Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Anyone make cards to give or sell?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Anyone make cards to give or sell? Next Topic  

MyGreenGravity
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Michelle
OH
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  07:57:01 AM  Show Profile
I am planning to make cards to sell and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this. Can you recommend any online places to order basic white cards fairly inexpensively? I will decorate and embellish the fronts of course...

Michelle
www.mygreengravity.blogspot.com

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  08:17:17 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Michelle,
I make cards of every kind . . . have for years. However, I have never bought cards already ready for embellishments.

I buy cardstock and cut it to whatever size I need. I do buy my envelopes ready made and most of the time use the "invitation" size which takes a 1/2 sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 card stock. If I have 12 x 12 card stock I still cut it to fit and use the other pieces for other projects or to add to another card or whatever.

I also purchase the clear bags to put them in for sale so they don't get grubby with customer handling. I get those from clearbags.com . . . they have every size imaginable!!!!

I'm sorry I don't have info for basic cards already to use . . .I'll bet someone else has, though!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  08:55:58 AM  Show Profile
Most craft stores have cardstock with envelopes a seam in the center for folding---endless possibilities with imagination. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Anyone make cards to give or sell? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page