Author Family Matters: Previous Topic another wedding thread? Next Topic  

simone947
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

sarah
peru NY
34 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  4:36:01 PM  Show Profile
I got engaged on the 3rd and I'm very excited about planning a farmgirl wedding. We found a barn in VT built in the 1800s for the reception and I've borrowed alot of ideas from the other threads on the forum, but I am totally lost when it comes to a wedding dress. I am not into frills or beading, or sequins or puffiness, but every place I look has Cinderella dresses dripping with all sorts of adornments. Any suggestions? I'm not opposed to going with with a non-white dress, but would probably prefer to wear a dress since we are getting married in our church.

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  4:59:47 PM  Show Profile
I was the same way when I got married. I despised the pouffy, "Disney princess" dresses. I found a Russian designer that does vintage reproductions - "Nadya". I found her dresses on a website called "the red dress" - TONs and TONs of lovely, non-pouffy dresses. I got mine for about $200!!
It was amazing. You'll have to google that website; I'm sorry; I've never been able to make a link work on this site.
Anyway, the dress I chose comes in about 4 colors; I chose ivory. The black version of the dress is sold in the Victorian Trading Co. Catalog as their "vintage tea dress."
I think there is a pic on my blog I put on there recently...... Good luck and happy planning!

www.happilyeverafterhosanna.blogspot.com
www.thewindofheaven.blogspot.com
www.CarolinaRoses.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

AmethystRose
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Rosemary
Huntingdon PA
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  6:22:16 PM  Show Profile

It's terrible, but this image won't leave me of a full length pinafore apron of white eyelet over something strapless and gingham...
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  12:48:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi there. :) I got mine as a bridesmaids dress, and they made it in ivory. No frills, not poofy, no train, and it was under 300 bucks. I walked in to the shop, after looking at 5 others, and said "I want a wedding dress that has NO poof, NO beads, NO train, NOTHING. Do you have it? And she said "You want a bridesmaids dress, not a wedding dress!"

Take a look at the pictures I posted in the "wedding pictures thread". Also, on my blog (One entry down) there's a link to my photobucket account that has a ton of pictures in it too of me in my dress.

Also, try searching for taffeta wedding dresses. I was in love with a Nicole Miller dress that was VERY casual and farmy, except for the $4,000 price tag. ;)

I'd try oncewed.com, and etsy as well. There are some beautiful dress makers on etsy.

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic another wedding thread? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page