Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  6:50:13 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone seen a chiropractor? I started seeing one this week for some severs back and neck problems. The chiro said I should plan to see him 3 times a week for a few months then taper down. I know my problems are pretty major and have been going on for a long time, but does this sound normal? I am feeling some relief, but its not painless yet.

I wound up in the ER on Halloween night because a nerve in my neck was pinched and I took an ibuprofen and it killed my tummy. They ave me hydrocodone but I hate that druggy feeling. I have been using arnice topically and by mouth.

Any thoughts on the chiro?

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  7:04:34 PM  Show Profile
That sounds right. You know this didn't happen over night so it will take awhile to get everything back where it should be. You don't want just a cover up with pain pills you want a solution. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Nov 07 2009 7:06:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  8:09:44 PM  Show Profile
It sounds about right to get things back in order. I only go about once every 4-6 weeks now to get a "tune-up"

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  09:05:12 AM  Show Profile
Thanks. I wondered if it was the norm. I will keep going.
Go to Top of Page

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  12:33:47 PM  Show Profile
If it wasn't for my chiropractor and later physio I wouldn't be walking. Takes time to fix things that have been building up but it is worth it to stick to it.

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  5:53:08 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Ingrid. My chiropractor did a world of good for my back! I'd say, stick with it. Here's hoping you fast relief.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  8:22:09 PM  Show Profile
Yup. I go to one too. We started with a few times a week and now I am down to once a month. I would have wicked lower back pain and he's the first person to tell me I had one leg shorter than the other. Quite a significant amount too! I got my mom going too. It's good to get you back though it takes time, and good overall maintenance. My sister in law goes about once a year now.

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  8:30:43 PM  Show Profile
Thats good to know. One side of my hips is farther forward than the other. Something with the sacroiliac joint. I have been walking out of alignment for years. From the top of my neck to my tail bone, I have things going on. I will go 3 times a week till the end of the year, because of tummy issues I have maxed out some of the insurance so its cheaper. After the first of the year I can afford that many visits. I hope its better by then.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9327 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9327 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  06:14:30 AM  Show Profile
Robin,
That is fairly normal because they like to get a handle on it before they start doing ocassional adjustments. I have gone to the chiropractor for almost 17 years now and depending on what is going on in life it can be as long as 3 weeks or as few as once a week. I have done different things through my time with him where he will start me back on the twice a week until we get it under control. Mostly, they are all about the same when you first start going to them it gives them a chance to get to know what is going on and how you are responding to treatments. I am grateful for Chiropractors as mine has kept me moving all these years.

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

twink
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

Deb
Rapid City SD
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  08:53:45 AM  Show Profile
It's been my personal experience that chiropractors are essential to life, especially if you want a life free from pain (most of the time). They're wonderful, but sometimes we humans wait too long and then we're unfixable. Sorta like what you did, from the sound of things.

As with almost anything, though, there are good and bad chiro's. A good one will take the time to make sure your muscles (especially the neck/shoulder area) are relaxed and loose before the adjustment. I don't know about anyone else, but if I'm all uptight and tense there's just no way I'm gonna get a good adjustment.

I had to shop around a while to find a really good one, but I finally did and he's helped me in untold ways. I sometimes see his partner if I need an unscheduled appointment or something, and he's good too, but not the same as my regular guy. So, see, we get used to things but it takes time.

BTW, my DH is a retired EMT -- oh the stories I could tell you about some of the stuff he's encountered with supposedly "safe" OTC meds and the mind-set of the general public. It's astounding how much faith people have in man-made chemical concoctions, never thinking they may also cause harm! It's the collateral damage that concerns me, moreso than the immediate damage.

I sincerely hope your chiro helps your back and neck problems. Also, a good massage is worth its weight in gold, too. Something to think about.

-Deb

http://healthtalk.6.forumer.com/index.php

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you'll land amongst the stars. - Anonymous
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic chiropractor Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page