Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  9:26:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am filled with this wonderful feeling of joy and optimism! I hope this holiday season is shining as brightly for you as it is for me! So many reasons to feel joy, and I am excited and grateful for each and everyone of them!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2009 :  07:55:21 AM  Show Profile
Alee, I have not felt like "doing" Christmas for the past 5 years. But for some strange reason, I am feeling it now. I have been decorating for the last few days. I like real natural greenery and berries. I went to Mrs. T's. yesterday and raided her yard. I did the 2 big front windows and the side window by the kitchen with green boughs and berries. It looks so pretty. And I am making gifts, too. I always wait til the last minute then come up with all kinds of ideas. I've made carpet freshener, thanks to Kimberly. I made hand soap yesterday. I'm making soap today.

So I am very thankful to finally be feeling good again! I actually want a tree and lights and the whole deal. So I think your good joy and optimism has spread all the way to Georgia. Thanks!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2009 :  08:05:33 AM  Show Profile
Having a real Christmas tree has been a big thing for us over the years. This year though, we delegated the job of tree shopping to our son and his dear girlfriend. It was so much fun to see their excitement and then watch them work together decorating the tree. Her family didn't celebrate Christmas so its all new and exciting to her. They are working on building a life together and it brings a lot of joy to DH and I.

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.....
But you can be happy if you've a mind to. All you've gotta do in knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2009 :  09:03:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It is snowing outside very quickly with big fat flakes! If this keeps up we will have a White Christmas for sure!

There is a section of town up here that goes all out with Christmas lights. I will try to get pictures one night once there is as good layer of snow on the ground (So pretty with snow to twinkle off of!)

I am very grateful for all the good things in my life- especially the farmgirls! And strangly enough, I am also grateful for the trials that make this wonderful time so much sweeter!

Kris- I am so happy for you that this season has been feeling better for you! I think I am the same way, actually. For the past couple of years the holidays have not been fun or exciting because I was sad and lonely missing my family. Now I have family as close as 50 minutes away and I couldn't be happier!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Optimism Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page