AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  9:53:53 PM  Show Profile
I'm a very young 46 year old but unfortunately have been suffering arthritis in both my hips for quiet some years. Some of it is hereditary. My grandmother had severe arthritis in her lower back & hips. Some of it comes from joint damage suffered during a pregnancy. Other pain comes from a car accident 10 years ago that left me with scar tissue and a 13% disability in my left hip.

Being an Critical Care RN is my profession. I'm well aware of the side effects & peripheral damage arthritic drugs can cause. So far Other than Naproxen I've been able to avoid these medicines. I'm looking for more natural remedies. I've done quiet a bit of Google research .......but what I really need is some first hand advice.

Anyone found what works for them?

Thanks so much!
Autumn Spices [Andrea]

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says,"Oh No, She's Awake!"

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  04:21:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi Andrea!
Welcome to MJF!
I too suffer from sone early arthritis. I've had one knee surgery so far and trying to avoid another. Mostly mine is from abusing my knees when younger.
This past visit(well in the spring) to the ortho. he sent me for physical therapy hoping that it would help if I built up my hip muscles. It did a bit. And my pt gave me exercises to do all the time, not just when there. The Dr. also told me never to kneel on the hard ground, without some padding under my knees, that helps also.
He also told me to start taking plain old Know gelatin every day. Scientists really do think that it helps to at least slow the rate of deterioration. Have you heard it or tried it? I think it is worth trying, but no, I haven't yet, because the pt has worked so far. I know I should be starting it now, so maybe I will, but I thought I would pass that on to you! ;)

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

If you rest, you rust. Helen Hayes

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Arthritis Of The Hips Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page