Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Upper Midwest Farmgirls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Upper Midwest Farmgirls Next Topic
Page: of 2

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  09:29:33 AM  Show Profile
1/2 price tents sound great! I have a tent that could fit 3 comfortably and I could borrow my boyfriend's that has 3 rooms I think (one of those fancy big ones). I am up for either type of camping. Electricity doesn't matter to me. I'm up for whatever everyone else prefers.

Edited by - NicoleG on Apr 10 2006 09:30:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2006 :  06:20:50 AM  Show Profile
Hey Gals, count me in! I live 3 hours from Viroqua in Beaver Dam, it'll be a bit of a drive but nothing I can't handle! Thanks Betty Jo for sending me the link

Molly
http://mollymaequilts.tripod.com
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2006 :  06:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello Molly,
Great to have you join us. It will be about 4+ hours for me but maybe we can get a caravan going from this side of the state. It is a beautiful ride. I'm very familar with Beaver Dam, X-husband use to have a business there.
Molly makes 3 who else thinks they can join us. Anyone from outside the UMW area please feel free to join us if you can. We will stay at Sidie Park unless other ideas come in. This hopefully 1st annual get together of the Upper Midwest Farmgirls (UMWFG) will happen Aug 4-6. A Great Big Thank You to Beth for this wonderful idea. THANK YOU BETH!!!!

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2006 :  09:25:28 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Ok Ladies from Ioa and Minnesota time to hop on board on this one! It should be a blast. We welcome anyone who wants to come plus stay as long or as short as your schedule allow. We areopen to any ideas you have for food/activites/campsites etc. Nothing is set except the date I think which is AUGUST 4,5,6 Friday - Sat/Sun The market is on Saturday so be ready to shop early. Don't forget you will need trunk space for the ride home. Plus I think we should get a memory book to write in, put pictures in and maybe each bring something from where we are each from.

Love the title Bett Jo-
2006 FIRST ANNUAL UPPER MIDWEST FARMGURL GET TOGETHER!!!!

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights
Go to Top of Page

Barbs Farm
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Barb
Mondovi wisconsin
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2006 :  08:37:06 AM  Show Profile
Spring Greetings to the Upper Midwest Farm Girls!

I have been reading your posts and am happy to see so much enthusiasm for the farm way of life.

I live in rural Wisconsin about 2 hours from Viroqua. I would love to be able to attend the gathering in August. I'll have to see what goes on here....planning ahead never seems to work for me.....my business obligations, my husband is a pastor, my daughter is in college, I have sheep, goats, a llama and cats...as you can see, if I think I am in control around here I am sorely delusional!

I did want to let you all know about a place about an hour's drive north of Viroqua. It is called The Fiber Garden. Deb Jones is the owner and she has a shop, class room area, sheep and llamas. It really is a quaint little place. You can check her out at www.fibergarden.com. I don't know if any of you spin, weave, knit, crochet, felt, etc. but if you do it is fun to see this place. Just a little info for you.

I have to go and get my "herd" in from their grazing area before the rains hit.

Make it a great Spring Earth Day Day!
Blessings,

Barb
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2006 :  09:30:29 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Barb! We would love to see you this summer. I hear you on the hectic scedule, i am a mother of 4, 2 of which are teenagers. I am just starting a farm business and finding it more work than anticipated. But I love it!
Great link to the Fiber Farm. Looks like a wonderful place.
Keep watching this link as the date aproaches for more info. Or if you have any questions- email me.

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2006 :  1:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello Ladies,
Busy times are upon me. Oldests son's Army graduation 2 weeks ago, Model UN this weekend in Cedar Falls Iowa, Daugthers college Graduation and party along with B-days and Mothers Day in May, 2 sons coming home on leave and another one graduating from high school and above all moving into our new house YEAH!!!!!! 6 months over due but better late then never. To add to it hopefully a new job and opening my small and modest craft studio. I want to know how many spots to reserve for our weekend. I would like to do this by Friday of this week. Please e-mail me if you think you can come. I can always cancel some spots closer to the time if you can not make it but would rather have enough than not. The Fiber Garden looks like it would be a cool place to vist also. Don't worry if you do not have camping equipment as I'm sure we can get what you need to make it a Grand Adventure. Looking forward to August Adventure!!!!!! E-mail Please!!!

Go to Top of Page

Barbs Farm
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Barb
Mondovi wisconsin
USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 05 2006 :  06:53:45 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies

Rain here today. Good for greening up the world...the lilacs are spectacular this year. I will soon be "swooning" from the fragrance of our huge, ancient lilac hedge. This time of year is so magical.

I hope it isn't too late to have you put me down for a camping spot in August. As I said before I seem to always get into some sort of situation when I "reserve" time for me....but I will try to live dangerously this time and see if I can actually make it to the gathering.

I'm in the midst of making granola and a new batch sour dough starter this morning. Then, out to build compost pile #2 in the rain. I got some lovely grass clippings from the neighbor last night. They have a bagger, we don't. The pile will be "cooking" now.

I hope to see you all in August.

Blessings and Peace,

Barb

"Oh, heart, sit with someone who knows the heart. Go under the tree which has fresh blossoms".~ Rumi
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1796 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1796 Posts

Posted - May 11 2006 :  1:44:06 PM  Show Profile
I am from close to Cedar Rapids, Ia. We come up to Prairie du Chein often to shop and camp in West Union, IA. This looks like it is close to Gays Mills? I have been there. How far from Prairie du Chien would you guess? Which weekend is it in August? It would be fun to just come up for the day to meet everyone.
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - May 11 2006 :  3:22:32 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Marlene, I have your address so I will send you info on this, we are still putting it together. Saturday the 5th of August is the farmers market we want to go to. Love to see you there. I;ll get something together and send it with the pen pal stuff.

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2006 :  5:13:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello,
I am sorry to say that I will not be able to make the August weekend. I landed a new job which really came out of the blue and very unplanned for, but an excellent career move. This along with moving our business and household there is just no way I can get away.
I am so sorry. Have a GREAT TIME!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Barbs Farm
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Barb
Mondovi wisconsin
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  4:13:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,

I hope you are all staying as cool as possible in this terrible heat! We don't have air conditioning (I grew up on a farm in the '50's and 60's....who needs air!! (HA!) so it has been really uncomfortable lately. As Jane Austin once said..I loosely translate "This heat keeps me in a constant state of inelegance!".
I won't be able to make it for the gathering coming up. I asked for some updates to be done on the parsonage (my husband is an ELCA pastor and the parsonage has been our home for the past 15 years). Normally things take a long time to happen in the church but we have this female church council president and she took off like a shot with my requests. That was really great but now we have a complete and total chaotic mess around here. Two bedrooms, upstairs hallway, stairs and kitchen are all affected so we have stuff all over the place. The cupboard doors and drawers are in the garage, the "kitchen" is in my husband's home office. My daughter's bedroom and my loom room are holding everything else. The cats are confused, the place is just plain messy and I hate living in disorganization so this is driving me a little loopy. Mantra: things will get better, things will get better, repeat, repeat, repeat. So needless to say I just can't leave this mess for next weekend's camp out. I hope you have a really good time and I hope it cools off a little.
Blessings...Barb

"Oh, heart, sit with someone who knows the heart. Go under the tree which has fresh blossoms".~ Rumi
Go to Top of Page

jorlex
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Jennifer
Northwestern IL
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  6:21:11 PM  Show Profile
I wish I had found this forum sooner! I would have tried to make this event! However I already promised Six Flaggs to my girls and I"m committed to that now! Are you all still planning this for first weekend of August? Have a great time!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Upper Midwest Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page