laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1704 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1704 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  6:57:04 PM  Show Profile
January is letter writing month. Handwritten of course. I know that some of us gals are doing the handwriting of letters and it is so fun and back to the old times before computers. Saw this in one of my mags that came in today. So keep in mind to write to someone in the month of January.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  7:20:45 PM  Show Profile
I don't do enough stuff to write about I live such a boring life that even If I did write they would fall asleep half way thru.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2009 :  04:29:03 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the reminder Laurie and Diana, I dont think your life could be any more boring than mine and I have an awesome penpal!!! I,m thinking of getting another if you change your mind!!! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2009 :  05:36:59 AM  Show Profile
I love writing letters! I think anything can be interesting as long as you write it correctly! The most mundane things can be seen as interesting when you put some personality behind it. Instead of thinking about your day like a book report or an itemized list, think of all the little things that made your day or experience different. I write my Grandma all the time about making bread, sewing and gardening.
Try this : Think about your life through a little ones eyes and start thinking how they would paint your day. Think about the smells, the feelings, the way things looked or sounded like and go from there. Letters are all about painting a picture to share with someone you love or are getting to know!
I wrote a letter to my brother and doodled little (poorly drawn) pictures of some of the things I was writing about. It was fun and certainly not boring! Although, you could think of weeding, seeing a mouse scamper by and putting up tomatoes as dull if you want to! It's how you choose to see them! Go write a letter and practice! It'll get easier and become lots more fun the more you do it!

Playing in the Sonshine
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/sonshine4u
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2009 :  06:20:54 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful advice April. Never thought of "letter writing" in quite that way. Thanx, Sharon

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2009 :  09:52:20 AM  Show Profile