Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Upper Midwest Farmgirls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Upper Midwest Farmgirls Next Topic
Page: of 2

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  12:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
I love reading all the posts everyone makes here and I always check out where people are from. Seems like I'm the only farmgal in my neck of the woods. So it got me to thinking, what if we found a central place to meet. Somewhere that the farmgirls from Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois could meet. I know of a little town in Wisconsin that has so much to offer. Viroqua is in the west central part of Wisconsin. It has been completely restored to it's old town charm. The city has put a great deal of money into restoring the old theater and there are many attractions to visit. It also has an enormous Organic farmers market. Maybe we could plan something for this summer as a big farmgirl get together, for those of us who can't make it to Maryjane's. let me know.

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  12:41:41 PM  Show Profile
It sounds like a great idea, if it's not too far north. I have to make arrangements for someone to feed the critters.
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  12:43:20 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
It is just south east of La Crosse WI. Farmers Market runs from the first of June through October.

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2006 :  10:07:13 AM  Show Profile
That sounds like fun! Maybe some of the Illinoisians can carpool together...make it a road trip!
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  1:39:13 PM  Show Profile
If it is on the weekend and not too far...Sounds like fun~
Jan
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  2:08:53 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Sounds like it would be fun. Maybe those of us in south/east wisconsin could car pool.

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  3:37:31 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
It would definately be a weekend. Maybe we could find a state park and camp. First though I think we should pick a month. June probably won't have much in the way of produce so the farmers market won't really be going. How about July or August?
Viroqua's website is www.viroqua-wisconsin.com

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  3:51:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
I love the camping Idea!!!! At this time I have the first three weeks and weekends of August open. July is a little bit busy but I could manage to shift things if we got this together in the near future.

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  4:07:44 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
OK let's shoot for the first weekend in August. This will fit my schedule well too because football won't have started and soccer will be over. So that would be AUgust 5th and 6th. Depending on the times of the market, might be good to get there Friday night. For me it is a 3 hour drive. So I would roll in around 8ish. Still enough time to put up a tent. SMores by the fire, oatmeal and coffee for breakfast then off to explore.
Let's see who all want to do this and see if the date works and then I will find out about camp sites and the like.

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  6:41:46 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello Beth,
I will pencil in the Aug date. I should be off all summer (I work for a high school) provided my hubby can get his shop reopened before the end of motorcycle season. We're building a new home and shop and he's been off work since Sept 05. It's about 4 hours for me but if all works out I can arrive earlier.

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  09:02:58 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Sounds great Betty Jo. Make sure to pass this link on to anyone in the area. The more the merrier. I know some girls from Iowa to tell about it and all the girls from Wisconsin and Illinois. There aren't many of us in Minnesota but if those who are farther north can make it to my farm, we could ride together from there.

Just a little fyi- my mother in law was born and raised in Viroqua.

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  10:10:21 AM  Show Profile
That would be good. I work a summer camp til 6 on Friday so I will either get there just in time for bed or come early on Saturday. (4 to 4 1/2 hour drive for me) I'm still willing to carpool if any Northern Illinois girls want to go.
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  12:58:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello to all, I was checking out the website and found this site for Sidie Hollow park. They have camping looks cool. I've never been there but if we are to make this a go we might want to reserve a spot or two. I like the idea of Friday night as we can then get to the market early.
http://lwcd.org/park_sidie.htm

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  1:08:58 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Excellent- and with electricity for only $12.00 a night. Perfect AND affordable. I don't think even our sweet Frannie could beat the price! This is shaping up into a awesome weekend!

blessings
beth

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Apr 03 2006 4:04:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  5:59:59 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Tried to send e-mail for reservation specifc but it came back will call in the am. Check out thw web pages it looks like a cool town.

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  10:53:01 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
ok ladies who wants in on this? should be a great time. email me or betty jo and let us knwo if the dates work for you. i'd like to have this planned soon so i can have time off if needed. plus we would welcome any ideas you have for activities. a farmgirl chapter project perhaps? mary ann, jan and nicole does this work for you? ok off to bed, gotta get up at 5:30 am and it's already almost 1.
blessings
beth

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Apr 04 2006 10:54:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  07:59:18 AM  Show Profile
Ummmmm...It would take me about 5 hours or so~~ I am wondering about the "camping out"..
Jan
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  08:29:06 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Betty Jo found a camp site. If this doesn't work we can definately look into a hotel/motel. Nothing is definate yet, just want it to be affordable for all (plus it's more we can spend at the market/antique stores!!!!)

