Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 Keeping in Touch
 Extreme Home Makeover in my city!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Extreme Home Makeover in my city! Next Topic  

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  8:31:08 PM  Show Profile
Volunteering at Extreme Home Makeover!

Guess what girls; I am so excited!

Extreme Home Makeover is here in Buffalo and re-doing a house this week. I had signed up to volunteer for nonlaborous type work. They said that 4,500 people signed up for this but they could not use everyone!

Well, I was one of the lucky ones chosen! I have two shifts so far, the first one being tomorrow afternoon from noon to 7 pm.

I am so happy to be able to help out this family with a much needed home, hope I can be there for the homecomming for the family!

Just wanted to share and I will keep you posted on how it was!

Sue Feely
Sister #349

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  9:05:04 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
YAY . . . good for you!!

Keep us posted as to how it goes and all that stuff!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  04:31:48 AM  Show Profile
Oh how fun make sure you get pics, I love that show and Ty is just a cutie, Well I love them all Michael, Paige, Paul, Ed, what a joy to work for a family in need. You are a blessing! Have fun!
Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  08:25:49 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Sue, this is so awesome! what a blessing you will be to those that get to serve with you... can't wait for all the details.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  10:42:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
oh my that just sounds like so much fun!!!

"My ideal day is sitting on the back porch, cup of green tea in hand, slippers on, and just watch the cows in the pasture"

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

traceyg
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Tracey
Grosse Ile Michigan
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  11:39:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sue,
How exciting!! Please let us know when the show will air and be sure to post a photo of yourself here, before it does, so we can look for you!!!

I always cry when I watch that show!!

Thanks for sharing your good news!!
Hugs,
Tracey

Life is sweet ... Bee happy!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  11:52:37 AM  Show Profile
How fun, Sue! I hope you are there for the homecoming. That's my favorite Sunday show. I watch it all the time. I missed most of it last night because I had to take hubby to his truck. Kelly Pickler was there. Be sure to give Ty a big ole kiss from me! And have a great time. You are doing a good thing. Do you know this family?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  11:56:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
What a cool opportunity! Have lots of fun!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  3:18:15 PM  Show Profile
Update -

Went to the volunteer site this noon and I volunteered to help serve and clean up food for the volunteers.

Another woman I was talking to said she had an appointment mid afternnoon with the design team as an seamstress! So I went with her to the meeting and wrangled my way in to be a seamstress also; which they needed more of anyway. There are about 15-20 of us.

We will be making all draperies, duvet covers and pillows for the whole house and need to present them to the house Friday evening at 6 pm! Ob boy, 3 1/2 days for a lot of work.

Some of these women are professional seamstresses and have their own businessiness (I am not one of them; only a wanna be).

One of the women has an empty office floor downtown that we are using to meet each day and work together!

Oh and one more thing. Each of our names will be in the credits and if we should have our own business that will be added to the credits also and we will each receive a video of the homes interior showing all that we have done. So these lucky others whom have their own business can show prospective customers their handiwork that they did from Extreme Home Makeover Buffalo edition!

I will keep you updated as to how it is going! It sure is exciting and very well organized!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  3:52:18 PM  Show Profile
Boy sue, you might become famous! I have been watching this on the news and in the paper. How lucky that you were chosen out of so many.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  7:46:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is awesome Sue!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  9:56:54 PM  Show Profile
Sue I am so jealous. I do enjoy working on a show and all of the hard work it goes but once you get to see it on the screen it's a total sense of pride and to be doing it for such an awesome cause. Keep us posted and let us know when it will be aired! Good job in networking and getting into the designing part of the job!
Farm girl Hugs!

Laura Marie #369
www.lauramariedesign.com
http://countrygirllauramarie.blogspot.com/
"It's not the size of the farm but the size of your heart!"
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  11:09:09 PM  Show Profile
Way to go Sue. Will be looking forward to seeing your handy work!

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!
I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  12:05:26 PM  Show Profile
When will this episode aire?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  2:26:47 PM  Show Profile
How cool! I love that show! Good for You!!!!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  8:35:35 PM  Show Profile
Having a ball doing this! Ten hour days to get things done but it flies by and seems like only two hours! Learning so much; I have only make very simple curtains before this, we are working with massave amounts of material, making new friends and learning, learning, learning, tired but happy.

I don't know when the episode will air, they say 2-3 months. We will know ahead of time so then I will let you know. Thats it for now give you an update tomorrow evening!
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  10:23:45 PM  Show Profile
It's finished! Wish it was not over! One of the best experiences of my life!

We finished all the draperies, pillows and duvets and such. We actually got into the home Friday evening to put up the drapes and such. We were told to be there at 8:30 pm. That was a joke, they were still painting and wallpapering and no hardware was installed for us to hand drapes. We were in the house for 3 hours. We were then told we could come back about 4 am and then they would be ready for us, unfortunately we did not get to hand our own work but were assured that they have experts on staff that would take care of it.

I did not go to the "move that bus" reveal, would have been standing around for about 7 hours for that to happen!

I have made 16 new friends and we are supposed to get together soon! I did take some pics of random things being made and when I figure it out I will post some!

The end!

Sue Feely
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  12:38:54 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
WOW! I can't wait to see pictures!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  12:41:42 AM  Show Profile
OH SUE!! That was awesome! I love LOVE that show and watch it every time it airs. WOW what a wonderful opportunity for you. And so great to have met and worked with all of those volunteers. YAY for you.

Will see when they air it here, lol. I can tell I KNEW HER WHEN haha ;)

Hugs

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Extreme Home Makeover in my city! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page