Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Aria's November clinic wasn't great.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Aria's November clinic wasn't great. Next Topic  

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  1:01:08 PM  Show Profile
Bummer! Her counts tanked, which was a real shock. She seems to be doing really well. She IS doing really well and has been stable for a long time that I expected her counts to be where they need to be; roughly somewhere between 1000-2000. I was stunned when her oncologist told me they were 480! If she was running a fever or had symptoms of a cold or something we would have been admitted. As it is, we are just keeping a close eye on her.

Mind you, if her counts are less than 500, it means she can't go to school, no fresh fruit or vegetables, no processed meats or cheeses. Naturally occurring bacteria live on those things so for someone as immuno-compromised as Aria is right now, it could spell quick trouble. It also means she ought not to play outside, go into any public places and so forth.

Ladies, we've been down this road a number of times. I know it well. Don't worry. I also feel incredibly grateful that we've had such an extended run of fine, fine health. Aria is heading into her 8th month of being out of the hospital, which is basically unheard of. She really is doing THAT well.

So, this little glitch, may be only that. We just have to watch and wait.

Our oncologist thinks that earlier this month when we were all dealing with some kind of crud Aria was probably infected as well even though she didn't have a fever or any really nasty symptoms. She complained of leg pain, which is a HUGE trigger for me..instantly reverting me back in time to when she was first diagnosed. It can signal relapse and of course this is a horror I REALLY don't want to face. The aches she was having were probably the flu coupled with the mild cold-like symptoms she had...we all had them. The fact that it didn't turn into anything really bad is wonderful...it shows that Aria's body is taking care of itself in a very positive way.

What we have to watch for is that she doesn't bottom out entirely...this would most definitely mean a nice hospital stay for us. We just don't know which direction she's going...is this something she's been dealing with and is recovering? Or is this something new and we have to watch to make sure she doesn't turn...We don't know.

We'll go back in a week to check her lab word then. I'll keep you posted should anything change. As it is, she staying pretty low today. She had her chemo, which tends to tire her out pretty quickly. See see. I have to confess, I'm wiped today. Our clinic visit was 3 hours. It flew by and it was wonderful to see many families I hadn't seen in a while but this is always a mixed bag. People in different places along the journey..some of it is so dark and menacing and some is bright and full of light. It is exhausting.

At the moment, my head is pounding..Oh wait! That's my house getting new floor joists for the second floor! Seriously, just please send Aria a little thought a little light. We'll weather whatever we must but it sure makes it nicer having you along!

~julia hayes

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
www.about-aria.blogspot.com

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  1:20:33 PM  Show Profile
Julia,
Right there with you. Please keep us updated.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  1:22:36 PM  Show Profile
Thinking of you and your family, and of course, little Aria. She's a fighter, this we know. I guess I'm surprised right along with you, but this too, shall pass. Give her a squeeze!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  1:30:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh my dear, I am so sorry to hear that Aria has hit a tiny bump in the road. I look at those pictures you post of your girl and she just radiates such goodness. Hope things improve quickly and you can all relax and enjoy the changing season.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  3:43:50 PM  Show Profile
Julia, go get some rest along with sweet Aria. You can weather what comes, right now resting while you await this bump is wisdom. Hugs girl!!!!

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  3:57:55 PM  Show Profile
I am loaning her one of my guardian angels, ( I have 2, and beleive you me I need both most of the time, lol) for as long as her's needs a helping hand, and that can be forever if needed.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  5:12:14 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
She has this farmgirls prays coming her way!!
Hugs and Blessings,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  5:51:00 PM  Show Profile
Know that she and your family are in my prayers. Sending light and energy her way.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  6:17:18 PM  Show Profile
Julia, Aria is in my prayers as always. I will pray extra hard that this bump in her road to recovery smooths out very quickly. She is so precious and brave. My hope is she and all of you will have a most wonderful Holiday Season, full of joy and good health.

Hugs and Love MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  6:44:05 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much everyone!! Honestly, the thing that gets me is that you'd never know Aria is so compromised right now. She is running around, playing, giggling and having a ball. Me? I'm fretting. I'm trying to relax. I'm remembering to come back to the moment. In THIS moment she is fine. I'm going with that. I'm so tired though. Holy smokes. It is just a draining sort of tired. I ought to go outside and run around. Yeah, I really ought to do that. I'm not going to! Nope, I'm going to wind down, hit the hay really really early...crawl into my bed with all 3 of my kids, read stories, tuck them in close and then read my book.

I just finished Amy Warwick's 'Summer Snow'. I thought it was exceptional. The writing was brilliant, the character development was just absolutely top-notch. I kept reading thinking, "This ought to be a movie someday!" If you haven't read it yet, I would highly recommend it. I'm now onto Amy Tan's The Bonesetter's Daughter. I'm way into it. I think this will help relax me. My husband is so terrific. He understands so completely how draining clinic can be and when you're given surprising news..it is just tough.

However, let me reiterate that she is just awesome. Let me also say that your words of encouragement, prayers and thoughts are greatly soothing! Thank you SO much!! ~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
www.about-aria.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  10:22:27 AM  Show Profile
hugs and prayers for you all.

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  10:28:33 AM  Show Profile
Julia ~ Much love and light. Holding you all close in my heart and especially Aria.
Wishing you much joy of this wonderful autumn ! Live each moment and rejoice in life!
*BIG HUGS!*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  12:36:28 PM  Show Profile
Light beams head at Aria, and Daily prayers said too.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  2:26:38 PM  Show Profile
Julia, It is no wonder you are exhausted. My Lord, honey you have been on such a rollercoaster ride for such a long time now. You have made it so real for all of us too. To live with being never sure if things are fine or not has to take its toll. You handle it with such grace and gratitude it's amazing. Having the upbeat positive attitude that you do must help little Aria cope will all she goes through also. She is such a little trooper.It is such a gift that children have that they don't worry like adults do. They just live, They enjoy their lives when there is joy to be had, When there is some discomfort and not feeling too well, they just go through it, not dwell, just in their hearts know this will be ok.They just make the best out it and figure it will get better for them, and it will for Aria. How I wish as adults we could be as pure and innocent and unafraid as children are. But knowing that they feel this way makes it a lot easier, knowing they don't worry and think the worst like we sometimes do. That must bring you comfort. I am glad that you share with us and let us know so honestly what your feelings are. You are a very positive person and that makes all the difference for your children, your husband and yourself. As you said she is happy and playing and enjoying the moment. Isn't that really all any of us can do? As I said you are an amazing person. I admire you so much.

Hugs and love MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  9:16:22 PM  Show Profile
I'm sending positive thoughts to you and Aria. It sounds like a minor setback in Aria's path to recovery. She's a strong little girl and you're a wonderful and strong mother!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  9:49:55 PM  Show Profile
I have always read and kept up with Aria, but I have never written anything before. Just to let you know there are lots of us wishing, and praying for all things to go well.

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Aria's November clinic wasn't great. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page