etc... All of Betty MacDonald's books have a place in my library. When I don't have anything new or good to read, I pick up one of her books, and re-read. This new one "Hit by a Farm", have you started reading it? Let me know if it is good. Is this a new book, or an old book? Thanks for the information.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2315 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2315 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  10:05:31 AM  Show Profile
I read "Hit by a Farm" last winter and loved it.

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  07:22:07 AM  Show Profile
Ooooh, sounds like a good book. I am overloaded in books right now - you should see the pile in my bedroom. Right next to the bed, this giant pile. Most are from the library, but sheesh... I need more time in my day.

http://lateinlifemommy.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Anyone reading "hit by a farm" by Catherine Friend Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page