Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic update on my profile. Next Topic  

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  7:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies, I just wanted you all to know that you can all call me by my real name now. At first I didn't feel comfortable putting my real name on here because I didn't know anyone and didn't know if this was a safe site. Know what I mean? I liked the name maggie so much that I wanted my user name on here to be it. Anyway, my real name is Hannah but it's spelled with a C in front of the H, so it's Channah. Just thought I would let you know.
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  7:17:06 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for letting us know. Very pretty name! I know what you mean about being cautious. That is a very smart thing to do when you are online. Glad you are feeling more comfortable here. :D
hugs

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  7:23:49 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you for understanding Jessie! Thats really neat that your name is Jessie because thats my middle name, Channah Jessie. Cool!
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  7:24:10 PM  Show Profile
Its ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry, smart girl.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Autumn Leaves
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Jennifer
Northern California
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  7:27:59 PM  Show Profile
I understand too, my sister wants me to get on Facebook so I can see photos of my niece & nephew and I'm having a hard time with that. I like it here and I like my blog which is only advertised to you guys but, Facebook I don't know.....

Warm Wishes
Jennifer

Never let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
http://jenscountrylife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  7:31:35 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer, too many horror stories about Facebook and My Space, especialy when children are involved. IMO, I think they both should be shut down.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  05:22:01 AM  Show Profile
What a beautiful name Channah! I dont blame you for being careful, you never know these dys. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  06:06:57 AM  Show Profile
How cool is that!! I don't think I've ever heard of someone with Jessie as a middle name! :D
Do you know what your name means?
hugs

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  5:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Jessie, For my middle name I was named after my great aunt on my mom's side who's middle name was Jessie. She was a very sweet lady and I loved he a lot. For my first name the meaning depends on where you look it up but I'm pretty sure it means in hebrew Grace of God.
Channah

Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  7:09:02 PM  Show Profile
Channah, how many times do you have to correct people on how to say your name?
Count me as one of them, and its such a pretty name!! Toni
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  7:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
How many times do I have to correct people on how I say my name?? Do you really want to know?!?!? :) lots of times.lol A lot of people think it's Shannah but its pronounced Chah-nah. Get it? Sometimes its really hard for people to get it so I just tell them to call me Hannah. I go by both. :)
Channah

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic update on my profile. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page