LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  07:45:39 AM  Show Profile
I like QuiltChicks! Our logo could be a hen with a quilt wrapped around her shoulders or something! ;)
I'm no good at coming up with names, so you all will have to do that!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

If you rest, you rust. Helen Hayes

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  08:40:53 AM  Show Profile
Well it sounds like nice idea but frankly I don't like the idea of having to pay for using it by having to buy into the sisterhood thingy. I know I am not suppose to say things like that but I did. We can do the same thing here for free. We can talk about it and do whatever we want right here.

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  1:24:41 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Girls so glad that you like the idea of a henhouse... I think the name QuiltChicks is a cute one. Beverly, while I can certainly understand your feelings and we wouldn't want anyone to feel that they have to join the sisterhood, I was just putting it out there that it is available and offers an easy access to specific group info. It is what the henhouses were designed for. I also feel that this site offers a lot for FREE and that the Henhouses are just one of the many benefits the $20 annual sisterhood fee offers.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  2:28:39 PM  Show Profile
I can't see how an annual fee of $20 can say that they offer FREE things. since you already paid for them annually. JMHO Beverley with the extra E

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  2:56:08 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Beverley,
Yes, that could have been confusing. What I meant to say was.. there are a lot of things offered for Free as for being a farmgirl (i.e patterns, chapter packets, the blogs, the forum itself...) certainly the things that are available to the sisterhood-sisters would be considered benefits.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

coffeemom
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Melody
Carlinville IL
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  7:18:18 PM  Show Profile
So do any of you want to start the QuiltChicks club? I think it would be fun. And we can still talk in the Stitching and Crafting room for anyone who doesn't want to join so no one will feel left out. Any other Farm Girls you know who quilt that may be interested?
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  7:36:10 PM  Show Profile
I might be but am not sure I can do the 20 dollars right now...but I love the idea of it. I do hope we post here though too as I would not want anyone to be left out...that would be sad.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  2:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I am interested! I like the idea of a club of our own. I will still use the regular forum too. I don't want anyone to feel left out either.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  6:48:52 PM  Show Profile
I'm ready to start quilting, and I just posted a " Manly Man" charm square exchange on the Barter page. We are planning for an exchange of masculine themed 6 inch charm squares for making "guy quilts." I would do a signature quilt block exchange if it's not a hard one.
~ Mary LD
Texas
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  7:31:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi to all,
I don't know if you are thinking of me when you say you don't want to leave anyone behind cause I opened my big mouth and spouted off ,but please ladies don't feel bad at all if you want to start another group over on the hen house area. I will not feel left behind in the least. go have fun!! If you weren't thinking of me, then just forget I ever wrote this..hehehehehe

Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2009 :  9:32:54 PM  Show Profile
Beverley, do you know if we should start cutting out our 2.5" strips now, or wait till the day after Thanksgiving when the first
clues are given for the Mystery quilt?
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  12:50:47 PM  Show Profile
http://quiltville.com/carolinachristmas.shtml She says in this part that most of the quilt will be in 2 and a half strips and she also said she was using light beiges for her background and so if you had any 2 and a half inch squares you can pull those out. so she really doesn't say that all the fabric will be strips, so I was going to wait to cut mine , but I am sure if you cut some it would be ok. I just want to see how many are needed before I start cutting. that's just me...

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  1:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I am with you Beverley. I am waiting until the day after Thanksgiving. I can't wait to see how this quilt turns out. Is anyone else jumping on board for making this quilt?

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  3:59:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies, just can't wait to get started
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  7:00:16 PM  Show Profile
I hope you ladies will share your mystery quilt blocks as you go. I am working on a current project so I am passing on this mystery quilt but love to see what everyone is doing. Have some fun ladies

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  06:55:47 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies,
I would love to be included in the Quilt Club!!! Quilting is my passion and my livley hood. What do I need to do? How many are we? OOOOOh I am so excited!!!

Tina
Farmgirl #455
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  07:55:21 AM  Show Profile
Tina, If you go to quiltville.com some of us are going to do the Christmas mystery they have on there...and you don;t have to do anything but watch this thread and I think some of the girls are going to join the hen house and have some info over there but that is not necceasarily something you have to do to get the info.

Go to Top of Page

misspittypat
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

lila
osceola mo
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  08:23:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi girlies!

With Christmas coming, property taxes and of course propane -- and the fear of not having a home.... I can't justify the $20.00. So if someone decides to do something cheap let me know.

Lila
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  1:00:40 PM  Show Profile
Thankx for the info Beverly. I am heading to the henhouse. lol I wish I was realy heading to the henhouse for some fresh egg,(sigh) maybe next year.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  1:02:30 PM  Show Profile
well I am not going over to the hen house, I am just staying on this thread and the quiltville.com quilt is all done with scraps so if you have a stash , that would work, or if not I am sure we can all chip in and you could get enough scraps to make one. IF you don't have a stash just let me know what colors you would like to make it with and send me your address, I am sure we can work it out!!!

Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  1:04:23 PM  Show Profile
that last post I did was for misspittypat I forgot to put that on there..beverley

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  12:01:18 PM  Show Profile
I do a lot of quilting too. I don't belong to a guild or anything as I work full-time and there is very little time to commit to it. I do take classes at my local shop all of the time though. There are lots of quilt tops on my blog that I have worked on over the past year or so. Glad to see you all here!

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  6:57:03 PM  Show Profile
Question about " low loft wool batting":
Hello Ladies!
I have a potholder pattern that calls for 1/4 yard of low loft wool batting. Does anyone know how common this is in the stores? Is it sold in craft size or just large batts??
Thanks to anyone who writes back- we just moved and figuring out what I need will save a lot of time figuring out where to go get it!!
~ Mary LD
Texas
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  7:03:44 PM  Show Profile
low loft just means the skinny kind not the real full fluffy kind. now for being wool I am not sure where you will find that kind around you..

Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  7:21:10 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Beverly!
I looked around online, and most of what's out there is " medium loft" or not labelled. Quliter's Dream does have a craft sized batt-
I wonder how much it would hurt a potholder to be " mid loft'?
Hmmm
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilting Friends Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page