Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 My neighbors need all the Prayers they can get...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My neighbors need all the Prayers they can get... Next Topic
Page: of 2

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  6:36:00 PM  Show Profile
Their 2 daughters were coming home from town this afternoon, and a man suspected to be drunk, ran a stop sign at an estimated speed of 80, Lucinda (18) was driving, she was killed instantly, Victoria (15) is on life support, she was medi-vaced to a large trauma center about an hour and a half away. This family lost their only son 5 yrs ago in Iraq, and now their 2 remaining children, 1 is dead and the other is fighting for her life. this are a family that everyone dreams of having for neighbors, they would give you the shirts off their backs, and now this. The man who caused this got a broken wrist, and a couple of bruises, this is just so unfair.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  6:46:47 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Sending lots of love and prayers. Please let us know how things go for Victoria.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  6:47:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh Teresa how terrible. I'm so sorry about this. Prayers coming your way to pass along. So sad, those poor people. Let us know if there's anything we can do :(

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  6:53:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh dear !I'm so terribly sorry for these poor people. Sending lots of love and prayers for comfort and strength. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do. This is so terribly sad.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  6:55:42 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear about this tragedy! How much loss can one family possibly endure? Please let us know if there's anything else (besides prayer and positive thoughts) that we can do.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  7:44:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh that is so sad! My heart goes out to them!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  8:45:14 PM  Show Profile
Prayers sent. I have been hit by 2 drunk drivers in my life and I have pain daily because of it. The drunk driver never gets hurt.
Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  9:56:56 PM  Show Profile
So sorry to hear this. I am a massage therapist and I work on a neighbor girl who was in just this sort of wreck 2 years ago. She has survived but is brain damaged. There is much going on in that field now so she has been improving. But I have followed her story since the accident and I know how devestating it is. The families life changed forever. I would like to say that the drunk womans life changed too but I am not at all sure that it has.

I will say that the family I know says that prayers were felt from the beginning. I will pray for your neighbor family too.

Farmgirl Sister #758
www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com
http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
http://healthtalkcafe.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  04:44:46 AM  Show Profile
Prayers will be said for this family. So sorry to hear such a tragedy.

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  07:11:22 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
A true tragedy!! Please know that I am in prayer for this family . .
Keep us posted!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  07:22:26 AM  Show Profile
My heart breaks for this family. Having lost a child I know the horrendous grief and pain you go through. But, for this family to loose possibly all their children, I can barely breath feeling the pain they must have. Maybe there will be a miracle and their daughter will survive. I pray for this with all my heart.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  08:08:23 AM  Show Profile
The news this morn is not good, Victoria is not waking up, and the Doctors don't think she will. She is in a deep coma, and her brain waves are very slight. I don't know how Maria and Marcello are going to get thru this. I can't even imangine losing 1 child, let alone all of them. We are NEVER supposed to out live our children. Thanks girls for all your prayers and kind thoughts.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  08:33:53 AM  Show Profile
This is so awful that Maria and Marcello have to go through this terrible and senseless tragedy. I'm so terribly sad for these young ladies. To lose one's life as it is just starting to bloom. I will keep all of them wrapped in love and hope for Victoria to make a turn around.
Let us know if there is anything that we can do. Why, why, why do people drive drunk?

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  09:07:37 AM  Show Profile
Annika, I have never understood why people drink til they are drunk to begin with, then get in a vehical and drive. The girls were in a small Honda car, and the drunk was in a 1 ton dually. This man was charged with vehicular manslaughter and probally only do 5 years in prison. I think anyone who drives drunk should be charged with attempted murder, and if they do kill someone, it should be "MURDER".

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  09:16:24 AM  Show Profile
Amen! Me too Teresa. If you kill someone it should be murder unless in self defence or defence of another!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  09:40:30 AM  Show Profile
Teresa:
They will be in my prayers. How sad is this!!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  3:32:35 PM  Show Profile
Horrible news, I just got home from driving Marcello and Maria down to the hospital, Victoria was taken off life support this afternoon. The nurse called this morn and asked me to come in, and they asked me to drive them home, I almost could not drive, my heart felt like it has been wrenched out. I met this family when they first moved here and bought their farm. I was there to greet each child coming home from the hospital when they were born. This family was there for anyone and everyone who ever needed help of anykind , including me when my hubby was first diagnoced with cancer, all the way to the end when he passed. They are family, I was there when their sond body came home, thru his burial, and I will be there for them , as they bury their two presious daughters. Thank you for all your prayers, and please continue for Maria and Marcello, cause they will need them...

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  3:39:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh Teresa, Tho' I expected this, I'm in tears. I will send prayers for them both and may their beautiful daughters rest in peace.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  6:20:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh what horrible news, This family will be in prayers and you too as you stand by them and help them. You are a great friend. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  6:51:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh Teresa I suspected this was coming after your morning update. I'm so sorry, prayers for that family and for you to hold them up. Take care of yourself please and let us know if you need anything.

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  8:33:10 PM  Show Profile
Because of my experience with my neighbor, I was thinking this might not happen. But,it has and now it is to be dealt with. Oh, Teresa, my heart breaks for them. What a dark time in their lives.

Nothing much else to do but pray.

Farmgirl Sister #758
www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com
http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
http://healthtalkcafe.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  9:08:14 PM  Show Profile
What a horrible thing to go through. Teressa please know that the family is in my prayers and thoughts through this unbearable time. I can't even begin to know what the anger and pain must be like. At least we know they are all together in a place where there is no more pain.
Farm Girl Hugs!

Laura Marie #369
www.lauramariedesign.com
http://countrygirllauramarie.blogspot.com/
"It's not the size of the farm but the size of your heart!"
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  12:05:21 PM  Show Profile
How awful, Teresa. I just read this thread for the first time, today, though it appears that even good thoughts and prayers couldn't keep their poor girl here on this earth. Bless this family at this time and always. Such an unbearable thing to happen.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  12:15:49 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Teresa . . .
What a terrible loss!! What pain, heartache and suffering for this family!!! I will be in prayer for them. I will pray for you as you stand by them . . . and as you go through your own dealings.
SENDING MY PRAYERS!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  4:30:42 PM  Show Profile
The funeral is going to be Saturday, just Maria,Marcello and my son, his wife, my daughter and her fiance, and I. Marcello's family is all in Spain, and Maria has none. We are going to have friends and neighbors over to my home afterwards. I want to thank all of you that sent prayers and kind thoughts, believe me they were felt. I will convay all your posts when the time is right.

Go to Top of Page

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  5:51:35 PM  Show Profile
Keeping them in my prayers.

Merry
Farmgirl #536

http://iowafoodcoop.blogspot.com

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

Don't pray for a lighter load, pray for a stronger back.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My neighbors need all the Prayers they can get... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page