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

hotmamawillie
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Gail
Mount Airy Maryland
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  08:43:56 AM  Show Profile
Hello Farm Lovers,
I too live in an area where no one seem interested in good old farm life. Maryland is where my farm is located. MN is getting closer for me than Idaho. Please contact me by email for I have started a MJF chapter in MD with only me. Just need to tell someone---twin lambs were born yesterday at my farm. I breed for fleece because I weave. Two males on white and the other black!! I am sooo happy!!!!
Gail Willie
gail.willie@ssfs.org
roxie812@aol.com
FarmHeartFarmCick MJF Chapter Mt. Airy, MD
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  09:32:01 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Gail! TWINS!!! how wonderful. please post some pictures, we'd love to see them. Keep checking, Ithink there are some fg's out your way. I am very glad you found us and have started a chapter. I am also the only one in mine so far...... but I am trying to recruit some. Might be fun to try and get some fellow farm neighbors interested. Plus I will hopefully meet many like minded women at the local farmers market this summer.

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

hotmamawillie
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Gail
Mount Airy Maryland
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  10:32:32 AM  Show Profile
Beth,
Thank's for your encourgagement! That's a great idea to look for other farm girl's at our county farmers market. Also, my community has a small area flyer that one can sell all types of stuff---that's a great place to put an add calling for all farm girl's. Good luck in getting your group together this summer---I'll be there in thought. Now my energy will be getting ready for the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival that will be held May 6&7th. Check out the site: www.sheepandwool.org
Truelly a fun w/e for all
Keep the FG Heart

Gail Willie
FarmHeartFarmChick Mt. Airy, MD
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  11:11:52 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
no problem gail. wish you were closer and could make it. going to maryjanes is like a pilgramige.. i hope to make it some day soon. if i had the money and time i would be at the paydirt farm school in a heart beat.

fyi miz maryjane- called a health food store that said they had backwoods food and they had not heard of you so i of course proceeded to tell them about your products and lets just say- don;t be surprised if you get a call from st croix falls , wisconsin. they like dwhat i told them about you.

blessigns
beth

Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2006 :  6:19:23 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello Upper Midwest Farmgirls,
Things in the classroom were nuts this week do to the start of spring break starting 4/8 and getting my motorcycle out of storage, changing her fluids and safety check (did it myself as hubby is way to busy). Bad move, I will Now have to do it for ever, But hubby was very surprised when he came home and found me under my motorcycle. Thanks to my grandpa I have skills and knowledge. I will call tommorow to get info on camping. Who all thinks they may be coming? I will try to post this weekend.

Go to Top of Page

ocoochgirl
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Kim
Soldiers Grove Wisconsin
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  7:00:17 PM  Show Profile
Sidie Hollow is a nice place, there's a little lake and it's only a few miles out of town. Viroqua has alot of cool shops ladies! We just opened a big new food co-op and natural foods deli. Hope I can meet up with you in August. Kim
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  06:54:50 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello Ladies,
Sorry for the delaying posting. Here the deal. There is two parks for camping with in the area.

On is Esofea http://lwcd.org/park_esofea_photos.htm
The other is Sidie Park http://lwcd.org/park_sidie_photos.htm

Depending on if we want electric and water or not. The cost, $10.00 per tent But they would give us a break by charging the 1st one full price and the others 1/2 price. My tents are a singles or one that can be a double. I have cook stoves, camping gear and big coffee pot. (Been camping since I was little.) If everyone brought their own dishes and beverages, we could do a pot luck table for goodies, snacks and breakfasts. We could also do a cookout Saturday evening of some sort.

Please let me know what you think. We could also look into hotels in the area if the group feels more comfortable. E-mail Beth or I and let us know if we should look into this further.

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  08:03:31 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
I think we should probably have electricity and water. I love to camp but not real big on roughing it. Sounds like dinner should be a giant bakeover?! with the farm fresh produce. thanks for checking out the camp grounds. The rpice is right. I want as much money as possible for the market and shoppes! I will put together an e-nouncement and send it to anyone I see that is close. The more the merrier!

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Upper Midwest Farmgirls Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page