Kathy A.
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Kathy
Utah
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2004 :  08:17:34 AM  Show Profile
Hello Everyone, I have enjoyed the MJ. Farm magazines, website, and forum so much I decided to join in. A BIG thank you to Mary Jane! I was raised on a farm, and have been a gardener most of my life. We have a small place less than 2 acres but my new friends the city chicks call it "The Ranch". We have two cats who roam the ranch taking care of the gophers. I love chickens but I don't have any as yet. I'm also a potter, I use lots of garden themes in my clay work. One last thing I'm an avid rock hound, so if you wanna talk I'll listen.
Cheers,
Kathy A.

Farmgirl/gardener-Potter/Poet

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Tracy

12 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2004 :  11:22:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kathy and welcome!

I'm always jealous of people that work with clay. I'll bet your work is beautiful. My uncle was a rock hound and even had a store. Boy, he had some beautiful things. I can see how someone could get addicted.

Tracy

Nobody should have to share their water with a duck! DH
Go to Top of Page

Kathy A.
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Kathy
Utah
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2004 :  08:37:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi Tracy! Clay work is a very earthy thing to do and believe me once you get started you can't stop, it's a very creative process and there are clays that bake in your oven so no need to worry about expensive equipment. I do have a kiln and I do wheel thrown things but I get the most enjoyment out of things hand-built like childs play.
Sounds like you know what fun a rock shop can be, we stop at everyone we can find when we travel and we meet the most interesting people that way, sorry to say they are fewer and farther between now.
Hope your day is going well,
Kathy

Farmgirl/gardener-Potter/Poet
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Howdy from another farmgirl Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page