Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 new pygmy baby is it to cold out
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic new pygmy baby is it to cold out Next Topic  

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  8:25:38 PM  Show Profile
my friend called her goat just had a baby. its going tobe in the 20s/. the goat is in a insulated mini shed with thick hay and microwave heat warmer pads made for beds.so is this going to work? its late here in oregon. i do not want to get up sherrye thanks girls

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  8:34:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I think she should be okay if they are insulated and is the goat in with it's mom? I think they should be fine.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  8:39:26 PM  Show Profile
oh alee thanks for responding she is with the mama. not sure if more babies to come or not. will go tomorrow and bring them here i have a barn spot i can warm up. we have a big storm brewing. it sure cannot be very big. these are pygmies. i have never seen a pygmy baby yet
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  9:22:40 PM  Show Profile
Hey Sherrye--long as the babies are dry and there is a heat source I think they will be ok, too.

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

And *NEW* Blogs:
Life: www.wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com
art/dolls: www.wildatheartart.blogspot.com
Plan to save America the old fashioned way!
http://wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com/2009/05/big-project.html
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  2:57:02 PM  Show Profile
hi girls, wanted to say the baby is doing great so far. we had to get a spot in our goat barn ready today. so it seemed like all day beforew we could go see her. yes its a girl. my friend is so excited. very cute. do pygmy goats always have beautiful blue eyes?i did as you suggest kris. i carried the baby in my arms and ran the car heater on her while we drove back to the house. now they have warm mollasses i can not spell it either lol water. goat grain with nutri drench on it and boysenberry leaves. i think i saw a post that said raspberry and blackberry were good for milk. anything else i should do. they have a red heat lamp in a insulated little barn. i have a panel between her and my ginger goat lamanche. they rubbed noses through the wire. suggestions anyone. should i control the grain or free feed the mama grain in a bowl? thanks sherrye
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic new pygmy baby is it to cold out Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page