Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Do not take one minute for granted...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Do not take one minute for granted... Next Topic  

LisaTwo
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Lisa
Hampden Maine
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  6:24:12 PM  Show Profile
I'm mad but I don't know who to direct it at. God? My two youngest children were born extremely disabled. I won't list what they can't do, but they CAN smile and make me laugh, so enough said. My oldest who is 6 just started having seizures two weeks ago, they are coming faster and stronger now. We will probably be able to stop them for now with medication but eventually they will return. I'm mad because I don't want them to be football players or brain surgeons, I don't care that they can't walk or talk. I will feed them and bathe them for the rest of my life, happily. But I'm not going to be able to. They are going to be taken away from me and it's not fair. How can life be just when I have stood up and accepted this burden as a blessing and even that is not enough? If everything happens for a reason, what the hell is the reason for this. How do I do this? I know I am not to question why and I haven't up until now. But WHY if my cross to bear is to love these boys, why are they going to get sicker? Why are they going to be made to suffer? It's just not fair. And I'm mad.

http://pinkporches.blogspot.com/

*And you know when the truth is told-- you can get what you want--or you can just get old.* (Billy Joel)

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  8:14:22 PM  Show Profile
All I can say is I will pray for you to understand and be ok. God does have his reasons but bad things are not from him just a life that is not perfect. He won't give you anything you can't handle together with him. It will be ok. Hang in there. There are people here praying for you....

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

ZenGoddess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Cindy
MO
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  8:34:26 PM  Show Profile
Lisa, That is a mothers love you have for your children :)) Will you still be able to spend time with them ??
Sending you strength and support.

Hugs,
ZenGoddess/Southernplum
My life goal is to Simply - Simplify my life.
http://herbalcottage.blogspot.com
http://herbalcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Choctaw Farm Gal
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Nancy
Oklahoma
46 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  8:36:16 PM  Show Profile
A lot of life is not fair - life can hurt, harm and delivery great pain. Your expression of deep love for your boys through your message is so beautiful and is the main thing that matters. A Mother's love is powerful. Be mad if you have to. Feel whatever you need to, to get through your days. May you also feel all the prayers, love and good thoughts being sent your way.

blessings....
Nancy

"The moments right on front of us are all we really have to make the good memories that last forever."
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  12:19:19 AM  Show Profile
Sending hugs and prayers

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  01:31:23 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Please trust in God. He knows what he is doing. It may not seem like it at the moment, but, it always turns out like it should. Have faith. God Bless!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  04:07:28 AM  Show Profile
We cannot understand all that God does. And there are not always answers to the question, why? But God sees the bigger picture that we do not see, He knows what the future holds and we do not. Elizabeth Elliot lost her husband many years ago to tribal people in a jungle where they went to serve as missionaries. When asked what she was going to do, she said, take a shower, etc. It came down to doing one thing at a time, one moment at a time. Do the next thing, whatever that is, one day a time. Live for today, keep yourself true and strong physically,spiritually and mentally, and you will be ready for those moments you have with your boys. This too may pass away, perhaps it is for a time. You will get through this with God strengthening you. Just dont give up on Him, He knows what He is doing. And as you pray for your boys, God will be your eyes. He will see them, as you pray for them. I found great comfort in that many years ago, when my children were away from me for a time. As I prayed, God saw them wherever they were whatever they were doing, right at the time I was talking to Him. Let the God of all comfort, comfort you in these difficult times.
Blessings to you,
Sheri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...

Edited by - Lynner on Nov 24 2009 04:09:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  05:26:01 AM  Show Profile
I totally agree with Sheri, God can and will take care of you and your boys all you have to do is ask and then be patient and wait(which Im not good at doing) but as many others have said Gods timing is perfect and if you cry out to him he is faithful to answer. I am praying for you and your boys and I will pray for strength and comfort for you. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  05:31:04 AM  Show Profile
Lisa. sometimes it's so hard to know what to say. So I will just tell you that you and your kids are in my thoughts and prayers right now. I totally agree with Sheri. That is beautiful. I needed to read that for myself.

Hugs and prayers, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  06:21:54 AM  Show Profile
Lisa, sending you a big hug. I don't have the words to express what I'm feeling just now. Sheri put it beautifully I think. Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  12:17:53 PM  Show Profile
Lisa:
Put it all in God's hands. Words come easy to one who isn't going through what you are going through, so that is the only thing I can think of to say. But it has surely helped me to be strong and do what I have to do. Take care.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  12:58:22 PM  Show Profile
Lisa,
I'm praying for you and your boys. Be mad as hell at God. He can take it. I can't imagine what you are going through and don't even pretend to but do know that God is with you and does understand your pain and anger. Just lean on him and take 1 day at a time.

Laila
Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  1:01:05 PM  Show Profile
Lisa,
I'm praying for you and your boys. Be mad as hell at God. He can take it. I can't imagine what you are going through and don't even pretend to but do know that God is with you and does understand your pain and anger. Just lean on him and take 1 day at a time.

