Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Christian Fiction Book Club!! Last page updated!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Christian Fiction Book Club!! Last page updated! Next Topic
Page: of 6

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  5:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
ok, give me a few more days.. and then I will post questions. But please go ahead and start reading the 3rd book so we stay on track.
Hugs,,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  07:02:19 AM  Show Profile
I'm not done with book 2 yet. Life gets in the way. I hope to be able to finish it this week. I do love these books but don't think I can keep up with you girls.

~Farmgirl Sister #986~

http://lateinlifemommy.blogspot.com/
http://www.youravon.com/kristenparkinson
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  07:30:13 AM  Show Profile
Krissy, I am just barely into the third book. I have a lot to do this week , so I will probably not even finish it until the middle of the month. I think there may others that can only do one book a month. We may need to slow down. Channah, what do you think? I have noticed there are only a few of us posting, so that's why I am wondering if two books a month might be too much.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  5:15:37 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
ok everyone who thinks we should do one book a month e-mail me or post here.
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

lulu bell
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Karen
Ashland NE
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  06:13:39 AM  Show Profile
I read at night instead of watching TV and when I really like a book I have to read it till I know the ending but I will discuss them when ever everyone is ready. I read other books in between, I just really enjoyed these books.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  6:30:30 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Ladies, just try the best you can. Read as many as you can. It's ok if you can't. How many of you can get books on tape or CD?? You can listen to them.
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  09:01:23 AM  Show Profile
I will stay in the group and just read as I can. My problem is that my mother-in-law gave me books to read after my surgery last month and I haven't even had a chance to do that! LOL Guess I need to reprioritize is all. TV ain't so important.

~Farmgirl Sister #986~

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  09:25:45 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
It's ok ladies if you want to read one book a month. I really want this to be fun and not stressful.
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  09:41:04 AM  Show Profile
And I *LOVE* the story of the Fisher family, ohmygoodness!!! It is soooo good!!!!! Can't wait to see what happens to Rhoda - her story is quite interesting to me. I am halfway through book 2.

~Farmgirl Sister #986~

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  7:38:32 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Me too Kristen.
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

Waynette
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Waynette
Sunbright Tennessee
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  7:58:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies

I just came across your book club. Is it too late to join? I have already read the first three book series you are discussing now.

Thanks, Waynette
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  3:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Waynette, Sure you can join in the fun!!! Sign up ended a long time ago but I think I will just leave it open.
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  6:31:29 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Ladies, I have neglected you all shamelessly. I just got so busy this past week. If it's all right with everyone I would like to talk about the second book On Monday and maybe start talking a little bit about the 3rd book on Monday also. I just don't want to get behind. Sound ok? Again I am so sorry...
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  05:01:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh sweetie! Life sure gets in the way of the fun, doesn't it?? I'll be back on Monday!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2010 :  6:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Ladies, I will type up and post tomorrow. I can't wait to discuss!!! Thank you all for being patient!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  9:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Ok, here are a few things to get us started..... This is for the 2 book. Will start talking about the 3rd in a few days.

1. So if you were in Nellie's shoes and you had to choose which side you would follow what would you choose? Would you obey your parents and follow them or would you follow your soon to be husband? I really have no idea what I would do. I have to think about that one.....

2. What do you think about Rhonda and her story??

3. I was thinking about Rosanna and I feel so sorry for her. Gosh, it would be so hard not to be able to have kids. And I think it was very wrong for Katie to just steal Eli without telling her. She should have talked it out with her. and to me once you give a gift no matter what it is you do not take it back... In the first place Katie should not have given up her babies.. What do you all think?? My heart goes out to Rosanna...

4. I know this is random but I like the word heebie-jeebies. :) :) Do you? I think its so funny!!

Can't wait to here what you all think!!!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  11:04:10 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Well Channah, I would have to agree with what you are saying 100%!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  4:17:46 PM  Show Profile
Hey I use the heebie jeebies all the time

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  5:06:15 PM  Show Profile
Question #1:

I would have to follow Jesus at that point. I think I remember the first part of the book. Didn't Nellie know Christ as her saviour in the beginning of the book? Now, I know that at that young age it would be hard to break off the relationship with your "true love", but Nellie is wise beyond her years and knows that she cannot be unequally yoked. Not following parents or family seems to be more common that I had ever imagined in the Amish culture. It has been very eye opening for me to learn more about it.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  12:21:47 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Rae, lol! :) :)

Sharlet, very true!

Ladies, let me know when we are ready to talk about the 3rd book!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  09:20:20 AM  Show Profile
1. If I were in Nellie's shoes, it would certainly be hard to make decisions! She wanted to do what she felt in her heart, yet she loved Caleb and her parents and they all believed different things. She did make the decision to follow Jesus, however, and joining the new church was apparently the way she would go. I would be so torn if I were her! I am a Christian, but I felt for her as she had to decide what to do.

2. Rhoda's story is great! I love it! I really am curious as to the outcome of her trying to be fancy and the dinner party at the end of the book - oh my!! I find it interesting that when she works for the Kraybill's, she still wears Amish clothes but she wants so much to NOT be Amish... why wear the garb? I thought that was odd.

3. Rosanna's story - It was very hard for me to read that Kate took Eli away from Rosanna. Kate was the one who offered the babies! She had no right to take them back. Now, let me say that I have children but I have never had the gift of giving birth. I know what it is like to have someone else's children that you are trying to raise and the possibility that they could be taken away - HORRIBLE! I never want to go through that again. However, the courts worked in our favor and we were able to adopt. I think, even though the characters were Amish, that they should have thought about contacting someone about raising another's children. You don't just give your kids away. I realize that the Amish are different than us and don't do things our way, but I just found it hard to believe that they thought it was ok to just go and do. Anyway, I think Rosanna should have put her foot down a long time ago about the daily feedings from Kate to Eli. Rosanna needed to be more confident in herself and not let people push her around, even a relative like Kate.

4. Heebie-jeebies IS a fun word! I like it also!

~Farmgirl Sister #986~

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  1:39:37 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I love your comments Kristen!!! Would anyone else like to add before we move on to the next book?
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

lulu bell
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Karen
Ashland NE
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2010 :  11:10:31 AM  Show Profile
I'm ready to add the next book because I think I have all three of them combined as one story, that's what I get for reading ahead and I have started the 4th book but probably won't finish until tomorrow night.
Channah these books are awesome, I have been passing them around to my friends and nobody wants to put them down. Thank you. Karen
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2010 :  5:06:08 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh, thank you Karen!! I really don't have much to add to the 3rd book. Although I really liked Chris! lol I thought he and Nellie would make a cute couple, but I am glad that she married Caleb. :)It was a wonderful series and I am glad I read it again!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

lulu bell
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Karen
Ashland NE
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  12:34:54 PM  Show Profile
I agree I thought Chris was a true gentleman in every sense of the word, I am glad everyone was able to find God, actually my favorite character was Suzy to think that when you die you could have such a positive impact on so many people would be awesome!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Reading Room: Previous Topic Christian Fiction Book Club!! Last page updated! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page