Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Oops Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  8:39:37 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I did an oops this morning--bumped a car on my way to work. I didn't even see her, and she didn't even realize that I'd bumped her till she saw me pull over. So it was just a little thing but gee, I felt so dumb. then tonight, I was driving at the intersection where the accident occurred, and as I came to a stop, a car came from the direction she had come from. I noticed that for just a second, the car was COMPLETELY HIDDEN by a nearby tree. So now I don't feel quite so bad. My car has a little damage and I put a few scratches on hers, but nothing major. Guess I need to start drinking coffee in the morning so I'm more alert. though I don't know if that would have made a difference. Come to think of it, I saw two cars pulled over at that spot about a month ago, and they had obviously had a fender bender. It wouldn't surprise me at all if that tree had blocked the driver's view. I think from now on I'll take a different route. I don't like being involved in an accident, no matter how minor. Shakes me up.
cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  8:53:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh no Cindy! I had a minor fender bender in November and it had been a nightmare! I hope yours is easier to resolve than mine has been!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  9:14:03 PM  Show Profile
Alee-it was so minor that we didn't even bother to call the police. We just contacted our insurance agents. the lady whose car I bumped lives a few street over from me and I went to school with her son, use to hang around with him in college. I'm glad it was just minor. I hope you get yours resolved soon. The insurance game can be a real hassle at times.

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  03:26:53 AM  Show Profile
That's what's so annoying though, you can have all the coffee in the world, but something blocking your view is something entirely different.

At least now you know what to look for!

Glad it wasn't anything super serious and no body is hurt!!

Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  04:38:27 AM  Show Profile
Cindy - I'm glad you and the other driver are okay. It really is scary. And I'm with you. I think I'd change my route, if I could!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  05:40:59 AM  Show Profile
Glad it was nothing more than a few scratches, Im with you any kind of accident makes me a nervous wreck. I think Id go a different way too. Hope your Tuesday will be great do make up for a sour Monday! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Oops Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page