kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  06:18:22 AM  Show Profile
The other night I was laying in bed thinking about prayer. And I was wondering if there were other people besides myself that prayed for my family. My mom and step dad are Christians but don't go to church anymore. Is anyone else praying for them? And all my grandkids. I know my mom prays for all of us, too. And my hubby, who drives a truck and is gone for 2 weeks at a time out there on the road. Are there only a few people praying for him?

I have gone to the same church for almost 30 years. But the past year have only gone a few times. I don't know what is going on with me. But I still try to maintain my friendships with several of the people there. I will eventually get back in. But right now I am ok with not going. I still pray and read the Bible.

So anyway, the next morning I e-mailed my brother who had recntly gotten saved and baptized along with his wife. I asked him if he was praying for our family, too. He called me that night. It's the wierdest thing, but he said he and his wife were just talking about this the night before! So while I was thinking about this, he and his wife were talking about it. God is amazing. So yes, he is praying for this family, too.

I just want to say how very important it is to pray for our families and friends. These days are so scary and so many things going on out there. We need to lift each other up and give encouragement whenever we can. And to let each other KNOW they are being prayed for. That is SO important. Just like Cindy. Just knowing she is being prayed for is encouragement enough.

So thank you all for all the prayers being sent up. Ya'll are such a great group of people.

And even though I may not post on every request, I do send up prayers for you.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Dec 09 2009 06:31:42 AM

piddlin sweetie
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Vickie
Kentucky
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  08:14:03 AM  Show Profile
I am another who doesnt go to church.. and should.. guess my past troubles really left a sore spot with God.. yeah i know that is wrong.. but im being truthfull.. im just now getting over my being mad.

Anyways, I still pray for others..my son prays and one includes all the children and old people.. and we both pray for ALL the TRUCKERS... so wanted you to know that somewhere ... someone is praying for your husbands.... Our prayers may not be worth much coming from us but we try....

The story behind us praying for truckers is I worked at a truck stop for several years.. and met my sons father there.. (now that is whole other story and always laugh that I should have picked the cutie with the GOLD tooth).....okay im getting off track.. but the point is there aint nothing like a trucker ..good or bad..so we include them in our prayers.. Just yesterday here in KENTUCKY there was a terrible tragic wreck involving THREE TRUCKERS..one was KILLED..my first thought was to pray for them and ALL as I wondered if he had family or was ALONE in life like so many of them are....

So THANK YOU for posting this.. as it brings me to the thought that maybe indeed the prayers that we say do help someone somewhere...and they are not as worthless as i sometimes think.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  10:51:23 AM  Show Profile
Vickie, thank you so much for sharing this. I really appreciate your prayers for truckers. They all do need to be prayed for. And I know your prayers mean alot to them. Thank you so much. It makes me feel so much better to know this.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  12:32:48 PM  Show Profile
Kris:
I simply beautiful and heartfelt post. Thanks. I'll be saying a prayer for you and yours this beautiful season of the year. Take care. Yes, God is amazing.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  2:35:12 PM  Show Profile
Kris I will be keeping your hubby and family in my prayers too! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  3:18:41 PM  Show Profile
I have always gone to my church it's been oh over 50 years. My family hardly ever went but for what ever reason I have always gone. Then I married a man and moved 30 miles away and now we go to his church 1 week and mine the other week. I feel guilty not going to my church full time and have thought about just going to his but his is cold and mine everyone knows both of us. I have always prayed for safety of all, prayed for peace, prayed for friends. I even woke up out of a sound sleep to pray for my son. I have been very blessed that God has not given me more than I could handle but I think he thinks I'm stronger than I really am. I do belive prayer works. Thats not true, I know prayer works, I will say a special prayer for you and your family tonight.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  3:54:31 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much for such nice sweet heartfelt comments. It maens so much to know there are other prayer warriors out there. I will also pray for ya'll. I know church is so important, especially for the fellowship and being around like-minded people. But lately I just feel like I am so different from the me I used to be. And I feel like I don't "fit in" anymore. It's strange and I can't quite describe how I feel but I know I feel different. I am still a Christian above all. I would never go the other way. I couldn't. Knowing all I know and all the things God has seen me and my family through all these years. There's no way I could ever turn my back on God. I might not be in His total will at all times, but I am still His child and always will be.

I just had such a strong feeling about this (prayer) that I had to say something. It's great that so many feel the same way. I feel like I know you all and I really do have a deep connection with alot of you. So thank you for understanding.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  5:22:36 PM  Show Profile
Kristin I too read Prayer round up and although I don't respond in writing I think that just reading them and thinking about them and at the time asking for God to watch is what I was needed to do. I think that there are one that I feel need to be addressed and some that I just think about.. My Dh is a Truck Driver Too and I know your in constant prayer for his saftey as I am. I go to a very small church 17 people on a good Sunday so when I am not able to get there it really shows. Some times I would love to go to a new church but just cant.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  05:14:31 AM  Show Profile
Kris, what wonderful thoughtful person you are. I know God knows your heart and he seems to be working on you. I have thought alot about you doing all your work by yourself. I don't know if I am as strong as you (physically or mentally). My husband has his CDL's and has often thought about driving a truck. I would be so scared for him out on those winter roadways.
I pray for my family each one separately. I devote a good 45 minutes each morning for scripture reading and prayer.
There is only so much I can do, I have to leave the rest to God.
Hugs!

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  08:19:03 AM  Show Profile
Diana, that is a small church. Ours used to be small and we knew everyone there. Then we built a new bigger church and there are so many people I feel overwhelmed sometimes. It's not so intimate anymore. I used to go every time the doors were opened. We had great Sunday night services. Anyway, I will keep your hubby in prayer, too. It is so dangerous out there for them. People always say bad things about truckers and most of the time it's the stupid "4- wheelers" that are the problem. We all need to be educated on how trucks work. They are big and most of the time they are slow. It's not always the truckers fault. Most are told how fast they can go. Alot of people don't know that. The trucks are calibrated to only allow the driver to go so fast. I bet mosr people don't know that. The life of a trucker is very hard. They are treated like crap most of the time out there.

Gena, thanks. You are so sweet. I am glad you pray for your family. That's the biggest point I was trying to make. That we each lift our own families up in prayer. If we don't who will? My hubby is in all kinds of weather from one day to the next. He could be out in Nebraska in 12 feet of snow and ice one day and the next be in Fla. with his ac on. He does see alot of this beautiful country, though.

Kris

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2009 :  4:57:06 PM  Show Profile
Kris-
I pray all the time. Even about "stupid" little things. I pray for people I know, and people I don't. Most of all I pray for guidance because I always feel like I am winging it.
He is awesome, faithful, and He provides-sometimes to the penny!
He does answer prayers-even if it isn't the answer you were hoping for.
I don't think He will count it against you if you don't attend church every week.
My church is pretty great,except I have a hard time getting motivated to get there in the morning.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayer Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page