Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 Keeping in Touch
 Feeling a little Elf~like...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Feeling a little Elf~like... Next Topic  

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  12:25:22 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I don't know about you, but I am feeling a little like one of Santa's elves as I am scurrying to get Christmas gifts done in the evenings.....I am getting a little better about walking away from my craft table with all the paints and supplies left out, as to save time getting back at it as soon as the dinner dishes are done. I am having all kinds of fun playing around with Mixed Mediums ( thanks for Kelly Rae Roberts~ artist and author of "taking flight"). If you haven't yet read her book and are interested in Mix Mediums it is a must read. I love all things to do with "words, paper, cards, mixed mediums"... SO my craft room looks a little like the inside of a paper shredder....

I am also sewing and hand sticking some pillows ( I call the "pillow talk" as they have sayings on them.... Words.. love them...
What are you other little Elves up to?

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com
www.renesnaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  6:17:21 PM  Show Profile
How fun!! Love that pillow!!! I have been knitting and stitching some gifts for the past couple months..more ahead than usual for this time of year and it feels good. Yep...elf-like!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  6:29:35 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well Rene, my craft room looks like a paper/ribbon/button/fabric explosion. I'm VERY BUSY making Christmas tags and Christmas cards right now. I will be selling my crafts at Christmas Bazaars and I have to PLAN what I will work on on my days off from my caregiver job. I spent several days making jewelry, several days sewing aprons and now am making cards.
AFTER the Christmas Bazaars, which will be about mid-December then I will be sewing aprons for family members and a customer, making MORE jewelry and wrapping the gifts that are on the floor under the papercraft supply table in my room. My hubby came in the "room" yesterday and I said, "I know this place is wreck, but I AM working!!" I keep my supplies out until I'm finished working on that project . . . that's why I have a "room" to do it in!!
So, this elf is BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!!!!
Someday, closer to Christmas I might just get some baking in . . . maybe.
'TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY!!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  10:24:57 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
CJ~
That sounds about right. I dont know how you guys do it that are doing the Christmas Bazaars. My friend Debbi has been busting her hump for weeks to get ready for one here... I can barely find the time for the families list.....

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  08:03:20 AM  Show Profile
So this is what I am working on for the SIL's for Christmas. I haven't done any baking as everybody is not into having baked goods around but I like to give a jar or frozen bag of something from the garden from that year. I think it will be Tomatoes Potatoes and Carrots and Onions for a nice start to soup or stew.
And some sour dough start.
I also have the fabric for the grand girls jammies and am doing a quilt for a good friend too.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  08:16:46 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Diana,
How beautiful! I really love those. Lucky SIL...

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  5:06:34 PM  Show Profile
ok, as if I don't have a gazillion things going on in my sew/craft room....it's starting to get over whelming,,,the stacks & piles of unfinished projects, with stacks of new ones waiting in the wings to get started...
Hey, I am retired, I am suppose to have all this spare time....What Happened? aacckk!
Calgone, take me away.....but can I bring a project or two too! lol!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  6:08:27 PM  Show Profile
You are all so brilliantly talented !!! I'm going to finish hand sewing an apron and make a bunch of felt and county plaid ornaments and a new set of slippers for by sweetie pie...I have an empire-waist dress pattern that I'm eager to make and wear, but the right fabric hasn't grabbed me yet ...my work area looks like a bunch of of pre-schoolers had their way with it and it's a total mess LOL! but I'm in the creative process and that is what matters!

Grace dear, please pass the box of Calgon! heehee!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  08:58:30 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
LOL.. Gracie.. I can see you spinning from here... (and to think I thought it was just another wind storm)...LOL

Annika~ We really do have some really amazingly talented women, I am often times so overwhelmed by them.... I really admire you all that are seamstresses.. I am not.. I am what I call a functional stitcher... I can make drapes and re cover furniture, make pillows and hand stitch anything.. but a seamstress I am not... Oh, and while I am confessing.. I am not a knitter either... sorry! Tee-hee!!!

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  03:36:31 AM  Show Profile
Oh you girls make me glad I'm not the only one with a messy crafting and sewing room. Ooops sorry, I didn't mean to imply that anyone's was messy except for mine, lol!! And, I wouldn't really call it messy, more along the lines of how CJ describes hers!!!
I love all the projects I see here, I love your pillow talk pillows Rene! And Diana is that your project using the squares from our Christmas charm swap?!!! Beautiful! Be sure to post on the charm swap forum so we all can see!
And as if I don't have enough to keep me busy between now and Christmasa, I noticed while at my daughter's yesterday for Thanksgiving, that she doesn't have hardly any dish cloths, dish towels and pot holders!!! So, guess what she's getting for Christmas!? And, of course I won't be happy unless I make them myself and all coordinating, lol! Well at least they're easy to make!
Honestly though, I thrive in my craft room just the way it is! Somehow I feel stifled when it's too neat! :)

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

If you rest, you rust. Helen Hayes

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  08:29:19 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Assume away... Brenda, My crafting room looks as if a bomb has blown....And normally I wouldnt be ok with leaving it.. but only getting to work in there in the evenings, seesm to save time to let the mess just be and spend the bulk of my time on the projects themselves..... SO.... I guess there will be time for cleaning when the projects are done... LOL

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  08:33:31 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Yup, Rene . . . Christmas will be past and then we can clean our rooms.
I do a LOT of Christmas papercraft projects and have to set up another table just to have my supplies at hand. That won't be there forever, otherwise I'll never get on to the after-Christmas projects.
I kinda take January off . . . then spend February through May getting things ready to sell at Farmers Market when the season starts the first Saturday in June. Then for the four months of season I am BUSY, BUSY with keeping up with sales.
But, so far it's SO-O-O-O much fun!!!
So . . . it'll wait until after Christmas!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  06:57:02 AM  Show Profile
Messy craft room??? My whole house looks like Santa's Workshop exploded!!!
Works in progress in the sewing room, wreaths in progress on the dining room table and knitting stuff everywhere. What a blast!! There is always something to work on. And since my sister lives with me and she has as many projects going as I do OY...
Needless to say, we live in fear that someone, like a mom or mom in law, might drop in unexpectedly.
And then there are the orders for our etsy store
So, of cours, I just had to put everything else aside because my sweet granddaughter wants a Mrs. Claus doll and I am determined to have it finished by Tuesday, when I see her .

Yep, it's crazy but toooooo much fun
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  3:48:21 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Mines the same way Michele, Santa's workshop exploded!! I got homemade christmas card stuff every where, chroching stuff every were you look. It's crazy but alot of fun!! I'm glad you all our having fun!!
hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  6:18:20 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
CJ~
I am doing more paper crafts this year... Inspired by the mixed mediums.. Love them. I am having a blast... made my own paper this week.. soooo fun!

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  11:46:13 PM  Show Profile
WOW that pillow is awesome indeed !

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  08:36:26 AM  Show Profile
I got one of those from Diana! I love love love love love love mine!!!!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://www.harvestthymefarm.vpweb.com
www.onefunkyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
~I'd rather be on my farm than Emperor of the World~George Washington
Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Feeling a little Elf~like... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page