Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Chocolate Lab needs new home (NEVER MIND)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Chocolate Lab needs new home (NEVER MIND) Next Topic  

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  4:14:13 PM  Show Profile
I think I will need to give my Lab away, we just don't have time for her, She is full blooded, 1 1/2yrs old, great with kids, she has been spayed and is up to date on her shots, anyone interested??? I can deliver if less than 1 hour away.
Kelly

Edited by - KellyWall on Dec 01 2009 05:05:54 AM

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  5:09:05 PM  Show Profile
What a shame, thats so tramatic on everyone , especialy the dog. Make sure you interveiw and inspect the new home to weed out the creeps, good luck.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  5:12:52 PM  Show Profile
Kelly, are you directing this question to me by any chance??? I have thought about getting Bubba a friend, but I have my 2 older dogs and they wouldn't stand a chance with those 2 wild dogs around. Besides, Bubba would probably try to kill her first thing. I hope you can find a good home for her. Labs do need lots of attention. Good luck.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

MommaJ9
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Kimberly
Longview Washington
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  2:39:24 PM  Show Profile
Too bad I'm up in Washington...I'da taken her in a heartbeat! We have a 6 month old chocolate lab/husky...she's a handful, but we adore her. She was supposed to be an outdoor guard the chickens dog, but hubby got attached to her sleeping next to the recliner. Now she's a princess...ahhh...the life! Good luck to you!

Farmgirl #783
http://jabezfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  3:01:11 PM  Show Profile
..is there a Lab Rescue near or around you? or Fosters?

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766
(29 Sept 2009)
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  4:31:48 PM  Show Profile
Im just north of dalton. Weve been down here less than two years and have already been saddled with 2 more cats and two more dogs from irresponsible people (unlike you Kelly) who just dump them off. If we werent so swamped under with extra mouths I would have gladly taken her. The homeless animal situation in our area is like nothing Ive ever seen anywhere else Ive ever lived. Its really a problem.

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  8:45:34 PM  Show Profile
Well, I am in Texas and do not need another dog but just wanted to share about my lab puppies. Some person (I use that term charitably) dropped two puppies on the side of our county road. It was January and they were so small- you know that size where they crawl around on their belly? Well the male had crawled to the middle of the road and there he was when my brother topped the hill. My brother thought he had run over the puppy he had not but he thought it was dead it was so cold. He put it under his coat and the little guy started to wiggle. So, he brought it up to me...because I know how to bottle raise things. On my way to get formula I stopped in the area where he was found and there was another in a pile of leaves. The second was a girl. I bottle raised them and they are here to stay. That makes them just under a year old and it is frustrating having two spirited dogs around but I will not give them up.

You know, when they were little and I had their bottle ready with one puppy in my lap and I would dribble a bit on my inner arm to see if it was cool enough. Usually it was still to warm but the puppy would suck on my arm where the milk was. Then the bottle would be fed. But I got hickeys on my arm from them sucking on it. Well now fast forward to two big dogs come running up to me for kind words and some attention. Then they will root around til they get my arm where they want it and then they start sucking on my arm, get both big feet up there and knead on my arm. I have never bottle raised puppies before and these are going nowhere. They are my kids and we all know it. I hope you find a good home for yours. But also if you will just ride out your teenage dogs trying time I am sure he will be a good dog.
LaVonna

Farmgirl Sister #758
www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com
http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
http://healthtalkcafe.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  05:55:24 AM  Show Profile
What a great story, Lavonna. I bet they are a handful. I have a Yellow Lab. He's almost 3. He's kinda sorta settling down some. Someone told me Labs are wild for the first 4 years then they tend to get a little laid back. I/m still waiting. He still jumps. And he hates other dogs. And has to pee on every single tire of anyone who comes here. He was neautered at almost a year old. I love that dog.

