magnoliakathy
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Kathryn
Magnolia Texas
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2009 :  07:22:29 AM  Show Profile
I wake up now every night with memories of things he said and feeling like I don't want to spend my life with someone so cold and who seems to not even care about me.

Girlfriend, your gut is saying "NO", listen to your inner farmgirl and don't do it. It is better to be alone, everyone deserves to be happy, keep looking, don't sell youself short.

When you free your mind your heart can fly. Farmgirl # 714,
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2009 :  08:21:14 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I agree with angie. If he treats you cold now how will he treat you when your married? I'd just take a little step back and be friends for a while. If you gut feeling is sending you warning signs then I would listen. And pray about it too.
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2009 :  09:11:02 AM  Show Profile
I agree with your feelings, if your laying awake wondering about this, I would act on that. You just go with your gut, your gut knows what your heart and mind needs. Sounds like he is not what your looking for. Blessings to you and I pray the situation unfolds in a way that makes your decision easy.

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

"Courage is being scared to death... but saddling up anyway" ***John Wayne

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/iloveyoumom

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2009 :  09:15:15 AM  Show Profile
Good for you!!!!

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

"Courage is being scared to death... but saddling up anyway" ***John Wayne

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/iloveyoumom

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2009 :  09:22:57 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Fargirl sisters, you have reminded me my self respect is important and what love really is. Life is good and I'm very happy to have your support.
huuuuggggsss to ya!!

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2009 :  6:04:15 PM  Show Profile
:o)

You're AWESOME, Linda!!!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766
(29 Sept 2009)
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2009 :  6:06:18 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I'm feeling the love from ya'll...sure needed it

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  07:48:58 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
linda, don't settle for anything less than what you deserve! hang in there, your man is out there somewhere!

What we write today slipped into our souls some other day when we were alone and doing nothing.
-Brenda Ueland

http://quilandneedle.blogspot.com/

http://musingandmuttering.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  08:54:14 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I'm gonna get a puppy instead. :-)

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  09:00:02 AM  Show Profile
Or a kitty cat ;)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  09:32:13 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
..lol had a feeling you'd say that Dutchy...
I'm extremely allergic to cats...wish I wasn't.

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  09:51:31 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I USED to be allergic to cats too (and still am to dogs :() But since I had Elvis and now Pinky. no problems. Well at least not as bad as with a doggy. I AM a dog person, but due to those allergies opted for Pinky. AND she is sweet :)

My personal blog:

Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  6:07:06 PM  Show Profile
Linda I'm catching up on the posts here and am very proud of you!
You didn't settle for less in a relationship and refused to be taken advantage of by "the pervert" & did what was right in both instances. Looks like you had a test involving setting your perameters,which you did! You keep it up girlfriend,and keep those heart string standards high!

http://www.pluckyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
http://www.mandochicks.com
http://mandolinbabe.net
http://www.mandolinbabe.com
http://www.mtndulcimer.com

@MandolinChick on Twitter
fingerpickin Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

MyGreenGravity
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Michelle
OH
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  04:22:11 AM  Show Profile
Phew...I am SO glad you dumped him. I was reading your post and the responses and could barely wait to get to the end of them so I could tell you to RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN...FAST!! I know of someone who was in this situation and HE married HER anyway. HE even knew it was the wrong thing to do, but he made himself overlook all the bad things anway. This woman was a con-artist and used this man for money only. Once he put a ring on her finger (even though he didn't really love her in his gut) that was when she showed her true nature. And wow, how nasty she really was. Stole his money, belittled him all the time, moved her horrible ADULT kids into the house and they don't work and one goes to jail regularly....it went on and on. This poor man is the kindest person, and he got conned so badly. Now people are stepping up telling the truth about her, and I wish they would have done that BEFORE he got fooled. They all want to know who she's going to use next! This is how people view her. My thoughts went to if you got money/the house after your divorce. Maybe this guy of yours is a user and interested in gaining from you somehow??? Who knows, but DO NOT GO BACK WITH THAT JERK, PLEASE. LIFE IS SHORT!! YOU'LL MEET A BETTER PERSON, JUST HOLD ON!!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  09:53:07 AM  Show Profile
Linda - we never get too old to learn and grow. Good for you for using your head and saving your heart a lot of wear and tear.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  10:14:57 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Happy day! I've got the money in my hot little hands...and a little man dog waiting for me to go get him to give him a new home. LOL I may have him neutered soon just to calm him down to be more gentle..but we'll see.
He's a 10 lb Chauhaua--can't spell and a couple years old and loves to play.
He's getting new sweaters and blankets and toys as soon as I can get them made!...and a new soft bed.. and treats and etc..... :=D
I've only seen pics and he looks adorable.
Now I'm sending messages to Stephanie, queenofdreams...to ask how she taught her little Miss Morgan things, like wear a diaper..lol

