Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Hello Again..needing some farmgirl Wisdom
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Hello Again..needing some farmgirl Wisdom Next Topic  

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  07:21:47 AM  Show Profile
Hello sisters, it's been a long while. One of the last times I visited was March 16th. I was joining a post looking for penpals. I mentioned that my love of the farm way of life came from my dad who grew up on a farm and who always kept tractors and rented land to plant and harvest. That very night at a mere 60 years old, he passed away.
My mom and I were devastated. And these months later it takes next to nothing to start the tears to flowing. Am I functioning? Yes. Am I moving on, taking care of my family, trying to live...Yes. But I hurt so unbelievably badly...
I could go on and on and pour out a bunch of emotions, but my intention here is to hear from you; a variety of beautiful, strong, experienced women. Though it happens to most everyone I feel as if there is so little out there about dealing with the loss of a parent. Yes we could go the psychology route, which isn't wrong, but I want to hear from real-life stories. No I do not personally know you all, but I have enough experience on this site to know how REAL you are; to know that family and tradition and treasured memories mean something.
So those who can, please share with me what losing parent has done in your life. No matter what their age when they left I do know the pain is no less. If you are uncomfortable sharing on the forum e-mails are welcome.
I thank you all.

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  08:26:43 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie!! I have missed you!!
I lost my own dad 6 years ago when he was 65. I really didn't realize what a difference he made in my life until he was gone. He and my mom had come out here to visit (from their home in Calif) 2 weeks before his death and he was on a fishing trip 8 hours from home when he died....quite a shock. He had been sick but no one knew HOW sick although I suspect he did know his time was short. My dad was far from a perfect man and wasn't even always the best dad, but he did leave us such a legacy. My younger brother, sister and I have an independant spirit and love of the outdoors that surely came from him. He taught us to follow our dreams and to not care so much what others think. I don't remember ever going on a family vacation that wasn't camping, fishing or hunting related..and guess what? Those are my own favorite vacations with my own family these days. My dad coached little league baseball for years and took a little league team to the little league world series one year (none of his own kids were on this team..he just loved to coach) and although the team from out little home town didn't do well at all compared to the big city teams from other places, it was a big deal to our town and those boys. Most of that team, 25 years later, were at his funeral. It was so amazing to see these 40 year old men all coming together to honor their coach from so many years ago.
I don't ever go fishing or camping without the feeling that my dad is there with me. From starting a campfire, to baiting a hook, to putting up the tent with the kids....all the skills for these things were taught by him. My oldest son is now teaching HIS kids those skills...so the outdoor tradition in our family for generations.
It does get easier..the grief I mean...as years pass, but even now, sometimes I get emotional just casting a line. I am so sorry to hear about your loss Bonnie!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  08:28:13 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
first bonnie, let me say how sorry i am to hear about the loss of your dad. to me he was very young to pass away, but both of my parents were elderly and had lived long lives and i cant say that i was prepared to loose them.
my sister and i were both adopted and when both of our parents died we agreed that once again we felt like orphan girls.
my dad had alzheimers for the last 17 years of his life, and my mom took care of him in their home. when he died he died in their home in the room that was once my bedroom. his death was such a long event that i really felt that i had said good by many times over the last years of his life, but in fact about 1 month after his death i just fell apart, i couldnt believe he was gone!
i have wondered where you were, but i am just catching up with this site myself. i hope that you will find some peace with your dad's death. i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)

