Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Just got MaryJane's Book! Next Topic  

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  1:13:52 PM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
Friday, I spent the day shopping, picking up a few things, that I can only find out of town. On my list, somewhere between potting soil, and royal blue gym shorts, was MaryJane's Book. I had never heard of MaryJane until a few weeks back, I found her through the FarmChicks site. Not being sure I fit in, I have tell you all I was a little nervous about journing the group. But know that I have read MaryJane's Book, I feel so good about it.

I spent Friday evening reading the book cover to cover. I realized I have a lot more in common with MaryJane and the rest of you Farmgirls then I ever thought. Okay, so I don't have an outhouse or make my own soap (though I am not opposed to trying both). But like MaryJane said, "Farmgirl is A Condition of the Heart."

I think I found you all just at the right time. Just when I thought my ideas were crazy. That the goal of turning our little farm into something, was impossible. No words can explain how MaryJane and the rest of you Farmgirls have inspired me. I feel so renewed, and ready to get back out there, Thank You!

Elizabeth

Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.

http://livingcountrystyle.blogspot.com/

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  1:24:16 PM  Show Profile
MaryJane will love the fact that she was between potting soil and gym shorts. Somehow, that is the kind of list she would appreciate. So glad you are here, Elizabeth, and that we can learn from you, too, how to simplfy life!

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  1:53:17 PM  Show Profile
I'm so glad you found MaryJane's book -- it's a true treasure! I'm glad you're feeling, as my grandma used to say, more comfortable in your skin -- more sure of the "rightness" of your dreams.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  10:21:15 PM  Show Profile
It IS wonderful to know that there are other gals out there like me...I am sure we all have that feeling. A treasure is the perfect way to describe the book!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  08:36:45 AM  Show Profile
Having a community like this is so wonderful. I'm glad that you feel welcome here - I have learned so much from all of the ladies here, and I so appreciate the social feel of this 'Connection - it IS a treasure!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  09:31:24 AM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
I couldnt agree more with you!! Its so wonderful to be able to come here and connect with all of you and learn different things from the simple to very complex...Thank you!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Just got MaryJane's Book! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page