Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 The things you see, the places you go!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The things you see, the places you go! Next Topic  

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  12:36:59 PM  Show Profile
I had to take a form up "north" of the city for work, for signature, and I went to a side of town that I just barely glimpse from the expressway but have always wondered about..an "old" part of the city, where the Victorian Era fairgrounds are located--what beautiful buildings!!!--and these grand old houses that have, unfortunately, fallen in disaray in some sections, but still, to imagine what they have been! I passed through an old town square (Hartwell, I believe it was called) and there were all these old shop fronts, still filled with merchants. Even a milliner! But, the greatest of these storefronts housed "Buttons, Etc." a notions store, that advertised (on it's very pretty hand painted sign) "Antique and Vintage Buttons for Sale" and in the front of the old bay shop window, a very large cat, no doubt curled up on the heat vent on this very chill, grey day

I almost wrecked my car looking at it! If I hadn't had to get back to the office, I would have stopped there in a second. Will have to head back up there someday soon for more exploration...

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  2:02:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
So Cool, Jonni! I am jealous! Places like that are much fewer and far behind out here!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  10:37:37 AM  Show Profile
It's fun to take a turn onto an unknown road to see what you find! That's how you find the coolest places.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  08:55:50 AM  Show Profile
That sounds like a lovely adventure, I probably would have driven right through the front door of the button store. Who would thini there would still be such establishments left?

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  09:25:52 AM  Show Profile
Not sure if this would be the same place,but I saw a feature about a small button store on one of those Sunday Morning type programs.

Very interesting
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  3:53:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness girl, I would have wrecked my car craning my neck to see more. You will have to tell me all about it when you get to go check it out again....button envy here.....lol

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic The things you see, the places you go! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page