www.angeltree.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  08:40:56 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie:
I'm sorry for your loss. I loss both of my parents when I was young; in my 20's. It's been 30 some years now. There are days that I wake up and one memory will make me cry like a baby. Some days the memories give me courage, or make me laugh, or make me get on my knees and thank my God for the time I did have with my parents. I still can't go to the graveyard without crying. Each second, minute, hour, day, week, month, year, gives you strength to go on. It's all about grieving, which I would advise you to go through. I found what works for me on the days that I find myself really feeling blue, is to get in the shower, cry my eyes out, and I feel much better. You've found a great place to grieve. We'll all be here to listen and hopefully bless you with some kind of understanding. Take care. You'll be in my prayers as you go through your grief.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  08:46:13 AM  Show Profile
My dad passed away Sept. 4th this year. He was my rock, He died from bladder cancer at the age of 87. He was mentally there the entire time he even gave my son information on what to do to fix his freezer a day before he crossed over. Dad claimed he saw a little girl in the kitchen, wondered who the pretty lady was who sat on his bed and when he would wake up he kept saying it's so beautiful, it's just so beautiful.
I believe the pretty lady was his mom, she died when my dad was very young. Two days before my girlfriend Helen died she asked me if I could see the man with the cowboy hat who was standing in the corner of the room. I told her no but I believed that when she knew who he was she would then leave us and go with him.
I have been with a lot of people when they died, They were all calm. My first was Artie, he was an older mentally retarted person who I could change his outfit, toilet him ect. with one hand. Everyday he would spit and try to dig & scratch the people taking care of him, I always started my rounds from R to L but that day I went L to R It was the first time Artie smiled at me, he did'nt even try to spit on me. I took his pulse and got a beat, beat, beat nothing. He left with a smile on his face. I had a large male nurse help me take him to the morgue, when we got down there we decided to put Artie on the top shelf, we said he needed all the help he could get going to heaven, we went to lift him and there was no way we could pick him up, the same man I could do with one hand I now couldn't lift with 2 hands and a large strong man.
I didn't mean to go on & on. I know the pain of losing a parent and your's was young only 2 years older than myself. My uncle died the same way. My aunt came out to my house that day and he stayed home to watch the Bills play football she found him dead in the hallway. He went quick, I think some people don't suffer because they were so good that when the Lord called their name they didn't hesitate.
I hope you still talk to your dad I do. I was lucky to be with my dad when he died he squeezed my hand I told him I love you too dad and he took a few more breaths then left.
Please remember the good times, I'm sure he does not want you to be sad, I'm sure he isn't. When I asked my dad if he saw anyone he said yes I saw John Wassink and good friend who was been gone for many years. I asked if he saw Dick Schulz and he said no not yet. It sounded like he planned on seeing him soon.
Beleive, He is in a better place.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  08:56:04 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie, I too have missed you. Like Frannie, I am so very sorry for your loss. Dad's are very special to their girls, and I miss my father every single day, especially since I now have a little girl of my own and I see the fierce relationship she is forging with my husband, even as an 8 month old.

Look. I'm not going to say you will forget or it will be easy. You won't. It won't. But the hurt blossoms into something stronger over time. At least it did for me. My father died unexpectedly while working in Arizona, far from Kentucky. He left for Tuscon two days after Christmas, and died on January 8th. I was 20, really into my boyfriend and wasn't around for daddy's regular "Thursday telephone call" and he died that Saturday morning so I never got a chance to speak to him. That's the only thing I really beat myself up for...still to this day. I had such unresolved matters that for a long time, I dreamt about him sitting in his car, but he didn't know me, wouldn't speak to me...and eventually, when I forgave myself for being a kid, the dreams went away, too, and what replaced those were just daily good thoughts and rememberances of him. Wishing that he could see me turn 30, wishing he could know his grandaughter, Violet Mae (boy howdy, would he love her to pieces!). And my husband--he wishes he could have known my father because of how kindly and often we speak of him--how he really is a daily part of lives, whether we mention him or no.

What I will say is this: give yourself the time you need to cry, to remember, to laugh, to be angry. All of those things will happen. My mother chose the other route--get 3 jobs, don't be at home unless you're too tired to get into bed, don't think about it, don't let yourself feel...and it came back to haunt her severely, three years later when I'd already finished my grieving, and started the healing process. So, I helped pick up her pieces. Everyone is different, but do allow yourself all those feelings and don't bottle them up.

We're here for you, Bonnie. Thick and thin!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  09:30:39 AM  Show Profile
I took care of my mom until she passed, I was only 34. I was only 25 when my dad passed. How did I get through it? I have some local antique barns, huge places. I walked and walked, looking at antiques, thinking of my parents. I would see many things from childhood that made me happy, and I would think about those happy times. The first few times were hard, but after awhile, I looked forward to going. It was a relief to grieve somewhere else besides my home, to be able to leave the grief and find peace at home.
Bottom line, time will eventually heal you, the first year is always hard, but it truly does become easier after that. Just get through this first year, grieve when you must, be easy on yourself. This sounds harsh, but eventually you do get sick and tired of crying and grieving. That's when you take those steps back into life. Praying for you, you will survive this year.

