Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Gulf Coast Get Ready Next Topic  

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  5:48:41 PM  Show Profile
The Weather Channel is saying that Hurricane Ida is going to hit somewhere along the Gulf Coast. Be careful all! Time to get prepared. We'll listen to the weather in the morning, then do what we have to do. Hopefully this hurricane will not turn more westerly. I'm hoping it just disapates out in the Gulf. Good luck to everyone on the Gulf Coast.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  6:01:31 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Please let us know if you need anything. Praying you all ya'll are safe and dry. (((HUGS)))

Heather

"Hitch your wagon to a star"

http://somewheredownintexas-heather.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  6:24:08 PM  Show Profile
You and everyone else living on the Gulf coast is in my prayers.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  6:50:53 PM  Show Profile
Prayers & well wishes for the Gulf Coast. Please check in asap.

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  6:56:09 PM  Show Profile
Keeping you all wrapped in a big hug...be careful and please check in and let us know you are ok?

*HUGS*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  8:21:57 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all. The flooding part is the part that is worrying me and my dh. Please continue to pray. Thanks, again.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  09:56:55 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for the thoughts. I have been to the store, gas station, bank and now I am doing all the things that require electricity, like vacuuming and catching up on laundry. Hope it is all for nothing though! You can never tell about these storms. This one may be windier than some we have had for awhile. Even though it has been downgraded to a tropical storm now.....

Marly, I hope you don't have flooding. Thinking of you. Rain we can handle here, but we are so full of tall trees, that it only takes one to fall on my brand new roof!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  4:46:23 PM  Show Profile
Shirley Jean:
Southwest Louisiana is spared this time. Much luck to y'all in Florida. I'll be thinking about you. Hang in there.
The water here around the house is rising, but where we live the house is surrounded by water. The weather men are reported maybe 2 feet of water. I'm praying that's all it is.
Keep us posted on you and your family. I'll be checking the site to see when you post. Take care.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  05:11:26 AM  Show Profile
Marly, so glad to hear the worst of it missed you there. We are getting rain here. It started last night and is still raining now. Yuck. More mud. But that's ok. We are so out of drought conditions now, thankfully. Do you have animals? I always wondered how people make it through all these hurricanes on a farm. Do the animals just fend for themselves? I would just go crazy trying to get them all out of there. Anyway, glad to see you're ok. I hope the water quits rising.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  05:13:02 AM  Show Profile
Shirley Jean, how are things there this morning? Hope you still have power. My parents are in S. Ga. and they were supposed to get some of this mess, too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  09:45:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kris:
Happy to hear your area is out of the drought conditions. I don't have farm animals, but I do have 5 outside cats. When the last Hurricane (Ike) flooded us, before we had to live, we made high shelves in my dh outside workshop. All of the outside cats were fine, a bit shaking up. One of my neighbors had decided to stay. They had no idea we'd have another flood. They would come by (in their boat) to feed the cats and put fresh water for them. I tried to catch them to cage them. I was going to take them all to a local vet. Those cats knew something was going on, there was no way they'd let me near them. LOL
So happy all of you are okay.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  12:04:16 PM  Show Profile
I went out yesterday and it rained the whole time. Not much fun at all. But today had to go back to town and saw a bunch of flooding all over. Even a poor cow by itself on a little dry spot. It must have gotten lost because all the other cows and horses were over on the other dry piece of land about a foot ball field away. Poor cow. But there is water all over the place. Ewven my garden are a little under water today.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  1:00:04 PM  Show Profile
Kris:
I hope your house didn't get any water!!!!!!! After the two floods here in SW Louisiana, I saw so many dead horses, cows, etc... that was just too sad. Then one day I saw this mountain. Well, as you know, we don't have mountains in Louisiana. The farmers, etc... had moved all the dead animals in a pile to burn them. I cried for days just seeing and realizing what it was. Any who! Happy to know you are okay.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  1:03:05 PM  Show Profile
Been worried about you all in the Gulf region. Wishing you drier days ahead, and safety and warmth in your houses.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  4:12:45 PM  Show Profile
Marly, how sad. But I guess they had to do it. I would be crying, too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  4:28:43 PM  Show Profile
Well, it was windy and it was rainy, but it was not scary! Thank you God. It deteriorated a lot as it came ashore, and we needed the rain. Thank you for all your prayers. I never take these storms lightly, as I did once and regretted it. That was Kate in 1985. It taught me what a hurricane can do, and I always prepare. But we were fortunate once again.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  5:24:11 PM  Show Profile
Amen to that, Shirley Jean. So happy you are okay.
Kris: It was sad. Just at the mention of Hurricane Ida last week, all the area farmers were getting their cattle and horses out early. It was good to see that.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Gulf Coast Get Ready Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page