Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Can you believe this? Next Topic  

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  07:16:41 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Okay --- Maybe I can. Can you believe this was in a newspaper. I wish I knew who the writer was and what article and paper, but this is what I have. I'll try to find out more if I can.

Okay, I have nothing against vegetarianism. But this isn't even a vegetarian apparently????

Wow.

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

http://maggielousdaughter.blogspot.com

Edited by - lilwing on Oct 16 2009 07:28:31 AM

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  07:23:37 AM  Show Profile
Where has this person been all his/her life??????? Made there??????? no animals harmed!!!!!
This is hilarious but tragic! The writer of this article needs to remember where they sat down their thinking tools

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Edited by - Annika on Oct 16 2009 07:24:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  07:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow...I REALLY hope that person was using sarcasm, and if not I hope someone that loves him/her took the time to correct their obvious lack of education about food. What do they think happens? Star Trek beams down the meat in nice packages and that is just materializes out of the air?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  08:10:38 AM  Show Profile
That is just funny. How absurd. I wonder where they think dairy comes from?

www.happilyeverafterhosanna.blogspot.com
www.thewindofheaven.blogspot.com
www.CarolinaRoses.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  08:58:31 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, last time I checked those slaughter houses and their workers weren't getting any Humane Society awards or anything.

Ignorance is bliss!!! But sometimes, it's just plain ignorant.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

countrymum
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Lorie
PA
USA
97 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  09:19:32 AM  Show Profile
I think they need to tour a slaughterhouse so they can wrtie an apology in the paper to all the humane hunters they offended.

"Life is brief & very fragile. Do that which makes you happy."- Flavia
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  09:46:53 AM  Show Profile
Every one knows, meat can be made by the butcher at the store, what's all those machines for, if not for making meat! hahaha J/K What a idiot! hahaha

However, I was going to get a cat from a woman a few weeks ago from Craigslist, and she had a dog too, it was a lab. And I said something to the effect my dad's hunting dog looked a lot like her's. She about had a melt down! Should of seen the look she shot me.

I said well he eats every thing he kills. She just got quiet. And it had been very obvious she was NOT a vegetarian. As she had just told me she had gotten a chicken sandwich from Wendy's! hahahahaha

Where she think that chicken came from? At least the turkeys my dad kills, had a free, fun life before he ate it! Wasn't in a pin, being poked with needles, and stuffed with crap to eat, in a pin not big enough for it to turn around in! Till it was big enough to eat!

But, I didn't touch it any more, as she was obviously crazy about hunting. And I let it go. As she was obviously whack. And as you can guess she wouldn't let me have the cat! hahaha She was a real nut ball!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  10:09:47 AM  Show Profile
Bahahahahahaha! Wow. How can one be so clueless?

Karin

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
www.athreadofred.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  10:25:56 AM  Show Profile
Several years ago a new family moved in down the road, ( they wanted to have their kids grow-up in the country ). A few other neighbors and I went down and introduced ourselves, bringing with us food and canned goods so they didn't have to cook for a day or two while un-packing. As we were setting down the food, the women asked, " where did you get all these pretty jars with food in them ", we said we canned ourselves, along with the other food we grew/raised on our farm/ranches that we brought. OMG, we didn't know if she was going to throw-up or pass out, she said to please leave, and take the food with us, she wasn't about to eat stuff that came from a farm or ranch, ( she'd heard " HORRIBLE " stories ), her family ONLY ate what came from the grocery store!! So yah, people are that damn " STUPID "!!!!!!

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  10:34:31 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
That is TERRIBLY TERRIBLY RUDE on top of it all. Oh my gosh, and they wanted their kids to "grow up in the country"? I would've been appalled and told them, "Please go back to the city then and take your rudeness with you!" as I was leaving.. But I kind of have a mouth .... *sheepish*LOL

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

http://maggielousdaughter.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  10:41:45 AM  Show Profile
Brooke, they were in a sense "shunned" due to the very rude and nasty attitudes they all had, their kids were expelled from grade school for the problems they started. They moved back to where they came from with-in a year of moving here, good riddence was all I could say!!! Oh and my mouth has gotten me in a "bit" of trouble over the years, lol.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  12:20:37 PM  Show Profile
To be honest, I'm glad she gave it back instead of trashing it like some may of. Yeah, rude, but at least your hard work and sweat didn't go into the garbage can.

But, yes people are idiots!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  12:21:37 PM  Show Profile
Sometimes I just have to wonder at the pure stupidity of the human race.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  12:45:02 PM  Show Profile
ROFL Oooooh boy... I Googled it to see if I could find the source, and I found this list of funnies...that make you wonder at the average IQ of the human race!! http://www.times-news.com/jimgoldsworthy/local_story_127204507.html

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com

www.patternprincess.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  12:55:21 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
As Bill Engvall would say... "Here's your sign." : )

Heather

"Hitch your wagon to a star"

http://somewheredownintexas-heather.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Can you believe this? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page