Merry
Farmgirl #536

http://iowafoodcoop.blogspot.com

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

Don't pray for a lighter load, pray for a stronger back.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  11:53:16 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie, I am so sorry for your loss. But as I sat here and read all these wonderful memories from these great farmgirls, it gives me hope for you. Such wonderful stories. Thank you all for sharing. It does help so much to talk about people we have lost. Always talk about them.

My father died when I was just 18. He was in California and I was in Georgia. He was already cremated by the time my brother sister and I got there. We had a memorial service with a picture of him. I never cried. It still does not seem real. I still dream of him. I miss him terribly. I was angry for a long time. Angry that he missed out on so much of our lives. All his grandkids and now great grands. I should say that he ended his own life. In his car in the Angeles Forest. So I still have not really grieved.

My aunt sent me a CD of my father and his brother. They were great singers and my dad could play any instrument there was. He had a wonderful voice. I can still remember it now. But it was almost a year before I could listen to that CD. My mom was here and we finally decided to listen to it. I put it in the computer and we shut the doors and sat here and listened and cried together. It was beautiful. I am crying now thinking about it. So I have that to listen to now. I miss him so much and wish he was here. But things happen for a reason, right?

It will take time. You will never really get over him being gone. I guess it does get easier each day. But just hold on to the memories. Those will never leave you.

Hugs. Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  3:45:11 PM  Show Profile
I wish I could hug you all! It's like a breath of fresh air being back here on "The Farm".
Thank you so very much for sharing; you have all given me something to think about and help me walk this journey.

(((HUGS)))

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  3:54:04 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Bonnie, I'm so sorry about yourloss.

I was just so glad to see your name I wanted to say so, and welcome you back, & say hello, and wrap you in a big farmgirl ((( hug ))). I pray you'll find the comfort you seek here.

Say to them, may the Lord bless you and protect you, May the Lord smile upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace. (Numbers 6:23-26)

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  4:03:15 PM  Show Profile
My mamma died when I was 36. We fought like tigers and were in a tiff when she passed, I never got to apologize or say good bye. I miss her terribly and wish that we had been better friends. It is NEVER a good time to lose a parent *hugs*

I lost my sweet and feisty Grandmama to cancer a few year later and still cry from missing her. She and my Grandad pretty much raised me and both of them are gone now.

I never learned how to grieve well and letting go and moving on takes a long time for me. I'm so so sorry that you lost your dad and are in pain. I understand how it feels and wish I could comfort you better. It's a hard thing to go through and try to get back to feeling ok and normal from. There is always that empty place where they were. Live FOR them, cherish your memories and keep them in your heart.

Sending love and light

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  4:23:23 PM  Show Profile
You know, I can't tell you all enough how amazing this Farmgirl Connection is. I love knowing my old friends are here, waiting to welcome me back. Just the fact that you women shared that you still hurt and need to cry is SO freeing. So many women I know/work with don't believe in this or won't admit that life has hurt. I know that it's ok to be human...but it's SO nice to hear it from you sweethearts!!

Edited by - Beemoosie on Nov 12 2009 4:31:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  5:15:01 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie, I'm very sorry for your loss. It is painful and it will take time. I lost my mother at 49 when I was 19. She had a bad fall and died a week later, 35 years ago. I lost my father and stepmother in a car accident almost 10 years ago. He was 83, she was 75. With my mother, I feel like I was cheated early in life. It would be nice to have her in my life and I think about her. My father...although we had our ups and downs....and I had the most in common, in terms of our personalities. I felt the closest to him. After my mom died, I lived with him for ten years. My sister and brother were both married and out of the house. He went through a hard time and we had our moments, but I could always tell him anything. We were very open with our feelings. He then remarried. I had the hardest time when he died. When we all went to his 2nd home in Florida, I cried the entire time. I stayed in bed for one day, crying. It was hard to go through their things. My sister and I never got along, and my brother is much like a stranger to me. I knew that our life as a family was over. Even now, I'm seeing that is as true as ever. We all grew further apart. Take the time to go through your feelings...it's good to have a good cry. Don't be afraid to open up to those closest to you.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  02:09:57 AM  Show Profile
Beemoosie - glad to see you back! I had missed you too. I am sorry about your father. I can say that 60 is too young - I am 60 right now!

