Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Signature/Friendship Quilt Block Exchange -Closed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Signature/Friendship Quilt Block Exchange -Closed Next Topic
Page: of 9

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  6:11:28 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Hello everyone!

I am hosting a Signature/Friendship Quilt Block Exchange. If you are interested please join us. The quilt block example can be seen on this website: www.quilterscache.com/S/SignatureBlock.html

Rules:

1. Block size to be sent in will be 6 1/2".

2. The center piece of the block will be white or white on white only. The rest of the block can be what ever you like.

3. Print your name, city, and state on the white portion of the block. It must be in black permanent marker or embroidered in black.

4. All blocks will be sent to me along with a self-addressed stamped envelope for your receiving blocks.

5. No embellishments.

I am hoping that everyone that joins can make the number of blocks that everyone requires. But, if you send in only 1 block you will only get 1 block back.

I will be taking sign-ups through January 1. Send-in date would be February 15. I will email everyone with my name and address as the send-in time nears. I will not be posting the names that will be joining. That will be a mystery until you receive your blocks.

Good Luck Ladies!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran

Edited by - ClaireSky on Apr 05 2010 2:21:33 PM

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  7:14:45 PM  Show Profile
How about making a larger block if you made 4 12inch you could aleast put them together and have a wall hanging quilt. Or one Quilt block to put with other quilt blocks to donate to a resident home.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

Edited by - gramadinah on Dec 01 2009 7:16:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  12:57:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi Julie
Sign me up please.
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

coffeemom
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Melody
Carlinville IL
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  08:46:34 AM  Show Profile
Hey Claire!
Sign me up!
Melody
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  10:19:43 AM  Show Profile
Julie

Please add me I so wanna play siggy blocks. Loving this swap

http://cinnamongirlsthreads.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  12:42:23 PM  Show Profile
I would like to do this too, but you will probably need to move this/start a new topic in the barter section as its been requested that all swaps and exchanges be put under that forum.
Just sayin'

Merry
Farmgirl #536

http://iowafoodcoop.blogspot.com

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

Don't pray for a lighter load, pray for a stronger back.
Go to Top of Page

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  12:43:40 PM  Show Profile
I would like to do this too, but you will probably need to move this/start a new topic in the barter section as its been requested that all swaps and exchanges be put under that forum.
Just sayin'

Merry
Farmgirl #536

http://iowafoodcoop.blogspot.com

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

Don't pray for a lighter load, pray for a stronger back.
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  1:15:02 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Merry for the heads up. It is posted under the barter sections now.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  2:11:00 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I will send everyone my name and address as the send-in date nears.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  7:55:03 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
So far we have a total of 10 people signed up.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Go to Top of Page

kmc
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

kai
iowa
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  9:32:48 PM  Show Profile
I got here Yahooooo!!!!! I love the block!
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  06:55:15 AM  Show Profile
Me, too, Julie. I looked at the block and it looks like a good one to use that I can go in my stash and use up some of my scraps. Does anyone else plan to make more than one block? I'd like to have enough to at least make a wall-hanging or table runner. Thanks for doing this.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  08:43:36 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
So far everyone has signed up to do just one block. As of right now we have a total of 11 people. I am taking sign-ups until January 1st. There may be more people who would like to join.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  08:53:27 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Jonnie... that was part of my intention in picking this block was to use up some of my scraps. lol

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Go to Top of Page

ZenGoddess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Cindy
MO
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  08:55:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi ClaireSky
thanks for the e-mail alert, please sign me up !

Hugs,
ZenGoddess/Southernplum
My life goal is to Simply - Simplify my life.
http://herbalcottage.blogspot.com
http://herbalcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  09:50:20 AM  Show Profile
I am in for 1 block per person that signs up that is how I assumed the swap went. If it should get crazy you can have more then one set ie groups of 12. It is an easy block to complete and plenty of time to do it in.
Since it is due in Feb. I think I will use spring colors to cheer me up.

Go to Top of Page

kmc
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

kai
iowa
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  10:17:29 AM  Show Profile
I will be doing more than one block not sure yet how many but I want enough for a wall hanging. Ya digging into the stash for sure!!!!
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  10:26:00 AM  Show Profile
Sounds good to me, Carrie! One block per person is good. I've never done a block swap before, only round robins.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  11:20:54 AM  Show Profile
Jonnie I haven't done a round robin before so I don't know how that works. Usually for block swaps the people are listed and you make 1 block per person and if there is to many people you can break it into groups of 6 or 12 and sign up for as many groups as want. The more blocks the better is my thought. Seems we have a lot more quilters on this forum then 2 years ago which is great.

Julie I know you are the swap mama but I am not sure how it is going to work if everyone is doing different amounts of blocks. Just trying to save you from being confused later. Hopefully you can clear up my confusion. Lol I guess I wasn't clear on this swap I still want in though.

Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  12:03:07 PM  Show Profile
Round robins can be blocks, strips, borders or other pieces parts of a quilt are are probably better done in face-to-face groups than in an online forum. I've done blocks, strips and borders. What usually happens is that the originator makes her bit, then passes it to the next person who adds her bit and then it goes around until everyone in the group has added a bit. The originator gets to say what colors, patterns, sizes, etc. if she cares, but she doesn't get to see hers again until all the bits are complete. I have a beautiful oriental piece that I never would have made myself which was created by block and a really fun Halloween border round robin.

If I haven't explained clearly, let me know and I'll go at it again :-)

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  3:05:49 PM  Show Profile
I like any reason to put together blocks and a quilt. Please sign me up,I will do one for everyone on the list.
Thanks

Art cleans the dust of everyday life from the soul. Picasso
Go to Top of Page

Futters
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Michelle & Ashley
CA
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  3:43:04 PM  Show Profile
Count me in. I will make one block for each friend. I just did this with civil war fabrics. I will post a pic of the ones I sent when I get home. The deadline was at the end of November, so I have not received my blocks from other ladies yet. Can't wait though.

Here is the signature block swap I joined using civil war fabric. We made small 3" blocks. A bit small for me, but there were 70 ladies who signed up.

Have a good day!

Michelle
Farmgirl #760

Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
http://thetatteredquiltcottage.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Futters on Dec 04 2009 05:32:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  4:37:51 PM  Show Profile
I want in and will do one for each person signed up. Thanks bev

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  03:11:12 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Hello Ladies,

I thought long and hard on the subject of groups. I choose not to have groups. For me, it is more confusing when someone signs up for more than one group. I also didn't want people to feel any pressure on making a set amount of blocks. I want this swap to be fun. I do realize that some people will get some of their blocks back due to not all people will make all the blocks. With or without groups that could still happen. All that said, I am hoping that everyone can make the number of blocks per sign-ups. Right now we have 16 signups. Yeah! Ladies, let's make this Fun.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Edited by - ClaireSky on Dec 04 2009 8:01:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  09:21:48 AM  Show Profile
boy those were tiny blocks!!! they are cute though..70 people that would be cool if we could get a really good number. not quite that many though!!! hehehehehe

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  7:31:06 PM  Show Profile
Julie~I would like to do one block for each person signed up
Thanks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Signature/Friendship Quilt Block Exchange -Closed Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page