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  10:26:10 AM  Show Profile
YAY! I love my little armful of cuddles! He is a pure-bred Pomeranian and is just soooooo sweet. I just know you will love your little fella and give him such a wonderful home. Can't wait to hear about him and all the things that you do together!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  4:38:12 PM  Show Profile
I am sure it is loneley but you have to make sure you are treated like the Queen you are. I went through a few frogs until I met my Prince. You will find your Prince I am sure...I just read your post on the 3rd. I am sorry you had to indure what you did..And I a glad you did what you did...good for you...and I am also glad you didnt get hurt. Just keep looking and never settle...
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

luganlass
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Cindy
Petaluma CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  9:38:03 PM  Show Profile  Send luganlass a Yahoo! Message
I was wondering if anyone else was having dating issues as everyone on this site always refers to their wonderful hubbys and here you are...good for you for standing up for yourself. It's really nice to have a man and to be in a loving relationship but I have found peace and serenity in being with myself until the right person comes along....
You should check out farmersonly.com!
CC

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world". -JRR TOLKIEN
Go to Top of Page

rhondacate
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Rhonda
Janesville CA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  10:31:48 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by luganlass

I was wondering if anyone else was having dating issues as everyone on this site always refers to their wonderful hubbys and here you are...good for you for standing up for yourself. It's really nice to have a man and to be in a loving relationship but I have found peace and serenity in being with myself until the right person comes along....
You should check out farmersonly.com!
CC

I met my husband on FarmersOnly! We have been married for a little over a year and we dated for a couple of years before that. He is definitely wonderful!

~Rhonda

http://rmfo-blogs.com/rhonda
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  02:31:36 AM  Show Profile
OH Linda good for you! Enjoy your men dog and hope you have a great time woth HIM.

You deserve all the happiness in the world, WITH or without a man in your life. Love and hugs from me

My personal blog:

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  06:20:42 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
thanks Dutchy..
I sure enjoy my new puppy. Her name is Twiggy. She is called a Chorki...meaning half Yorkie and half Chihuahua. at 3 months she weighs about 3 lbs.

How are you doing?

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

LisaH
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Lisa
Granger IN
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  06:48:31 AM  Show Profile
You had a really rough day! I hope calmer and sunnier days are ahead of you. I have a sister-in-law that has been divorced now for a couple of years and it is very difficult to date and find the right person. She has given up on the whole dating scene for a while and I think that's a good thing. Get involved in some community things. Keep busy. Take a trip for singles. You never know where you'll meet Mr. Right. Being alone is scary, but being with someone that focuses only on the negative isn't the answer. It definitely isn't a healthy relationship and wouldn't justify feelings of loneliness. You'd still feel lonely and have someone in your life constantly telling you were basically worthless. Not good.

You did the right thing reporting that guy to the store. They need to be aware of how he makes people feel in their own homes. Predators come in all shapes, sizes and ages. Good for you for reporting him!

Have a good week!

Lisa
An Indiana Suburban Farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  07:10:09 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I came in late, after you already ended it, which I was really glad to hear. I am 58 and have been divorced from my 3rd husband for 19 years. I haven't even dated because there are no quality men available in my area. Truth be told that I am only recently, and only on occasion, wishing I had someone to share evenings with. Overall I like being alone because I am active in the community and in our Farmgirl Chapter so I have my outlets. I also work a 40 hour week.
I will never "settle" just to have someone around because life is too short to be unhappy. I have considered the online dating companies but, again, I like being alone.
Fill your life with your family, friends, farmgirls, hobbies and you will be fine. To me another person represents more laundry, more cooking and putting up with habits that irritate me.
Remember, when you stop looking, someone will come into your life, so relax and enjoy the good things that are in your life now.

Some people look for happiness, others create it.
Farmgirl hugs,
Rose

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!
Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  07:15:25 AM  Show Profile
Well it looks like you have a lot of support here. :D I understand the need for being accepted and loved. It is my oppinion that no one can give you true advise because we dont wear your shoes, we might wear similar shoes but I have found that NO situation is exactly allike cause you are the one and only YOU :D I am the one and only me. God made us that way. Our FEELINGS drive us to do many things. I would only suggest that you read your bible, pray, and be very careful. My heart goes out to you. Congrats on the furry man. He will lay by yourside and wish he could make you more comfortable.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic my "man"...?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page