Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  09:06:24 AM  Show Profile
We have to go in a few weeks to a worker's comp hearing for the injury Richard got last year. What happens at these things anyway?
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  10:17:26 PM  Show Profile
We went to one when my husband hurt his back in a work related injury about 9 years ago. I think I had to wait out in the waiting room and didn't get to go in...but it was just lawyers and insurance guys and from what I heard from Steve they just sort of haggle over how disabled the person is and what compensation they will get. There are usually more than one hearing...felt like it went on forever. Good luck!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  2:29:51 PM  Show Profile
My daughter had to go to one for a foot injury.I believe she had to go to the comp Dr. and he gave his opinion also. Besides her own Dr. She had to have surgery and she did get a settlement, but not too much.I think some people get quite a bit, but even though hers ended up in 3 surgeries she didn't.The Dr. says how disabled he thinks it makes you, a percentage. If it isn't like 25% or more then it usually doesn't pan out to well. My husband got his finger crushed in a machine at work and he actually has the tip bent right over, he can't pick up anything small. They only said it was a 10% loss. That was nuts. It is permenantly disabled. Good Luck!

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Worker's Comp. Hearing???? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page