goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  8:17:10 PM  Show Profile
Yup, that's what hubby told me today. I've been getting more and more stressed about some things in our lives, plus I don't take change like I used to, and have been very worried. So, I told hubby, he knew something was wrong anyway. We had a pretty good talk, very supportive of my fears and he came up with the perfect line...'We're a team.'

Ain't that grand???

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

I have some other blogs in the works...please stay tuned and I'll let you know where to go! :-)

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  9:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That's great Winona!!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  07:49:01 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
My husband likes to say, "we can hang together or we can hang seperate". Not quit as romatic as "we are a team", but then again.. no one has ever accused him of being romatic... LOL Smart hubby Winona.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com
www.renesnaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  08:30:30 AM  Show Profile
Ah, Winona. You got a real winner!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  09:50:39 AM  Show Profile
Thank goodness for supportive hubbies. Way to go, Winona's hubby!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  10:08:25 AM  Show Profile
that's a wonderful hubby Winona

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  10:39:08 AM  Show Profile
You have a good one there, Tell him to keep up the good work. I believe the more you praise a man the more he will do for you, Problem is most women complain about their men. So good for you to aknowledge him.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  10:29:44 PM  Show Profile
Winona - I just came across your post here, and I love it. I know it's been almost a year since it's been an active conversation, but it really made me smile and I wanted to share with you. When things have seemed pretty bleak in the past for us (as marriages sometimes do), and it felt like we were just going through the motions instead of feeling the warm fuzzies, I would talk about my fears with my husband. It seemed he'd be half-listening, which upset me all the more, and then all of a sudden, he'd just sigh, take my hand, giving it a little squeeze, and say, "We'll get through this." He has never been much of a conversationalist, especially when it comes to discussing anything deep; and having him say something that at the time felt so trite, has now become a source of great comfort to me. He loves me, and I can count on him, always. I can know and trust with full confidence, "We'll get through this." I love what your husband says, too - "We're a team." What a great thing to say! Our men - 'gotta love 'em! :) - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  10:13:15 AM  Show Profile
That's great Winona, so many times in our marriages we forget we are a team. Thanks for sharing.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic "We're a team." Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page