Author Family Matters: Previous Topic What to do??? Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  2:02:49 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I just need to vent a little...I have found out several things about someone I was in the Navy with whom frankly, I just disagree with her choices in several areas of her life. That is my honest truth. I am struggling to deal with this because she is a nice person in general but certain choices she has made over the past year or so are against what I believe in, on these issues.It's been slowing building and I feel like I am at a crossroads with all of this. I am one of those people that wears her heart on her sleeve and when I am not happy or 100% behind something, it shows in my face BIG TIME!!! I am struggling to be a better person and rise above this, but it is really a problem for me. She is aware of this and feels like I am judging her. I am trying to be nice but don't I have to be true to myself at the end of the day??? I just am trying to prevent drama and maybe a clean break is the only way. UGH!!

Heather

"Hitch your wagon to a star"

http://somewheredownintexas-heather.blogspot.com

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  3:08:51 PM  Show Profile
Heather, if it were me and it was upsetting me, I'd be polite and as nice as I could be, but I'd tell her the truth...not the way to avoid drama I know, but...
I don't know what your differences are and I don't know your history with her, but that is what I would do. You have to live with yourself and be true to you own inner compass, as it were. If associating with this gal is buggin' you and you can't deal with her life style, let it go and make a clean break. If she throws a hissy fit, at least your were honest.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  12:16:11 AM  Show Profile
What Annika said...

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  07:45:12 AM  Show Profile
Heather, if this upsets you so much, I know there are good reasons behind it. I feel that if it is not something that you can live with and still stay feeling good about yourself or your friend, then you should just end the friendship. Tell her you are sorry to have to do this but you just are not comfortable with her choices. If things go against what you believe in, then it is time for a change. You are too honest a person to pretend you are ok with bad choices she has made. Maybe in the long run it will help her and she will reconsider her lifestyle.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  09:27:02 AM  Show Profile
Amen Mary Jane! Same advice I would give.

We have no control over how OTHER people live their lives or what they believe. All we can do is be true to ourselves. Like the other ladies said Heather, if this person bugs you so much, best thing to do is try to part on friendly terms. If that can't be done, then , a clean break is best. There are lots of other people in this world who are looking for "Kindred Spirits" and life is too short to waste it on those who make the hair stand up on our head and our ire bubble up every time we get around them! Best wishes hon ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  6:54:25 PM  Show Profile
I agree with all the above. and if she throws a hissy fit. let her...Just walk away and let her. Stay true to yourself..

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic What to do??? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page