Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I Won A Whole Bunch of Recipes From E'bay
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I Won A Whole Bunch of Recipes From E'bay Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  1:32:22 PM  Show Profile
I bid on a whole bunch of recipes from E'Bay and they came today. So much fun looking at them all. Makes a person very hungry. Anyway I put them all in a basket and posted a picture. Would be nice if I had a picture of the Women that they belonged to.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  3:16:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
Dont you just love handwritten recipes!

"My ideal day is sitting on the back porch, cup of green tea in hand, slippers on, and just watch the cows in the pasture"

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  05:00:51 AM  Show Profile
Claudia,
Yes I do. I wish I had more from my family. I have to wonder where all the recipes went that my great Grandma etc, went.

Go to Top of Page

OKCookee
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Chris
Oklahoma OK
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  06:18:10 AM  Show Profile
A couple of years ago I got several notebooks from my dad's mom that are full handwritten recipes and cut out ones from newspapers, etc. She had a little restaurant in Quakertown, PA. She has dozens of shoofly pie recipes as she was always looking for the "perfect" one. If she ever found it, she didn't mark it. She had written little notes to herself on lots of them. I love reading old recipes.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest".
Matthew 11:28

Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  07:23:45 AM  Show Profile
Oh how wonderful!!!!
I love old handwritten recipes! When my maternal gramma died, and the children were clearing out her house, my mom grabbed about 10 of my gramma's and great gramma's for me. There were also a few that had a family name on them, but I didn't know who's they were.
This past fall my favorite cousin sent me a whole packet of leaflets and recipes from our gramma, great grandmother, and great-great grandmother. Along with those, was one that explained that the family name I kept seeing was actually the husband, my mom's great uncle, he was the cook in the family, very unusual for that time!
Anyway, it is so wonderful to have these old family recipes and I am looking for just the right special notebook to keep them in.
Have fun with them Nancy!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

If you rest, you rust. Helen Hayes

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  07:59:50 AM  Show Profile
Lucky you Brenda! They must be so much fun to read. You could make a great scrapbook recipe book with those. include pictures of the past relatives if you have them, and what information you have about them.

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I Won A Whole Bunch of Recipes From E'bay Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page