Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2004 :  10:11:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi, my name is Jenny. I am so happy to have found the magazine AND this website. How fun to know there are other farmgirls or wanna be farmgirls out there. It is all I have ever wanted to be. I am only on a small piece of land, but have sheep, goats and chickens, and 2 angora rabbits, a cat and 3 hound dogs...plus kids and a husband too. I wouldn't change a thing!! I felt very lucky to be the first one to get the "premiere" issue on it's tour!! I have all the other issues and just HAD to read that one! They are all SO wonderful. Can't wait to find the latest..havn't seen it yet.
Anyway, hello out there!! I am so glad to be here!!

bloom where you are planted!

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Tracy

12 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2004 :  11:31:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jenny!

I'm so excited to find this site too! You lucky duck, your the first on the tour?! How exciting!

Tell me what kind of goats do you have? We have a pigmy and she is the queen of the farm. I love to be around her because I can't help but laugh when I am. Some day I hope to get a milking goat to use the milk in our soaps.

Anyways, welcome, I can't wait to get to know you better!

Tracy

Nobody should have to share their water with a duck! DH
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2004 :  10:30:59 AM  Show Profile
I have an Oberhasli doe, Sasha, who is due to kid this weekend....she is my milk goat. I also have a Nigerian dwarf doe Sadie, who kidded about a month ago. She is white with black spots and her buck kid (will be made a wether tomorrow!!) he is also spotted like his mom and his name is Milhouse (kids!!) and a little angora doeling born last June who is my really spoiled baby. Her name is Pearl. I love goat's personalities too.
I make soap too!! I don't make goat milk soap all the time..but do sometimes. My sis in law does it alot. I have been making soap for about 12 years now. I sell it some, but use it mostly for gifts and our use. I should be better about selling it I guess, but that's not my favorite part for sure!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Tracy

12 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2004 :  11:12:11 AM  Show Profile
Jenny, I live it Utah too!! I was so excited to read about your new babies. Congratulations. Where did you get your Angora???? (Pearl, is a darling name ) I want one so bad it hurts. I can't find any in Utah, am I looking in the wrong places? We tried to get one out of Oregon, last Fall, but it didn't work out for us.

How cool is that, you make soap too?!! Selling isn't my favorite part either. I'm really shy when it comes to stuff like that.

This is so fun!

Tracy

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2004 :  11:11:03 PM  Show Profile
I know a gal in Lehi who has angoras. I got my little Pearl from her last year when she was 2 days old...the mother goat wouldn't take care of her, so I bottle fed her for the first few months. That is why she is so spoiled. If my friend dosn't have angoras for sale, she would know who does!!

Jenny in Utah

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Tracy

12 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2004 :  12:23:44 PM  Show Profile
Jenny,

I would love to find out more about a baby Angora. If you have any info would you mind emailing me? teanroses@netzero.net Lehi is a lot closer than Oregon.

Thanks so much!

Tracy

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2004 :  3:06:58 PM  Show Profile
Sure!! I will email Nita and ask her if she has any babies right now, or will have soon.

Jenny in Utah

Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic new farmgal here! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page