CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  07:07:29 AM  Show Profile
Fast Fix for my birthday. It has a lot of good recipes in it. I have many of the Gooseberry cookbooks. I love most of them. But, I hadn't seen this one before. Anyone else like these cookbooks? What's your favorite one? I am partial to the Autumn and Christmas ones.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  09:34:10 AM  Show Profile
I have a couple of these, though I can't honestly say if I've used them or not! I AM the cookbook QUEEN and have so many! I guess I can say I usually only look at them around the holidays as well. Not just Christmas and Thanksgiving, but other holidays throughout the year as well.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  1:39:30 PM  Show Profile
I love these cookbooks- I mostly have Christmas and Autumn books- I do have the Church Suppers and I have used many of the recipes from that. I LOVE all the little tid bits at the bottom of the pages and the wonderful stories!!
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  5:55:59 PM  Show Profile
I have several, I especially like the Autumn and Christmas ones. Ladies, if you submit a recipe to them and they publish it, you get a free cookbook. That is how I got mine. I will have to check out the Church Supper one :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

weaverchic
True Blue Farmgirl

362 Posts

gerri
Largo Florida
USA
362 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  6:56:42 PM  Show Profile
I have a nice library of Goose Berry Cookbooks. I am fond of the "Christmas Book" series. They have wonderful ideas for holiday gift giving. When I need some further inspiration for gifts, I always refer to these books. I also enjoy receiving their mail order catalog. Sooo much fun to look at!

Gerri

Happiness is in the comfortable companionship of friends.
-Pam Brown
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  07:49:42 AM  Show Profile
I'm on the list at my library for a copy of one of them - not sure which. I've been on the waiting list so long I've forgotten. lol

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Crochet Geek, Newbie Fiddler, Would-be Farmer, Backyard Chicken Rancher, Eager Podcaster
http://beesinourbonnetsintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Podcasts at http://thefannyfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  1:14:26 PM  Show Profile
I have 10 of them including the on for kids. I like all there tid-bits at the bottom as well. I like "Quick and Easy" and Come on Over"

Learning to appreciate having a glass..not half full or empty..just thankful for a glass :)
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Got Gooseberry's cookbook Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page