Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  7:10:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girls! I have been away for a while and just started getting back on the forums again. I've been having some life alterations happening. It's for the good and I know this, but it is difficult in the process, and I have a lot of decisions I need to make. So I wanted to see if any of you would be willing to give me some suggestions and possible advice.
I broke up with my fiance, because he wasn't working and wasn't looking for a job. He wasn't cleaning house, doing laundry, or making dinner either. I work 40 hours plus, commute is about an hour and a half and sometimes get up at 4 am. I tried to get him to look for anything but that didn't happen. So I am single, I know it's not all that bad, but I want to have a family and although I am young and I understand that I have plenty of time, it's that idea that I have been through so many relationships that have ended bad. I live in LA and there is a high level of selfish people out here. I know it's anywhere you go, but it is concentrated out here. I want to leave and find some place new. I took a quiz on line called find your spot. And it places me in Washington and Alaska. I have been wanting to move to Washington anyways. So here is my question, where is a good place in Washington. I'm from Tucson, AZ, so this will be a big weather change for me, but I am ready for that, I think. I want someplace where it's not people living on top of people but where people are kind and more of the country attitude. Hold a door for another, say thank you and your welcome. Say please even. Someplace where people have time to say Hello how are you, not what can I get for you today? I know I may be shooting for the stars with all of these request, but I'm just curious. I know there are a lot of you sisters in Washington. Also for all of you single gals out there how do you fill that void of when you have someone there and then it's not there anymore. I know I might be a little silly, and I would much rather be by myself then be with what I had, I get that. But geezzz....give a girl a break.
Anyways I will be around.
Farm Girl Hugs!

Laura Marie #369
www.lauramariedesign.com

"It's not the size of the farm but the size of your heart!"

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  7:43:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I would seriously recommend the Moscow/Pullman area of the Palouse (AkA Home of MaryJanes Farm!) You will be close enough to Spokane to have access to the big events like concerts, theater, opera etc, but will live far enough away that crime is pretty much a joke. I lived in Moscow for 6 years and really think it is the nicer of the two towns as far as community atmosphere. The colleges provide lots of ameteur entertainment in the form of playes, musicals, performances etc. There are several huge craft/Ren fairs that come in the spring and summer and a great weekly farmer's market in downtown Moscow.

Surrounding the two towns are some great little towns where small town life is thriving. People wave in town and it's still safe to cross the streets. The weather is typically pretty mild but you will have to get used to snow in the winter! :D Some years the winters are very mild and some years you get tons of snow and colder temperatures. Let me know if you decide to more to that area- I know lots of great ladies up there that would give you a great welcome!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  9:46:32 PM  Show Profile
I can't help you on where to move, but I can offer some advice as a single woman: get a dog (I'm dead serious), then get involved in some volunteer activities that you feel passionate about or have always wanted to learn more about. Explore your spirituality. Explore nature. Throw yourself into life and life will reward you in ways that you couldn't have foreseen. Yeah, I miss not having a man in my life, but I'm pursuing my dreams, which is hard to do when someone else is involved. I hope you find a great place to live in Washington.
cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2009 :  4:41:25 PM  Show Profile
I have two cats and my roomie has a dog. But I do agree with the amount of comfort that they provide! I am looking into volunteer work but right now I am happy just catching up on projects and working on figuring out what I am doing next in my life!

Laura Marie #369
www.lauramariedesign.com

"It's not the size of the farm but the size of your heart!"
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic A little help... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page