Kelly, have you tried calling Luther in the morning? He has his little show on WDEF where he announces lost and found things. Mostly animals and mostly Labs. Chocolate and Black. He'd be a good one to call. Lots of people listen to him.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  05:04:54 AM  Show Profile
Great news!! We decided to keep the Lab! I really couldn't give her away, what farmgirl doesn't have a pesky dog?? Besides her coat is shiny from eating those eggs, and she is healthy! So after much thought and prayer we decided it would be traumatic for the kids to give up on her. I do love her. I think this bad behavior is for attention, our Yorkie passed away a few weeks ago and that is when she became so bothersome. She misses her. Anyway thank you all for the words of encouragement, We will just grin and ber it!
Kelly Wall
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  05:20:53 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful story Lavonna. Kelly, you won't regret keeping the dog, he's part of the family! Good luck! I have a Siberian husky, almost4, and I am sure any minute now she will settle down. Take good care, Carol

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  07:31:03 AM  Show Profile
I am saying I am not giving mine up but I may have to get a buzz collar or something like that to get their attention when they misbehave. My chickens would probably be dead if they could get to them. Not so much from killing intent but just not being able to take the play. I have a goose that is teaching them about respect. I think I may get a few more geese to help the one out. My chickens are penned up in a chicken tractor and I figure the dogs will wart the possum or skunk that trys to get the chickens. Hope so anyway.

Farmgirl Sister #758
www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com
http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
http://healthtalkcafe.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  07:33:37 AM  Show Profile
Kelly--glad to hear that you've had a change of heart. It wouldn't just be tramatic on the kids, you'd miss her too, I'd wager.

Carol..."I have a Siberian husky, almost4, and I am sure any minute now she will settle down.." Don't count on it! My siberian, Lily, who I adored with every inch of my being, was still crated when we left the house, even at 10 years old. That dog created mischief wherever she was! Loved that stinker, though!!!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/

Edited by - FebruaryViolet on Dec 01 2009 07:33:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  10:33:18 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for that encouragement Jonni! I know she is who she is, and the sweetest dog, but what a runner. Any chance she gets she is gone. She can roll over, shake, do tons of tricks but just hasn't learned her name! The peolpe we got her from let her sleep with them, and she has never forgot what a princess she is. The best thing, every night at 8:30, she is ready for bed, and starts pacing til some one puts her to bed. She is funny, but what a handful.

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  10:44:46 AM  Show Profile
Carol, she sounds a lot like my Lil--my neighborhood (and my mother's, for that matter) has seen me in every stage of dress going (pj's, slippers, suit skirt/blazer no heels, or just a robe with a towel on my head) sprinting up the street and through yards after her. Like lighting, she was! When I would finally catch up to her, I would be so tired, so out of breath, but I would still manage to grab her tight by the collar and scold her through my teeth while dragging her bottom all the way back home.

They aren't called the "jester dogs" for nothing! She passed at 14, and I still mourn her. She was soooo full of "it" as my gran would say about her. When our 4 dogs go, I think I'll get another husky, for sure :)

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  12:12:48 PM  Show Profile
You are braver than me, Jonni, I keep saying i will never get another Husky. I've never heard of them being called jester dogs, but the name sure fits! Carol

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  2:40:21 PM  Show Profile
...that is totally pawsom news!!!

:o)

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766
(29 Sept 2009)
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  12:25:53 AM  Show Profile
YAY Kelly, glad you all decided on keeping her. I have been in the same boat with my EElvis when I first got him. I was in the middle of a depression and it was too soon for me to have a kitty cat. He was SO wild, didn';t listen and drove me crazy and up the wall to say it mildly ;( My friend A asked whether she should keep him for a few weeks and then get him back to me. That was so sweet but I toughed it out. And I was glad looking back. Oke he ran away, still miss the silly bugger.

Now with Pinky it was the same but not as bad. But I kept going and now I am so happy with her :) She is cute, sweet and ofcourse naughty as can be, lol She is now a little over 7 months old and just adorable (for the most part duh)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  08:32:19 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear you are keeping your Lab. We have one that we got from a rescue about 7 years ago. He had been returned to the rescue twice already because he jumped out of the fence and tore up things. We had some issues with him at first then we got a border collie. She keeps him in line and has much more energy that he has. When we went to the shelter to get her they thought we were returning Robbie again. He is now an old couch potato. We are still waiting for her to settle down.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Chocolate Lab needs new home (NEVER MIND) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page