Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  1:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I hate to give up on my old Kirby. Maybe in a few months I will send it in to be refurbished! It never hurts to have two vacuums around the house.

Any how I notices a super deal on a Bissel upright canister vacuum and decided to go for it. And so far, even though it is orange and the package clearly looked RED- it is an awesome machine! It is easy to use, easy to empty and has gotten an almost embarassing amount of JUNK out of my carpet.

Maybe because I can see it it feels like more crud than normal but PHEW! I am so glad that stuff isn't in my carpet any more!! YUCK! So I think it was a $65 well spent. Just hope hubby agrees when he gets home! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  1:45:10 PM  Show Profile
I can't believe you have any junk in your carpets since you shampoo them once a week!!!

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  2:11:12 PM  Show Profile
OK, I doubt you watch it, but there is an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where a vacuum salesperson sells Debra a new carpet shampooer-type thing and shows her all the nastiness that was in her carpet. So Debra goes over to her MIL's house and uses it on her carpets to prove that her MIL isn't a perfect housekeeper, either. Except that there is no dirt in the water when she goes to dump it out, and she is irate. Much funnier than how I just described it, but, it made me think of you Alee. I wouldn't think that you would get any dirt in the water either as often as you clean your carpets!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  3:31:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well I have a toddler and a dog and we go in and out all the time. Plus we probably track dirt in from going to the Stable. I also think there was a lot of residue and left behind dirt from previous tenants. I am not sure, but after vacuuming the carpet shampooer water was MUCH cleaner today, so I think the new vacuum might be the key to not having grody capreting anymore! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  3:08:08 PM  Show Profile
Grody! hahaha There's a word I don't hear anymore. It use to be my favorite expression! You are so funny Alee!
Judy

Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  9:17:16 PM  Show Profile
Heard on the news today that since new vacuums are so expensive anymore and people are hurting because of the economy, there has been an increase in sales of shop vac's. I guess people are just buying longer hoses for them. Hmmm $49.99 for a shop vac vs over $100 for a new vacuum. They may be on to something! I still want the one with the Pet Hair Remover!

And Tony, I remember that episode of Everybody Loves Raymond! Thought that was me and my MIL (my carpets being the "grody" ones!)!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  12:02:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hmm- my vacuum was only $65, and I get the convenience of the standard handle. But shop vacs are nice too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

N@n
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Hackett Arkansas
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  07:45:22 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Alee,
You are a wonder girlfriend!!! I just bought a new vacuum cleaner as well. Got one of those Dyson Whirlwind thingies. Not one of the most expensive ones, but still pretty pricey.It replaces my Rainbow that I have had and used daily for 15 years. I have tried cheaper models, but wow, I go through them in a hurry. Just too rough on them I guess. But the Dyson works great and doesn't get that "doggie" smell from many of the bag type vacuums. I have two 100 pound labs that live in the house with us so much fur and sand and crud to pick up. So far so good. Hope all of you have a blessed weekend. I am off for a motorcycle ride with my better half. Too pretty a day to stay home.
Nan in Ar,

keep searchin'-it's out there somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  08:13:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is great Nan! I would love to have a Dyson but it's going to have to wait until next year I think! But maybe this new vacuum will last longer than that- so hopefully I can buy a dyson when this one goes out!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  04:24:44 AM  Show Profile
Nan- I love my Rainbow! It's 9 years old and I always love seeing the dirty water, knowing I'm throwing it out, and getting it out of my carpets, lol!!
BUT- my middle daughter just moved back home with us for a short while and she brought her brand new Dyson with her. I grabbed it the other night to vacuum one of the bedrooms carpets, and I could not believe the difference! It just looked sooo much better!
I'm about to take it downstairs and try it in the living areas where the dogs are and see how it does.
I don't know- maybe my Rainbow needs an overhaul or something, I always thought it was doing such a good job!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

N@n
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Hackett Arkansas
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  06:37:03 AM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda, I had the very same experience. The dog hair that came up out of the carpet in the bedrooms was astounding. Maybe the Dyson has more power than the rainbow. But boy it works great.And it is quicker cuz you don't have the water thingie to mess with. Any way-here's to a cleaner house!!!
Nan in Ar.

keep searchin'-it's out there somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  07:28:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Another victory for my vacuum. I had two small runner rugs that were just horribly coated in dog hair but my vacuum hardly touched it, but the new one just sucked it up and asked for more! I'm in love! I was just looking at my living room carpet and was excited to see my dog had lost a clump of fur...time to vacuum! Yay! LOL I know! I am silly. But it feels really nice to get the hair out of the house.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  12:47:30 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I know exactly what you mean. DH and I have 7 dogs. And it seems like there is always at least one (or more) in the house. My old hoover didn't even touch the dog hair and it drove me crazy. I finally broke down and bought a Rainbow vaccum. Man I love that thing!! Sucks up tons of hair and dirt. I'm sure there are better vaccums out there, but the Rainbow does such a great job I still love it and I've had it for two years!! I swear, everytime I vaccum I tell DH that I've sucked up enough fur out of the carpet to make ANOTHER dog! LOL!

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  3:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LOL! I know exactly what you mean! We only have the one but she is long haired- like 6-8 inches long. I gave her a bath yesterday and used the carpet shampooer attachment to suck the water off her fur and then brushed her. THis morning even though I had brushed her yesterday she was a bit dread-locked in the back and I brushed and vacuumed her again this morning. SO MUCH FUR! Sheesh! And it's all super fine too. I could spin her hair if I knew how to spin. I have finger spun some of it and it would make a nice soft yarn. Almost cashmere feeling. She is super soft like a cat.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  09:22:34 AM  Show Profile
I don't think I've ever seen a cat with 6-8 inch hair. Amazing. We've had long hair cats before, but said no more! Short hair from now on. Can't take all that work. Is she ok with the sweeper. My cat is terrified of it. He loves to play in water though. We've not given him a bath yet. That just may be the "cure-all" for the water think too.hahaha
Judy

Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  1:13:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh she isn't a cat with 6-8 inch fur- she is a dog that has 6-8 inch fur that feels as soft as a cat! Sorry for the confusion!3

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic New Vacuum! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page