Author Holidays: Previous Topic Thanksgiving Decorations Anyone Next Topic  

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  3:58:12 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone decorated for Thanksgiving yet? I hope I'm not too late. LOL. I'll start my decorations tomorrow. Wish y'all could all come down to Louisiana for a Thanksgiving fried Turkey and an alligator gumbo! Alee, if you decide to come over, bring that new vacuum cleaner of yours. LOL
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  4:10:20 PM  Show Profile
I have always wanted to try gator, does it taste like chicken, lol, just kidding, I really would like to try it someday, I love Gumbos, and spicy fried catfish, and jambalaya, dirty rice and red rice and beans,steamed crawdads and ... The fried turkey I have tried, and its really good, but I do like my traditional turkey and all the fixings for Thanksgiving. As far as decor goes, theres the wreath on my door, combo fall/thanksgiving style, mini pumkins, guords and indian corn in a wood bowl on the table, plus oranges with cloves in them in another bowl.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  4:32:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Teresa:
No kidding, alligator meat does taste like chicken. Of course, those that do have alligator meat in their freezers mark it as something else, like Garfish, or Turtle". Down here we aren't supposed to kill alligators. Of course, after the floods we went through there were alligators in our backyard lake. HELLO!!!!! When an alligator creeps up on you while you are doing yard work, you don't not kill it. Oh, well....
I never do put out pumkins, indian corn, or guords for Thanksgiving, but I will this year. I'll say my Farmgirl friend suggested it! LOL Thanks for the idea.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  5:35:03 PM  Show Profile
I would think your gators are like my mojave green rattlesnakes, BAD MOJO, and DEAD as soon as I get a weapon in my hand. Also you are welcome, easy from our own garden , decor, how green can you get, lol.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  7:13:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Marly- That would be so much fun! Bring my vacuum and some bullets with a gator's name on it, eh? LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  9:32:11 PM  Show Profile
No Alee, you just bring the new vaccum of yours, I have the shot gun shells. LOL I'll do all the cooking. Bring Nora, your hubby, grandparents, etc... I have three guest rooms. Give me a weeks notice, that's all I need.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  05:53:25 AM  Show Profile
Well, I'm coming if there's going to be fried Turkey...but I'm not bringing my vacuum. That's the one day I don't do that stuff :)

I took down Halloween last night, but left up the "inconspicuous" pumkins and gourd decorations. I have a large basket that I hang on the front door full of harvest flowers, but inside the house, everything decorative is on the simple side--I like the stark quality of the trees after the leaves have gone, and that's sort of my version of "thanksgiving" decorating in the house. I have several porcelain bisque pumpkins that are a soft white in variable sizes that I sit out, and I have this beautiful Lenox Cornucopia that I put small gourds in and set in the middle of the library table.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  06:03:02 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
wow....from Thanksgiving decorations to gators...lol and where did vacuums come into topic? I'm confused! LOL
:-p

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  09:28:43 AM  Show Profile
Linda:
I mentioned vacuums because our dear farmgirl, Alee, is always chatting about cleaning. She can describe a new vacuum like I can describe how wonderful a grand piano sounds! I hate with a passion, vacuuming, so I tease Alee all the time. If you notice all of her posts, she loves to clean, clean, clean. I'm always telling and asking her to come to LA. She can vacuum my house anytime. Alee is a super farmgirl and if I want to know how to clean anything, I usually ask her.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  12:51:03 PM  Show Profile
Well, I put my Fall wreath up about a month ago on the front porch. Inside, I have a pumpkin (grown by my daughter) and a cute little scaregrow girl with a basket I made of Fall colors with leaves and fall arrangement inside it, also some fall leaf candle holders. Well, now it is time to get the pilgrims out. Should have already done that, I feel a little behind this year. Continuing into the winter Farmers Market takes a good chunk of time. But oh, how I love this time of year. Family always gathers, I think of things I am thankful for, mostly family.

Sheri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...

Edited by - Lynner on Nov 03 2009 12:52:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  06:28:16 AM  Show Profile
I have my Thanksgiving decorations up too. I put out my pumpkins September 1, add Halloween to it October 1, swap Halloween out for Thanksgiving Nov. 1 and on December 1 the Christmas goes up! Yikes! Christmas is just around the corner!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Thanksgiving Decorations Anyone Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page