Laila
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  3:47:42 PM  Show Profile
You and your boys are in my heart & prayers, It's not easy being a mom and I don't blame you for being upset. It just seems some familys have it all an others suffer all the way through life. Belive God has a plan for you and your sons because he does. Keep venting if you need to we will be here to listen and pray with you.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LisaTwo
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Lisa
Hampden Maine
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  6:03:26 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much. Every piece of advice is being held near my heart. Tommorow morning we are going to the neurologist to have a 48 hour portable EEG attached so that they can record the seizures. That should make wonderful Thanksgiving photo ops. Thank you for your prayers and I can feel the love from here, every hug, every tear, every squeeze of my hand. I've attached a picture so you know who you are praying for. His name is Matthew, but we call him Matty. Again, thank you so much.

Lisa

http://pinkporches.blogspot.com/

*And you know when the truth is told-- you can get what you want--or you can just get old.* (Billy Joel)
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  6:34:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry that life is being so unkind to you and your little ones! Sending hugs and prayers for comfort and peace and healing. I hope that the neurologists can get a handle on Matty's seizures and so that he can have some relief from them. *hugs* Wishing you were closer and I could bring you over some warm lemon cake and tea. Take care and know that so many of your fellow farmgirls are here for you and sending many heartfelt prayers and warm wishes.
Please let us know how things go.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  8:43:55 PM  Show Profile
Lisa, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Matty is a gorgeous boy with a beautiful smile. I want you to know that you made a difference to me today. Before I sat down to read your post I was struggling up the steps and tripped over my son's bike. Cursing him under my breath for leaving it there I made it to the door, put my groceries away and gave him a sturdy tongue lashing. I feel very sheepish for being angry about the bike. How unimportant.

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  02:31:18 AM  Show Profile
Lisa--my heart goes out to you as you struggle to raise your two boys. Be assured that God loves you--that smile on your son's face is proof.
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  05:26:51 AM  Show Profile
Lisa, he is a cutie! I will continue to pray for you both. Gods got his arms around your family. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  8:19:12 PM  Show Profile
Lisa, i am glad you vented and did not keep this all bottled up inside. Of course you are angry, you have every right to be. Life can be very unfair and unjust. When you have to see someone you love suffer, it makes you feel so helpless and nothing causes anger like not being able to fix our childrens pain. You are a very brave and strong woman. Not many could handle what you have and do as well. You are a Mama and you will find the strength and courage to help your son, I wish I could promise all will be fine but I don't know that, I can speak from experience and tell you that even when everything is perfect things can happen. All you can do is love them and enjoy every minute you can with them. One minute at a time. Try and not look too far ahead, just one small space of time at a time. The Dr.'s will do all they can to help your boy live his best life. God does help you and give you strength. I personally do not believe God has done this to your children, or to you, he loves you all so much. He is there for you to turn to and he will loving help you deal with your anguish and pain and help you to really enjoy the good days and hold strong thru the bad ones. Just don't keep it bottled up Lisa, talk about it and sort through your feelings.

Hugs to you and your children,
Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2009 :  5:30:24 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Lisa,
I send you my thoughts and my prayers!!! Our son was born with Down Syndrome . . he will be 36 on Dec. 12th. I won't go into the 36 years except to say there have been some terrible struggles, but we have seen the way he change this family . . he is PRICELESS!! A TRUE TREASURE!!!!
In may 2006 my sister, who is 4 years younger than I, made a decision that was born out of her stubbornness, anger and "bent" for being in control. Because of that she had a terrible horseback riding accident, is brain injured, totally disabled and dependent on others. I have been one of her caregivers for over a year. Initially, I just sobbed and sobbed . . . then when I learned more details of what happened I became VERY ANGRY with her because. . . well, she didn't have to act like our dad and make that decision. I had to get over that anger and move on . . . we cannot change the past. What matters is how we respond to things that come our way.

Over the years, I am learning more and more that God gives and/or allows things that we don't understand. I do know that I have grown into a better person because of these situations and have been able to be a "light" to others around my family. I have learned incredible patience and humility . . . and trust in Him!!
Still learning . . . will continue to learn!
I say all that to just encourage you . . . know that the LORD DOES care and love you!!!! And, HE also understands when you are angry and hurt . . . He WILL listen to you then as well!!!
And, we are here . . .
You are in my prayers!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

piddlin sweetie
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Vickie
Kentucky
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  9:17:37 PM  Show Profile
Lisa, I dont think I can add anything as there has been some really loving responses...

but.. in some way.. your post and words have touched others.

"Dont take one minute for granted"... wow I know it has touched me since i first saw it.

And you know what??? you are blessed with Great kids.. and gosh they have one GREAT MAMA! Bet you was handpicked!

Keeping your family in my thoughts and two bit prayers.
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  07:09:48 AM  Show Profile
Sending prayers your way for Matty and your whole family.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  3:04:29 PM  Show Profile
Lisa prayers are going your way and your family. God chose you for these special children because he knew how much you would love them and find the positive in them. What more could a child ask from their parent but unconditional love which you are showering on them.
Remember God chose you because you are so special and strong.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Do not take one minute for granted... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page