kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  1:02:05 PM  Show Profile
I had a roast thawed out since Sat. so I thought I'd better get it in the oven today. I have a cast iron enamel cooker. So I put in some olive oil and turned it up real high. Seasoned the roast and browned it real good on both sides. I put about a cup of Burgandy in it and some garlic and bay leaves and put it in the oven on 300. It smells too good right now. I cut up some carrots and onions about an hour ago and the meat is so tender. I can't wait to eat it. Me and Kansas have already sampled it. Yummy! Just gotta wait on the potatoes. Then it's dinner time.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  1:04:52 PM  Show Profile
Sounds good. I'll be down after work.

You sound just like me, though--I had a pork roast thawed for dinner on Monday, but it didn't thaw until yesterday, but we were having supper with my in-laws, so it's in the crockpot tonight with some onions, apples, cider, brown sugar and herbs. Will make the gravy when I get home and serve with some buttered egg noodles. Who needs a veggie!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  2:08:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh Kris! That sounds sooo good! I wish I was having dinner at your house tonight!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  2:54:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh yummy. Hubby and I did one yesterday in the crock pot. Grass fed, too. We put some onion soup mix in there, and some carrots and onions. I had mine with brown rice, though. Yummy yummy!

www.happilyeverafterhosanna.blogspot.com
www.thewindofheaven.blogspot.com
www.CarolinaRoses.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  3:25:21 PM  Show Profile
Well, it was very good and tender, too. The Burgandy gave it a pretty color and sweet taste. Kansas ate the whole plateful. I am full now.

Jonni and Hosanna, ya'lls sounds really good, too. I made pork roasts like that with the cider. Real good.

Come on over, Alee. There's a little bit left. A friend came tonight to do a little digging on the water line to get ready for Saturday and the real work. I fixed him a plate to take home with him. It sure made the house smell good.

Happy eating, ya'll!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  5:02:04 PM  Show Profile
Kris:
Gee!!!! I can smell that roast from here! LOL.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  6:34:30 PM  Show Profile
my belted steer was good last night. we had seared rib eye stks. with boiled potatoes drom the garden and butter made from buttercups cream. and a dash of chicken gravy leftover in the fridge. i think i will cook a pork roast tomorrow with the cider sounds so good and the brown sugar. sugar is my middle name lol love to eat sherrye
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Yum! Chuck Roast. in the Oven. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page