Tell us more about him, he sounds like an intersting man. What is your favorite memory?

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  06:49:28 AM  Show Profile
I lost my mother when I was 19. I was devastated. I was her full time caregiver. I turned down a full ride scholarship to stay home with her when the cancer was progressing, so in one day I lost my mother, my best friend and my "job". I wandered around the house for about a month, just lost. I felt so alone as all my family were involved withtheir lives and work and relationships. I finally threw myself into work and school and that helped.

I just lost my father on January 2nd of this year. It was so very painful to watch another parent pass. I had been sick for several months before his passing and that has taken some time to heal this year. Part of my "therapy" for dealing with the grief was making rosaries. It gave me some quiet time to pray and think and remember. Sometimes I just sat and cried in my studio....other times I was just in the creative zone and work flew through my hands. I decided that I would make 100 rosaries. When I did my count it was 113, but I still felt like I had to "do" something more. It has led me on a creative adventure this year, but I am far from over the pain. I allow myself to feel sad. I cry when I feel like it. I am being patient with myself as never before.

In the Holidays section, there is a thread on holidays without loved ones. Folks posted some really good advice there. I bumped it to the front page.

Hugs.
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  07:48:37 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry for your loss...I lost my mom when I was 39-I was her full time caregiver the last year and a half of her life,in addition to getting my having a broken leg. This was back in '02. Her going was very sudden- a major heart attack,and I was there with her when it happened-on the phone with 911 when she went. Her last words to me were "I'm going to die" not in a frightened way but very matter of fact.She was looking at me,thru me,and beyond me as she said those words. Needless to say it was traumatic-we had recently moved to TX and suddenly I'm calling my Dad in CA-he came,got me,what belongings I could take & my cat I had at the time & I came home to my native state & had a 2nd leg surgery on Halloween day of that same year-mom passed in late April. Needles to say I was feeling pretty overwhelmed and my plate was full of things to handle. I'm not meaning to go on & on -I want you to know that it's important to grieve-I had many a crying spell in the shower and as I fell asleep at night. I was in shock-I guess a part of me just expected her to go on forever. She wasn't the best mom,and a lot of her life choices were disastrous. But I loved her and did my best by her. You do reach a point to where you get tired of crying and tired of feeling sad. You will get to where you laugh again and enjoy things,and will even have days where the departed loved one doesn't come to mind. You will heal,journalling does help as does reading books like "Simple Abundance" by Sarah Ban Breathnach. Another book that helped me deal with the loss is "Crossing to Avalon" by Jean Shineda Bolen.What you're going thru is sort of an initiation into the next phase of your life. My mom did come to me in dreams-to let me know that she was all right,offer advice when I needed it,and there were times when I could feel her presence in the room. Objects would get moved around the house for awhile with no one being present in the house but me. I think she has moved on to the next phase,as it were-I don't feel her anymore but am confident she's in a better place,and in much better shape. Things will improve. Give yourself time.....

http://www.pluckyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
http://www.mandochicks.com
http://mandolinbabe.net
http://www.mandolinbabe.com
http://www.mtndulcimer.com

