Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 one of the reasons i so love to craft..........
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic one of the reasons i so love to craft.......... Next Topic  

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  9:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
please read my latest post on the wordpress site if you have a minute and then let me know who inspires you to craft......
thanks!

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)

www.angeltree.etsy.com

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  02:36:18 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Your granddaughter is sooo cute! Thanks for sharing.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  08:20:14 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,
So Glad you are crafting again, and by the beautiful smile on your Grand daughters face it makes it all worth while. Also read about your Christmas plan, and its sounds perfect, but the best part is you are excited about decorating and planning Christmas this year.And MOST important your Health is soooooo much better.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  08:26:48 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
What an adorable young lady!!! So sweet!!!
My inspiration is that it is just creativity juices run rampant in me!!!!
I have always had gainful employment in areas that are difficult and require everything BUT creativity. I create to keep from going nuts!!!!
THANKS FOR SHARING!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  08:58:49 AM  Show Profile
AAWW She is SO sweet, Frannie. Yoyu are so blessed to have a cute granddaughter like that. SO happy to see you back at doing what you love to do sweetie, PTL!
And I love the fact that she calls you OMIE! I called my grandmommy and ~daddy OMI and OPI too :)

MY biggest inspirations to start crafting was my mom and her whole family. They (we) all are avid crafters and have quite a knack for it as well. Mom knitted and sewed, her granddad was a master carpenter. Her mom (my Omi) was a good sewer too, Opi (m0m's dad) was a good drawer (? Is that the correct word). My oldest brother could draw like a pro. Other Brother paints, sews and does a lot of house interior design. Both uncles worked with wood a lot and also painted etc.

Me, I am an all round crafter, lol. Love them all and am quite good at them even if I say so myself

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)

Edited by - dutchy on Nov 28 2009 09:00:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  6:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
it is great fun to hear about what inspires you al to craft. marian, it does really sound like your family is full of crafters. and i'm glad to hear that you are quite good at them too.
please send more stories of your crafting inspiration and the crafters in your life.

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,

www.angeltree.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  7:59:10 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, I love your blog!! My mom has been my biggest inspiration! My mom taught me to crochet when I was 8 and haven't stopped since! I have to say that I simply love to make anything I can! My latest endeavor is spinning yarn and it is absolutely fascinating to me and my biggest inspiration for that has been my dear farmgirl friend Grace Gerber!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  10:08:28 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
monica, i wish i had been crocheting since 8! that is amazing and inspirational in itself.
spinning is on my list of things to do as well. last summer i took classes from the appleleaf farms in van alstyne, texas which is just about 30 minutes from my house. about 1 month after i completed the classes i started with the cancer journey. i have been telling my husband that i would like to continue with spinning and try to get better at it.
i love reading grace's post here, and for me she is my expert on all things goat. i have 2 angora goats that i just love. i hope maybe you can inspire me and i will get started again on spinning. right now i think i will go to your sites and check them out. see ya later.

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,

www.angeltree.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  11:58:14 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, I was just thinking about this thread and the answer I gave lol. Yup we are/were a very crafty, creative family. And I am still very thankful for that. It got me through some of the worst periods in my life. I really DO believe if I didn't know how to do any craft my life might have been a lot sadder than it already was. I really DO believe that.
Crafting has been my "life-line" for a long time and still is :)

One time (it is still a dream) I loved to open up a little craft/book store and do workshops. But that is very hard here unfortunately. Need certain diploma's, lots of money and lots of patience. Got the patience lol but that is all. So guess it will stay a dream. But PTL I can craft for me and my friends here, and they always appreciate what I make them. This all might sound "cocky" and bold, but the truth needs to be said LOL!!
Hugs to you.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)

Edited by - dutchy on Nov 28 2009 11:58:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  6:02:19 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
dutchy, i am in total agreement with you about crafting as a means to cope. i also use my music.
many years ago, my music mentor told me when you find you are really feeling down and out just go to your music, it will help you and always be there for you. he said it is almost impossible for your brain to take on two topics at the same time, and that when you are engaged in a task you cant feel sorry or worried or mopey, and i think he was right.
crafting was always a part of my youth and it surrounded me in my family, but i didnt really take up crafting in a meaningful way until i became an adult with my own children.
i really turned to crafting as a middle-aged gal when i had some sad and tragic episodes in my life, and my crafting was as faithful as an old friend.
i for one as so greatful to have crafting in my life....well and music as well.

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,

www.angeltree.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic one of the reasons i so love to craft.......... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page