flowerkeeper
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

rhonda
beaumont texas
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2004 :  9:51:29 PM  Show Profile
I feel so very fortunate to have come across Mary Janes Farm in the book store a few months ago, and, spend hours re-reading the wonderful articles! I'm a "country at heart" girl from southeast Texas, mother to Justin and Jarad, and granmommy to Savannah. I crave the methods and arts that are seemingly going by the wayside. Nothing compares to the satisfaction of crocheting a beautiful piece, completing a quilt, or cleaning the kitchen after spending the entire day canning, freezing, and preserving the bounty. I love every aspect of homaking and domestication, and eagerly await learning more from my sisters here on the farm.

all that glitters is not gold, and all who wander aren't lost....

Idahospud
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Nikki
Emmett Idaho
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2004 :  10:15:05 PM  Show Profile
Hello, Rhonda! As you have ascertained, you will fit right in here. I have already learned a great deal from the Farmgirls here, and look forward to your contributions as well. It sounds as if you have as much to teach as to learn!

Welcome!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2004 :  10:38:18 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the family Rhonda!!! We are lucky to have you!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2004 :  03:13:41 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Rhonda! Glad to have another voice contributing! Take some time to explore the topics, and then jump right in...

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2004 :  06:04:41 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Rhonda - Sounds like you are one of the crowd here. We all love the things you listed as being your favorite ways to use your time and talents.

Do you have a farm? Many of us here are "urban farmgirls" and many are lucky enough to live on acreage. We are from all over the country, and we look forward to hearing about your neck of the woods. There are several other Texan girls here, too.

Glad you found us!

jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

flowerkeeper
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

rhonda
beaumont texas
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2004 :  06:59:23 AM  Show Profile
How I wish I did have a REAL farm! Actually, I have an acre of property that backs up to the woods. I've only been here 9 months, so it is still a work in progress. I have a lemon tree, and will soon be planting fruit trees--fig, pear,plum, etc. Of course, I grow wonderful herbs and vegetables. Oh, and I have a clothesline! My dad made one for me out of treated 4 X 4's, and I love it! I crave a life of efficiency, and self sufficiency. I am currently planning for the holidays (late start!) and would love to hear what you all are doing for the same. It's great to be here!

all that glitters is not gold, and all who wander aren't lost....
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2004 :  08:16:32 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Flowerkeeper! I love your screen name! Your home and trees and clothesline sound so warm and inviting. Glad you discovered MaryJanes magazine and us! There are fantastic and inspiring people who post here. I look forward to hearing about your life and ideas and stories.

Time Flies
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2004 :  09:22:57 AM  Show Profile
Eileen here to add my welcome into the group to you flowerkeeper.We are kind of like one huge group of girlfriends with a guy or two in the mix(just to keep things interresting)Actually we really enjoy the interaction with our guy chicks.Can't wait for your ideas to flow.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

28 Posts

Kimberely
MaryJanesFarm Idaho
28 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2004 :  09:43:13 AM  Show Profile
Welcome! It's so exciting to see all the new farmgirls jumpin' on the band wagon, or farm truck, or tractor - whichever expression you wish to use! The women, and men, here have such wonderful talents and ideas to share! So, again, welcome and enjoy!
Kim
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New here also! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page