@MandolinChick on Twitter
fingerpickin Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  09:41:49 AM  Show Profile
Hey Bonnie
I am glad you are posting
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's passing
((((hugs))))
I lost my dad in 2005
He died 2 days after his 80th birthday
He was in World War 2
in a German prison camp for 15 months
He almost starved and froze to death.
It started as prostrate cancer / went into remission
then bowel / went into remission
He would be doing fairly well for a few years then another cancer would come up
He got prostrate cancer again and bowel in his later years and it went from there
My Mom and he separated for years.
Rather shall I say my dad left and went to the cabin we have in the mountains / one time when she went to the beach
I tried and tried to call him that week and he wouldn't answer
they had had marriage problems all their marraige
Though I loved my Dad he was a hard one to get alone with
he would pick fights.
He was always right/ every one else was wrong
When I lived with them my life was a mess,
as it is here with one that I live with / ( not my husband)at times
We all got to say goodbye to Daddy
We all knew he was dieing
The last time I spoke to him was the day after his birthday
He said
"Sheila. I am sorry you had to go through this".
I told him I loved him; not to worry about me.
He told me he loved me and that was the last time I spoke to him
It was so heart breaking.
There was a big snow here the morning he died
The biggest snow flakes you ever saw. 8 inches fell
We have not had a big snow fall since
the church where Daddy is buried is a big white methodist church on a hill in those mountains
I went to the funeral home and to the funeral / it is almost 2 hours drive both ways.
I was not in good and and it is a little worse
I didn't go to the grave yard it was on the hill and really icy.
Mom was afraid I'd fall.
I have a lot of diseases and Diabetic type 2 and she said that Daddy understood and not to go to the graveside
just my brothers and aunt and uncle and mom went
Mom went; but didn't get out of the car it was so icy
I still miss him
I don't think one ever gets over losing their parents
One cannot prepare for their pasting no matter what they do
I am a Christian and the only way I got through it was from the love of my Heavenly Father.
and my family
to those that are reading and still have their parents and loved ones around
Please tell them how much you love them.
Let them know how much you love them.
If there are hard feelings try and make up.
Though that may be hard; at lest try.
Sorry this is so long ; but, it still hurts . hugs sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativewritings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  10:12:28 AM  Show Profile
Shiela:
My heart goes out to you. You are strong, I hope you realize that. But, like you said, death is a hard thing to handle. For me, there are times when I laugh or smile at certain memories, and some memories just send me over the edge. Thanks for sharing.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  4:59:03 PM  Show Profile
My dear Bonnie, I have sooo missed you! I am so sorry for the pain you are going thru. You probably remember my Mom passed away 2 years ago November 22 on Thanksgiving morning after a cancer diagnosis only 5 weeks before. It was so quick when only the day before the diagnosis we thought she was the healthiest she had been in years, and she felt so wonderful. I can't say not a day goes by that I don't think of her, because I think of her every hour of the day and night. I too function, but my mind is contstantly upon her. How I miss her, her laugh, her hands, her pretty feet. I miss everything about her, all day every day. I don't know if I'm normal or not. But thats how things are for me. Its extra hard right now because I was caring for her at this time 2 years ago, and it's almost the anniversary of her death. She wasnt but just a few years older than your dad. I stayed away from here for a long time because I was grieving so. But I still grieve. It's not easier, I think I just get used to the pain. And I don't think I want the pain to go away, because I feel like I have to let her go in doing so. I know I'm no help, but I know how you feel. I've heard the phrase "new normal" many times. This is my new normal I believe. Because I know I will never feel better til I see her again. I have peace about it, because I know where she is, but my grief is still very very raw. I'll be praying for you. Love you girl.

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

"Courage is being scared to death... but saddling up anyway" ***John Wayne

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/iloveyoumom

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  04:30:55 AM  Show Profile
I am so truly blessed here to meet up with old friends and make new. Each one of you have touched my heart and I will print your responses to keep in a journal to reread when I need your strenth

Jeannie invited me to share favorite memory and I hope everyone else would do the same.
I am an only child and mom, dad & I had a good family life. I am blessed with many happy memories. To share one or maybe a combo of many; my dad couldn't sing a lick but that never stopped him. He had a heart for Christian music and belted out to the Lord with joy! He also had a like for the Beach Boys & Bob Segar. Old Time Rock & Roll would come on and no matter who was around he would get into his singing stance (kind of a little jump/hop dance move) and sing it out. He was so remembered for that we ended his funeral with our church band playing it! We would go to the races in Watkins Glenn New York every year and we ended up there for my 16 birthday and to this day my best friend remembers him singing to me.

Please share some more ladies, if you can. HUGS to you all!
Bonnie

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  4:21:26 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie, tears are so okay, it is part of the process. I lost my husband last December. I still have days where I cry. Grief is an interesting journey. I know I will see my husband again someday. Our faith in the Lord is strong, but I still miss him so much. The hurt does get better, but it takes time. Let it. I still have days I don't want to get out of bed, but I do cause, life goes on. By your posts you sound like you are doing fine. Grieve, God gave that to us. Let the tears flow, it is part of our healing. Your verse in your tagline is one to truly cling to. We can rejoice even in the midst of the hurt. Hang in there Sister!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Hello Again..needing some farmgirl Wisdom Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page