countrymum
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Lorie
PA
USA
97 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  10:25:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, I have been having a "problem" with finding centipedes in my home on a regular basis. I know they eat bad bugs but I just don't like finding them in my home.
Anyway, a gentleman who attends our church works in pest control and I asked him an "organic" way to get rid of them. He gave me a helpful tip I would like to share.
Take glue traps, the kind for mice, and cut into half, before removing paper backing. Place on top of basement concrete,on the ledge where it meets with the woodframe near where the pipes are and also place some near subpump and any other areas around basement.
Apparently they run along the pipes and around the top ledge of the basement.
Just thought I'd share with anyone else who doesn't like them in their home.

"Life is brief & very fragile. Do that which makes you happy."- Flavia

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  8:26:39 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Thanks Lorie.I wish I would have known that years ago when my sister and her family were moving into an old house that had been sitting empty for a couple of years.I went to help her clean and when we turned on the kitchen tap, all of these centipedes ran out of the drain.~~ewwwww~~~ still makes me shiver. We called them Giela-monsters! hahaha We still call them that. We can laugh about it now.But back then?......~~ewwww~~~
Judy

Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  7:22:50 PM  Show Profile
So gross!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lorie, or Centipedes the same things as caterpillars? If so, I hate those things so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to put those sticky things all over the place. OMG if I found one of those gross things in my house, I'd be out so fast. Totally gross. I would rather have roaches or mice. LOL
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic centipedes!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page