lelasfriend
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

sara
baltimore MD
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  5:50:12 PM  Show Profile
has anyone done LDA therapy (low dose allergen therapy)? I decided to start yesterday. I am hoping it will keep me out of the hospital and my asthma more under control as well as delay increased auto immune symptoms. But man the shot was painful and my arm swelled up and became heavy and painful and then I got dizzy and had an asthma attack. I get my second treatment in 7 weeks and wonder what to expect next time and if anyone has had success with this therapy. I know not many doctors do it. Any input would be helpful. Sara

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  12:55:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sara, sorry I just now saw your post. I think it's not unusual for you to have that kind of reaction early in treatment. I have a friend that had good improvement with the shots. Hope you are soon feeling better. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

lelasfriend
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

sara
baltimore MD
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  2:37:35 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for your encouragement. Unfortunately I spent Sunday night in the ER with another asthma attack and my Primary care doctor saw me Monday. I go back Friday and if there is not significant improvement in my breathing she wants me admitted to the hospital. Yuck. Anyway I do not know how I can manage the farm when I am not feeling well. Now that the weather is changing the chores get greater. I am trying to do the minimum as far as the critters go, feeding etc. But I need to do some winterizing too - heaters to hook up to water buckets etc. So I just got to get better fast. Thanks again, Sara
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic LDA therapy Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page