junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  4:03:56 PM  Show Profile
I'm watching the news right now and they were talking about how the moon seems to have more water than previously thought. Remember a month or so ago, it was decided to send a rocket(?) into the moon to cause an explosion to see if water existed? At the time, it really disturbed me...the idea to cause some damage (although it's argued that explosions happen all the time on the moon) to a beautiful planet that on a clear night shines full and bright. To me, it just means the beginning of the end...people venture into a new territory and you know that eventually it'll be ruined. I bet all the wealthy people who have reserved tickets to travel to the moon are like...'Cool! A new place to travel and vacation in the near future!'....Ugh! The moon is so important in the balance of our tides and the Earth in general. Why don't we concentrate on this planet and really try to undo all the damage that we've already caused? When man made that first step on the moon in 1969, at the time I thought that was a miracle....but now I wish we never took that step. I guess that this all sounds silly, but it makes me sad.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  4:15:27 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I'm just with you all the way...I'm saddened and scared of what we will do to our beautiful moon....why can't they just leave it alone? I, too, think that we need to work on our own planet. If there are too many people in the world, then we need to have fewer children, and cherish the earth that we have by doing so. We should not colonize the moon to avoid taking care of the earth and its problems.
It is really worrying me too.
Just my ol' hippy girl opinion.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  4:57:36 PM  Show Profile
All I can say is Ditto.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  6:52:23 PM  Show Profile
Unfortunitly, humans seem more like parasites. we are great at inhabiting and destroying then moving on. i hope we dont abandon earth for the moon. or more likely the earth will become the slum. :(

Karen ^_^

http://frommisstomissus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  9:43:51 PM  Show Profile
Ack, this reminds me of science fiction--like the Martian Chronicles...you destroy your planet, go to another planet, and then systematically make it into another version of Earth only to destroy IT as well. I sometimes wonder about human beings.

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

And *NEW* Blogs:
Life: www.wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com
art/dolls: www.wildatheartart.blogspot.com
Plan to save America the old fashioned way!
http://wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com/2009/05/big-project.html
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  10:17:59 PM  Show Profile
I think we should leave the moon alone but I'm not too worried about it being colonized--people would go crazy if they had to live on the moon for long periods of time. It happens in some of the arctic regions--that much barreness and darkness does weird things to people. What really scares me is that some people want to send our TRASH into outer space. Can you imagine--they look at the stars and see a celestial space dump. Walt Whitman, where are you when we need you?
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  07:23:47 AM  Show Profile
I remember when this country started sending up satellites to orbit the earth. My grandma said "Now we can garbage up the sky too". Sad but true. And shooting at the moon! Ugh! When we have such problems here on earth ... starving children, wars without end, people who can't access health care for lack of money. So many better ways to use those funds to help earth's citizens. What a waste!

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  08:32:40 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
I second that, Sharon!

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  09:21:14 AM  Show Profile
Okay
what if it does and they send people up there
then they find viruses and things we never dream of
you know things that are bad .
They really don't know what is up there
There could be something in the water etc to make one sick.
I think they need to use that money here on the sick, home less and the starving.
Just my thoughts. hugs sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativewritings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  8:50:53 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Zan! I always think of science fiction first thing when I read one of these stories. Like, uh-oh, it's starting. Next thing you know we're all going to be space exiles searching for an atmosphere that won't kill us.
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  05:43:44 AM  Show Profile
Yeah...that's right! There's a lot of garbage floating around in the atmosphere already, and I wish the notion of moving onto another planet remained FICTION, for the movies and books, but it looks like it's become a reality. I also wonder about our species...how greedy and careless we've become.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  1:45:57 PM  Show Profile
I walked around the block today with an empty garbage bag. It was full before I got back to my house. We can't even keep earth clean we have no right to destroy the moon. When you were a child did you watch the Jetson cartoon? 90% of that is now reality.

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  2:01:22 PM  Show Profile
OMGosh...ditto-ditto-ditto....to every one of your comments. I've said all of that to my DH who watches nothing BUT Sci-fy and he thinks it's just great, and "Don't you want to go on vacation to the moon?" NO!! I still haven't seen all of the earth, thank you!
I'm glad Diane, that I'm not the only one who picks up garbage everytime I take a walk. DH laughs at me....but....I saw him do it too! lol

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  12:37:37 PM  Show Profile
I walk for excerise bending down to pick up trash is good for the heart and soul. Judy, a dear friend of mine who is 90ish and bent over from her spine not working well walks to the neighbors house every day. I'ts about a 1/2 mile walk one way and she picks up garbage also so we are not alone. Thank-God. I wish people would just stop the littering, until they do it's part of my excerise program.

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I dunno...... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page