Page: of 3

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  08:17:21 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi sisters,
I really need some feedback about this....I am divorced...and wonder now if I can have a partnership with a man.
I'm dating a man that I dated several years ago...we saw each other only a few months and I fell so hard for him back then (never felt that way before or since). He stopped by to say hi a couple times in the last 4 years and now we are back "together" and he's somewhat cold to me but also wanting to move in together and talking marriage. He is 62 yrs old and I am 59....we agree we enjoy each others company and we want a com0panion for life. The problem is he is cold to me and acts like I am a friend with no deep feelings for. I am also tired of being criticized. yuk....of course it's not always bad and for the most part I really enjoy being around him.
I wake up now every night with memories of things he said and feeling like I don't want to spend my life with someone so cold and who seems to not even care about me.
I had oral surgery yesterday and he drove me there and back home but didn't want to do anything else for me...I kidded him about being my nurse now..and he was far from caring. Maybe he is just too selfish...so why do I still want to be around him?
Getting older with no family is lonely for me and it is nice to have someone there...but I still deserve to be loved!
Please tell me your ideas and opinions and experiences!

Linda in Scranton, PA

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  08:25:56 AM  Show Profile
You deserve to be loved. But if that's the caring, loving attitude you are getting while he is trying to "catch" you... I would hate to see it once he "has" you. My gut instinct... keep looking... sounds like this guy needs to stay in the friend zone.

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  08:33:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi Linda -

I agree with Angie - this isn't what you are looking for. I made the same mistake a number of years ago - settling for someone I knew wasn't right, but though it would be better than nothing. It lasted a few years until he found someone "better". I now have a wonderful man in my life and am so glad that the old one "dumped" me - and good luck to his new lady friend!

Keep your chin up and keep looking - the right one will come when the time is right!

Luanne

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  08:48:17 AM  Show Profile
If he treats you like a friend whom he doesn't have any deep feelings for, DON'T MARRY HIM! (Sorry about the all caps, but I couldn't help it.) Don't move in together; don't marry him. He is a friend. That's it. And not a 'warm' friend at that. Wouldn't a friend look after you and pamper you a bit after your surgery?? And not be critical all the time?

You DO deserve to be loved. Keep this guy, if at all, as a friend. And not a friend with benefits, unless you want your heart broken again.

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  08:50:04 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the feedback. I really need to look at this and writing helps to clarify....

at the very least I could use some compliments or positive words from him! All I hear about it what I don't do right and advice about what I need to change! He has NEVER complimented me...or said anything positive.
I'll have to speak up and get it out in the open....anyone want to privately email me? He thinks he already has me.

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  08:52:57 AM  Show Profile
You deserve love, respect and caring..if this guy is treating you like a friend, keep him as a friend. My goodness Linda! you deserve the best and it doesn't sound at all like a good thing. Please take care and don't marry him.
*hugs*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  09:10:29 AM  Show Profile
Run, Linda!!!! YOur heart is trying really hard to tell you something here. You SO deserve someone who loves you, and shows it by being warm, supportive, interested, and all the other great things that come with a relationship. I'd send him packing in a hurry, to free up your time for the right one to come along!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  09:22:51 AM  Show Profile
I agree with the farmgirls. Like Julie said, Run!!!!!!!!!!! If I had to describe a boyfriend, ex or not, as "cold", well.... no way for me, hit the highway I'd say!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  09:56:17 AM  Show Profile
Amen Angie and others! Life is too short to "settle" for a life partner. Keep looking!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  10:01:10 AM  Show Profile
Ditto

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  12:03:10 PM  Show Profile
Any amount of criticism is unacceptable. I second, third, fourth and fifth what has already been said- Run and don't stop until you can no longer see him. I think you already know that.

Karin

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
www.athreadofred.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  12:30:12 PM  Show Profile
Re-read the quotation on Bear5's post. Living each day to the fullest is not the same as "settling".
Then re-read your original post. You know there can be more to life and having someone there for life who doesn't make you feel good is a life sentence!
Some people have a hard time showing affection even when they feel it, but how do you know if they never tell you? Warmth, love and kindness are like nourishment to the spirit!

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.....
But you can be happy if you've a mind to. All you've gotta do in knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!"
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  1:40:57 PM  Show Profile
Kick him to the curb, he will only get worse!!!

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  1:57:12 PM  Show Profile
Honey, RUN don't walk to the nearest exit and don't look back. This would end up to be the relationship from hell.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  3:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
I agree with all the other posts! Run, don't walk!

Say to them, may the Lord bless you and protect you, May the Lord smile upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace. (Numbers 6:23-26)

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  5:36:57 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
hi sisters...your feedback and support and love is so appreciated.
This relationship is over now...came to a head today when I told him I am tired of being criticized...then of course I got a lecture about what I needed to change.
I didn't realize that I cared enough to cry but I did...after he left. Damn I thought I was too old for this!

Also this afternoon a former maintenance man from where I lived before showed up at my door here delivering my prescription. He was a dirty old man then...he's married too....and today he came in my house and followed me into my small kitchen and stood too close and asked me where he knew me from....he was a pervert back then and I confronted him today calling him a dirty old man...(I was afraid but didn't show it)....
You all can be proud of me that I called his employer...the drug store.. and talked to the manager and told them all about this guy....I told them to fire him. The manager said he will talk to him.... I called them and did the right thing.
Now I'll watch to see if they really fire him.
what a day this has been...

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  5:39:17 PM  Show Profile
If you reread what you wrote I think you will find you have already answered this for yourself. Trust your inner voice and dont settle just because it is whats available at the time. There are plenty of fish in the sea!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  5:40:17 PM  Show Profile
Linda I think we were typing at the same time! You will be happier in the long run! You go girl!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  6:05:28 PM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
You go girl!!! I am so proud of my sister farmgirl!!! I know how hard it is to stand up for oneself, and you did it!!!!!!! God blessed you!!! This would all be in caps if I could! I am sooooo proud of you! And thanks for getting a pervert 'off the street' so to speak!!!! Karen

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  6:25:07 PM  Show Profile
Hey Sister! GOOD FOR YOU!!!! *HUGS* I'm so proud of you and relieved that you made the choice that was right for you. And you go girl! that pervert had no business following you in to your home. I'm glad you are all right and that you called his employer on him.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  08:30:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
oh wow, what a day you've been having. I hope you find that special man to bring you warmth and happiness!

"My ideal day is sitting on the back porch, cup of green tea in hand, slippers on, and just watch the cows in the pasture"

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

SarahJ
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Shreveport Louisiana
198 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  08:42:29 AM  Show Profile
This is for the best, even though it is difficult. I think you were more attached to the picture in your head than you were to him. *hugs*

SarahJ

Farmgirl Sister #116

http://bayoumama.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  11:58:08 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi farmgirl sisters....I'm reading what you wrote and feeling loved and encouraged. Today is a good day.

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  12:05:34 PM  Show Profile
Hey Linda -

I'm glad you're doing better today and understand what all us girls were trying to tell you - you deserve not just someone better, you deserve the best!!!

Luanne

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  12:34:01 PM  Show Profile
Good for you, sister!
You had a tough but extremely brave day! We are proud of you. You did the right thing in both
situations.
Think of your tears as relief from the stress of ending a dead-end relationship.
There are good decent men out there. My prayers are for you emotional healing, your continued knowledge of your value and worth as a person and, if it's in God's plan a true partner for your future!

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.....
But you can be happy if you've a mind to. All you've gotta do in knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  12:53:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
good for you Linda! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8