Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Apple-Raisin-Walnut Breakfast Bake-Over
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Apple-Raisin-Walnut Breakfast Bake-Over Next Topic  

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13642 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13642 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2009 :  5:40:24 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Just thought I'd share that, not really knowing how it would turn out, I'd try to make a Bake-Over for Thanksgiving Day breakfast..

I had purchased some of the Gluten-Free Mix from MJF . . . wanted to give it a try. Sprinkled raisins, chopped walnuts and cinnamon in bottom of oblong glass baking pan, sprinkled in brown sugar, and sliced peeled apples, poured over 1/2 cup melted butter. Baked this for about 20 minutes before topping. Then topped it with the baking mix crust, made according to the 'bake-over' recipe in the enclosed booklet. Then baked it another 20 minutes.
Measurements? Well, by the handfuls . . .hm-m-m-, probably about 1/2 cup of everything except apples . . probably about 4 cups sliced.

It was very yummy, kinda like apple pie (like I like it) but not too sweet. We topped it with vanilla yogurt.
We'll do it again!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Apr 06 2010 7:22:19 PM

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  12:29:55 PM  Show Profile
That sounded delicious CeeJay! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us! I will save it for when a friend of ours comes out to visit in January. He is lactose intolerant and needs gluten free too.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  08:00:41 AM  Show Profile
That sounds really good Ceejay!!

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Catherine
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Catherine Ann
Temple TX
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  05:39:12 AM  Show Profile
That sounds delicious ... especially since I haven't had breakfast yet. Maybe a bake-over is just the thing for this morning! Thanks for the inspiration :)

http://lovelivingsimply.blogspot.com/

Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant. ~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

sw80689
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Sharon
Papillion Nebraska
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  1:38:11 PM  Show Profile
Ceejay,
That sounds delicious, I am going to try it! Thanks for sharing and great job on creative baking!
Blessings,

Sharon

*We are all angels with one wing, the only way to fly, therefore is to embrace one another*
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Apple-Raisin-Walnut Breakfast Bake-Over Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page